Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Hogwarts

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome to Hogwarts Empty Welcome to Hogwarts

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 9:14 pm

Shifting her weight on her other foot she looked around her. Everyone was happily chattering way, their voices ringing with glee and merriment. She gulped nervously, glancing down at the floor. Even though she was usually a cheerful, talkative person, being in a new school was intimating. To begin with, she was already annoyed that she had been sorted into Hufflepuff. She did not want to live in that horrible Hobbit hole. They seemed far to cheerful for her liking, to them the world was all rainbows and kittens.

Biting her lip, she headed over to the Hufflepuff table glumly. Wishing that somehow someone would approach her and snatch her away before she needed to sit down. Her new housemates were waving at her and smiling, trying to be as welcoming as possible, but it only made her want to hangout with them less. She knew she was acting like a brat and that she should be happy to be attending Hogwarts in the first place. Her aunt had been kind enough to take her and her brother into their home after all the drama he had caused at their old wizarding school. So much drama that they had both been expelled. Keely had found her expulsion unfair, she wasn't the one who had been having an affair with a teacher. Of course she had known about her brother doing that, but she gotten involved. Instead she had kept her mouth shut and not said a word. It was like what most 15 year old girls would have done.

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Hogwarts Empty Re: Welcome to Hogwarts

Post  Hannah Abbott June 6th 2010, 9:24 pm

Hannah skipped into the Great Hall and towards the Hufflepuff table, bumping into a girl on her way past. She stumbled and then tripped on her own feet, crashing to the floor. She stood back up and turned towards the girl quickly. "Oh my god," She gushed, acting like it was the girl who had fallen and not herself, "are you okay? I'm so sorry."
Hannah Abbott
Hannah Abbott
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 9:28 pm

Layla was smiling at the new girl. She stood up, for some reason, when Hannah fell. She giggled a little and sat back down.
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

http://myownworldtoescape.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 9:36 pm

Staring at the girl who had just bumped into her, she nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay?" Keely asked politely, wondering why the girl was being so nice. Sure, she had run into her, but the girl was the one who had fallen on the ground and not vice versa. She figured from her tie and robes, this girl was a Hufflepuff, at least they weren't at bad as she though they were. "Keely Houston," she held out her hand to help the girl up.

Glancing at the girl giggling at the Hufflepuff table, she wondered if this happened daily. Maybe this girl was a natural klutz.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Abbott June 6th 2010, 9:41 pm

"Hannah Abbott." She said, taking Keely's hand and pulling herself up. She turned to the table and stuck her tongue out at Layla, noticing as she did that Keely wasn't wearing any colors on her robe. "Are you new here? That's awesome! What house are you being put in?"
Hannah Abbott
Hannah Abbott
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 9:46 pm

She was listening to the girl talk to Hannah, she decided to butt in "I'm Layla by the way. You can sit here if you'd like." She smiled again
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 9:49 pm

Smiling weakly she nodded, she wasn't too sure if she wanted to announce what house she had been sorted into. The girl might attempt to hug her or something. Not that she minded hugs, but when she was in a bad mood, she definitely didn't want one. "Hufflepuff." She said quietly, looking around her again, before facing the girl. "Same as you right?" Keely asked making herself smile. She needed to be nice otherwise it would be hard not having any friends.

Deciding she'd just need to accept her fate and admit that she was one of the Hufflepuff folk, she dragged herself over to their table at sat down next to the girl who claimed she was Layla. "Please to meet you." Her voice was a little clipped and forced nice, but no one could really blame her. It was hard being a new kid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Abbott June 6th 2010, 9:53 pm

Hannah smiled and followed Keely to the table, sitting down on her other side. "Yeah, I'm a Hufflepuff. That easy to tell?" She asked. "Well, I guess if I was a Ravenclaw I wouldn't have tripped. And if I was a Slytherin I wouldn't have said hello. Oh, and I'm wearing yellow. Right." She said, laughing. "Hey, Layla." She smiled, "How's it going?"
Hannah Abbott
Hannah Abbott
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 9:56 pm

"Welcome to Hufflepuff! I swear we aren't as boring as everyone makes us out to be." He smiles, yet again. This girl was Smiley McGee. "I'm good Hannah, you?"
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Abbott June 6th 2010, 9:59 pm

Hannah shrugged, "Pretty good. And yeah, we're not that boring. The first Thursday of the month went by and nothing even happened!" She said happily. "Err," she added, wondering if maybe it was a bad idea to freak out the new kid by metioning that.
Hannah Abbott
Hannah Abbott
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 10:01 pm

Layla gave Hannah a 'don't say that' look. Then she burst out laughing, hoping to distract the new girl. She decided to try and switch the subject. "I know it's rough being new. I'm new too, if you have any questions just ask!"
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 10:03 pm

"Nothing even happened?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "Nothing even happened as in your lives are boring or you're happy nothing happened because it's usually drama filled?" Keely wasn't to sure she one she liked more. The latter one would be more excited but it would also be stressful and annoying. Drama often drove her nuts even though she seemed like she was a magnet for it. "So are there any cute guys?" She knew her question would probably get a couple giggles, but hey, it was worth knowing if there were actually any attractive people at this school.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 10:05 pm

Layla's eyes and smile widened. Boys. Her favorite subject. "Oh yeah, there are some cute boys. Sadly, most of them are either taken, or gay." She sighed.
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Abbott June 6th 2010, 10:06 pm

"Well, I'm sorry, but I have to go. See you around the common room, Keely! Bye Layla!" She said, gathering her stuff and leaving.
Hannah Abbott
Hannah Abbott
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 10:09 pm

She smiled and waved. "See ya Hannah!"
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 10:12 pm

She grinned. "So are you going to introduce them to me?" Nodding as Hannah dashed off, Keely reverted her attention back to Layla. "And I don't care if they're dating, it's still nice to have guy friends."

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 10:14 pm

"Of course! Like I said, I'm pretty new too, but I've met a few. Hey! Do you have a dorm yet? I wonder if you can join mine. There's only two people in there." Her bubbliness was coming out, she tried to stifle it. She cleared her throat. "Yeah, back home I had more guy friends than girl friends.."
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 10:20 pm

"I don't think I do, so I don't mind being your roommate." Keely said feeling a lot more cheerful. Hufflepuffs were definitely not as bad as she thought they were going to to be. "So what year are you in?" She continued figuring the girl was on the older side, definitely not a first year. Talking about cute boys and how she had a lot of guy friends already made Keely feel like she'd become good friends with Layla.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 10:23 pm

[crap, I keep forgetting what year I put her in...ermmm..]

"Well, I'm a 5th year. How about you?" She smiles. She seemed to finally be making a good friend. The two Newbies. She had other acquaintances, but she was still pretty lonely. She was used to being surrounded by people, and guys were much more into her back in the States.
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 10:28 pm

"Really?" She asked perking up now. They were both the same age, this was making it even better. "I'm a five year too." Keely put some food on her plate and took a bite of a roll. The food here was delicious, much better than the food at her old school. "So where are you from? You sound different," Keely asked her, noticing her accent was similar to her's. "Not in a bad way of course..." She added hastily, not wanting to offend the girl. "Because I'm from LA, so I was wondering if you had lived there also."

[ haha! I do that all the time. That's the curse of having a ton of characters. Also I usually remember my character's birthdays better than I remember my friends. It's horrible. ]

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 10:32 pm

[Well, Dean is a 7th year, and I'm used to that, so I forget everyone else..]

She stared. "Shut-up! I'm from the States too! I went the Salem's Witches Academy! My dad got a job with the Ministry here, so we moved!" Wow, they seemed to have a lot in common already!
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 10:39 pm

Her eyes widened. "That's so weird! Maybe our Dad's new each other! My father was the head of the ministry of magic in LA." It seemed extremely strange that their two lives were so similar. Maybe that's what happened when your father worked in the ministry. "This is so weird though! I didn't think I'd meet someone from American here, everyone at this school is supposed to be British. I guess we get to break all the British boys hearts." She giggled girlishly.

[ Well I'm guessing Dean is your AW so that's how you remember his ]

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 10:43 pm

"Trust me. I've already got a start on that! The thing is, the boys here are much more....polite? They don't fall for the same tricks that I was able to use back home. It's been...rough." She leaned in closer and whispered. "I haven't kissed a guy in..TWO WEEKS." She looked appalled at the thought, and shook her head slowly.
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest June 6th 2010, 10:51 pm

"Really?!!" She said horrified, her American accent coming out even more strongly. "That's horrible! I thought they'd like the fact that we're American girls." Keely frowned a little, maybe it would be more difficult hooking up with the guys here as she thought it would be. "Well I'm sure if we team up together we can break a couple boys hearts." She smirked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley June 6th 2010, 10:53 pm

Layla smirked too. "For sure!" She glanced around the Great Hall to see if there were any worthy boys in there. She sighed when she saw none. "Anyways, the lake is usually a good place to meet people. That's where I was at a lot. I've also had a small bit of luck in the common room, but that was one time, and I haven't seen the boy since.." She was starting to ramble, so she quickly shut up.
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum