Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Miserable Mistletoe

3 posters

Go down

The Miserable Mistletoe Empty The Miserable Mistletoe

Post  Remus Lupin December 30th 2010, 7:34 pm

The sad, tragic story about the Mistletoe who failed. Original story by Mya and Amethyst, rewritten in full length by Amethyst. Enjoy! *hands some tissues just in case*

Ah, the Christmas holidays! The best time to be mistletoe. Especially magical mistletoe. For most mistletoe it's not as fun, because they are forever stuck, hanging in one place, above one single doorway, for most of the holiday, but not Hogwarts' mistletoe. Hogwarts' mistletoe is magical and allowed to roam wherever it darn well pleases, which makes the holidays much more enjoyable.
Mistletoe A was the best of them all. It always managed to get the most amount of students every holiday. The other mistletoe were quite jealous and always tried to beat it - never winning of course, because Mistletoe A never ever failed.
In the afternoon of this fine, chilly Christmas day, Mistletoe A was making its rounds when it decided to make a detour and stop into one of the school's houses. It liked the red and gold one the best because those were great colors to be decorated with on Christmas - they matched the ribbon tied around Mistletoe A's top. There were quite a few people in here and it couldn't decide who to go after first.
Zooming over to the nearest people, Mistletoe A looked down, preparing to yell out merrily that the unlucky (or lucky, if they considered it so) couple would have to pucker up...
But, ALAS! The two people were already snogging, quite happily as well, in fact. Mistletoe A couldn't get anyone to snog as much as those two were already doing so. Heartbroken at its failure, Mistletoe A fled from the room.
Mistletoes B, C, and D were chilling in the air above the entrance to the Great Hall when Mistletoe A came around. Seeing their fellow Mistletoe's saddened state, they clustered around, asking what was wrong, hoping to cheer it up. They became quite shocked when they heard about Mistletoe A's first ever failed attempt to snare two unsuspecting students. Not wanting to upset their friend even more, they consoled it, telling it that it wouldn't get the appreciation it deserves from those two students anyway.
Eventually, feeling much better about itself, Mistletoe A decided to relax for the rest of the day and then continue with its job the next day.
Zooming about the school the next day, humming merrily to itself, Mistletoe A came across a door it had never seen before and, curious, entered it. Happy to find two guys in the room, it sneakily made it's way over. After all, it looked like they were just talking for now. Opening it's leafy mouth wide, sucking in a big gulp of air to shout out merrily at the top of its lungs, Mistletoe A froze when the two, still oblivious to the mistletoe hanging above their heads, started snogging before it had even said anything!
Absolutely heartbroken at its second failed attempt in two days, Mistletoe A again fled from the room, escaping to the room where all the other Mistletoe were hanging out.
Ignoring their cries of 'what's wrong?', the sorrow filled Mistletoe A took one look at the burning fireplace and jumped in.
Oh the pain, the agony! The fiery flames ate at Mistletoe A's leafy twigs; the other Mistletoe hearing it scream in pain as it was reduced to nothing but ash. In the end, the only thing left of Mistletoe A's existence was the red and gold ribbon that had been tied around its top. It fluttered out of the fireplace to land on the floor.
The other mistletoe hung in the air, transfixed in horror by what they had just witnessed. They decided to have a funeral for it, but didn't worry about a burial because Mistletoe A had already cremated itself and they didn't really have hands to scoop the ashes up with anyway.
It was a sad holiday for all of them, but at least they saved money since they didn't have to pay for its cremation.

The end.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

The Miserable Mistletoe Empty Re: The Miserable Mistletoe

Post  Molly Prewett December 31st 2010, 12:21 am

That....
I have no words.
That was brilliant.

Poor Mistletoe A.

I love you so much - like, even more than usual right now, which I didn't even know was possible, considering you're one of my favourite people in the whole effing world. <3
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest December 31st 2010, 12:37 am

... I want to ask, but I also don't, because it's brilliant and I don't even understand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin December 31st 2010, 12:54 am

XD The funny thing is that I don't remember writing half of it cause I had just taken meds and was super sleepy.
I love you lots, Mya!!!!!!

Eowyn, Mya and I were making side comments in the 'Christmas Dinner' thread and somehow we just sort of came up with it. So I said I'd write a little story about it. It is...pretty strange. Haha.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett December 31st 2010, 12:57 am

Bahahahahaha that is hilarious!
*loves you so much*

Poor Mistletoe A- rendered obsolete by the power of Mosley snogging.
*plays funeral march*
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 31st 2010, 8:56 am

This. Is. Amazing.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down