Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Titanic

+5
Draco Malfoy
Angela Braddock
Romilda Vane
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Neville Longbottom
9 posters

Go down

The Titanic Empty The Titanic

Post  Neville Longbottom December 26th 2010, 5:46 am

Amazing movie. Amazing.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

The Titanic Empty Re: The Titanic

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy December 26th 2010, 6:08 am

I never liked this movie. Though I never watched it all the way through either, I always got bored and have only seen it all in parts.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane December 26th 2010, 6:11 am

The only part I really remember was when Rose let go of Jack. I laughed and was like, OMG REALLY? YOU BITCH THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM ON THAT DINGY. And then I kept laughing.
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock December 26th 2010, 6:31 am

i love this movie. though its really funny to watch it with my roommate. she's always like "SHARE THE DAMN DOOR!!!" hahaha love it
Angela Braddock
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy December 26th 2010, 6:54 am

Love this movie!!

Saw it 5 times in movie theatres when I was 5. I shouted WHEEE when the people slid down the boat and laughed when Jack died.

I love Titanic.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

http://skylinepassion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane December 29th 2010, 3:06 pm

The Titanic Titani10

Just gonna leave this here.
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett December 29th 2010, 3:23 pm

Draco Malfoy wrote:Love this movie!!

Saw it 5 times in movie theatres when I was 5. I shouted WHEEE when the people slid down the boat and laughed when Jack died.

I love Titanic.

We are such twins.
My favourite part in the whole movie is the guy who smashes into the propeller as he plummets off the back of the the ship...

I have to admit, this movie is kinda a guilty pleasure of mine. *loves it*
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy December 29th 2010, 4:42 pm

OMG I love that part! I love the whole SMASHBANGBOOM bit.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 29th 2010, 5:05 pm

It might be the musician in me, but the string quartet is my favourite.
The boat is sinking, but nothing will stop them from playing...
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy December 29th 2010, 11:06 pm

Random note sorta related to this:

Leo DiCaprio has a place in Belize. Well actually an island. I've seen it. My goal is to one day get on it.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Luna Potter December 30th 2010, 2:09 am

I love Titanic.
Although, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person who's not mad at Rose for saying she'll never let go and then does. When I was younger, I was angry because I thought she meant literally, but when I saw it again and I was older I started to think she meant emotionally. She never does let him go emotionally and mentally because she takes on his name and doesn't marry anyone else. She even drops the necklace into the ocean where the Titanic is beneath it and, obviously, where her one true love is.

So, she doesn't ever let him go in the bitter end.

And about the door, we studied it in physics and it wouldn't have held both of them above the water. His weight combined with her weight would have eventually caused the door to begin to submerge and eventually they both would be going under the water. We couldn't get complete accurate measurements of the door, so it's all hypothetical, but it was an experiment we did and everyone came up with the same type of result.

In the end, I love the movie and I adore the ending. I know it sucks that Jack dies, but in reality, would the movie have had such a large impact if he hadn't? I was getting sick of happily ever after anyways.
Lily Luna Potter
Lily Luna Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett December 30th 2010, 2:28 am

George Weasley wrote:I love Titanic.
Although, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person who's not mad at Rose for saying she'll never let go and then does. When I was younger, I was angry because I thought she meant literally, but when I saw it again and I was older I started to think she meant emotionally. She never does let him go emotionally and mentally because she takes on his name and doesn't marry anyone else. She even drops the necklace into the ocean where the Titanic is beneath it and, obviously, where her one true love is.

So, she doesn't ever let him go in the bitter end.

And about the door, we studied it in physics and it wouldn't have held both of them above the water. His weight combined with her weight would have eventually caused the door to begin to submerge and eventually they both would be going under the water. We couldn't get complete accurate measurements of the door, so it's all hypothetical, but it was an experiment we did and everyone came up with the same type of result.

In the end, I love the movie and I adore the ending. I know it sucks that Jack dies, but in reality, would the movie have had such a large impact if he hadn't? I was getting sick of happily ever after anyways.

I agree with all that! Except that I'm pretty sure they said she did end up marrying, she just took on his name until that point. I think her taking his name was how she honoured his memory and kept him close to her- while she was living under his name she was doing all the things they said they'd do, and was basically free like she'd wanted to be/he'd inspired her to be.
It did piss me off when she threw the necklace overboard though - OMG! That poor guy was looking for it for so effing long! And if you don't sympathize with that, then at least she could've respected the cultural and historical value of it as an artifact!!!
It's a pet peeve. >.>
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse St. James December 31st 2010, 12:47 am

I don't get mad either. She didn't let go and yeah...You people summed it all up. XD

Is it weird that I prefer the story of the boat and everyone else on it over the love story bit?
Like...My favorite parts are with the quartet playing as the boat sinks, when the Captain goes down with his ship, and when the creator of the Titanic sets the clock to the time it was when he knew he was going to die because he wants to go down with his ship...
I'm weird. <.<

Jesse St. James
Jesse St. James

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett December 31st 2010, 12:55 am

I LOVE when Mr. Andrews fixes the time!

And the dude and his valet who just dress up in their tuxes and take a seat, and just want a brandy. That guy is awesome.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse St. James December 31st 2010, 1:02 am

YES
HAHAHAHA
And his face when he sees the water coming towards him is like O.O

BUITESLKES
THE TIME PART
IDK why but it's one of my favorite parts >.>