Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfstar AU that has no title...yet.

2 posters

Go down

Wolfstar AU that has no title...yet. Empty Wolfstar AU that has no title...yet.

Post  Remus Lupin January 12th 2011, 1:16 pm

A cup fell over, its contents making a small puddle on the solid surface, then rolled over the edge to the floor with a clunk as the small boy’s body hit the counter. The boy whimpered softly, feeling a sharp pain on his forehead from where it had hit the counter’s edge.

An older man advanced upon the cowering child, rage written across his sharp features, the smell of alcohol wrapped around him like a blanket. Grabbing the boy’s arm, the man yanked him up, roughly steering him towards the front door. “You can’t do anything right, can you? I think someone needs to spend some time outside for a bit.”

“But it’s cold!” The boy protested, struggling against the adult’s grip. His protests were met with another rough yank and a shove out the door into the frigid winter air.

“Maybe you should have thought about that before pissing me off. Don’t even think about knocking on this door for an hour. I won’t let you in, no matter how much you call with that whiny, annoying voice of yours.” And with that the front door slammed shut, leaving the boy standing on the front porch, shivering in nothing but a long sleeved shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

He didn’t cry. He never did anymore, except for the few rare occasions when he was alone lying in bed after a particularly bad night and the sense of despair had reached the point of being too much to handle. There was no point. Tears would not get him anywhere, especially not with his stepfather.

His stepfather. God, how he hated that man. He wondered if there were any other ten year olds out there that hated one of their parents as much as he hated his stepfather.

Now what was he supposed to do? He could not just stand outside on the front porch for over an hour – probably more than one because the man generally fell asleep around this time and usually forgot about him when he tossed him outside as punishment.

He wasn’t going to go to the neighbors. No. They would call the cops – he knew they were beginning to have their suspicions about his stepfather, who wouldn’t when a boy who generally liked to spend his time sitting about with his nose buried in a book ended up with constant unexplainable bruises?

Wrapping his arms tightly around his small, thin body, the boy made his way down the front path and started down the sidewalk. Maybe taking a walk would help pass the time and keep him semi-warm.

Fifteen minutes later, his head hurt from the constant chattering of his teeth, and his body ached from the shivers that wracked his body thanks to the freezing air. Feeling slightly dizzy, he made it to the park and sat down on one of the benches, trying to keep his eyes open.

He was having so much trouble concentrating that he didn’t even notice when someone walked over until the person was right in front of him.

“Well, you look like quite the mess, don’t you?” He looked up to see a boy, seemingly only a bit older than he was, staring down at him. The boy was wearing a heavy leather jacket that hung almost to his knees and was entirely too big for him, and had a concerned expression on his face. “What the hell happened to your head?”

“My head?” He asked, confused. Black spots were starting to form at the edges of his vision.

“Yeah, there’s blood...woah, dude, are you going to make it?” The other boy reached out and placed a steadying hand on his shoulder.

Blood? Why would there be- oh, right, his head had hit the edge of the counter. He’d probably just been too cold to notice any blood sliding down the side of his face. Well that just sucked. No wonder he was feeling so faint. “I’ll be fine...” he shrunk quickly away from the boy’s hand on his shoulder, afraid of the contact. No physical contact he’d ever had was good, except for when his mother had still been alive and had given him the occasional hug or two...

The other boy snorted in disbelief, shaking his head. “Yeah right. You’re sitting here, in freezing weather might I add, in hardly anything and there’s blood freezing down the side of your face. You’re going to get sick or something and probably faint. You’re not going to be okay unless you get help. I can’t carry you and obviously you’re not okay with me touching you so you’re going to have to keep yourself together until I get you somewhere you can get help. Come on.” The boy beckoned for him to get up and follow.

He bit his lip nervously, not sure whether to trust this kid or not. What the other boy was saying was true – he needed to get help or he might not make it. This sucked. The black spots were threatening to cloud his vision. Alright, he would follow the kid to at least get help, but then he’d leave again. He’d learned far too often that letting someone treat you kindly only backfired later on when their kindness turned to anger. He stood, tilting from the sudden rush of dizziness that clouded his head. Ignoring the other boy’s worried looks, keeping his own gaze strictly at the other boy’s moving feet; he slowly followed him to wherever their destination was.

The other boy led him out of the snow covered park and down the street till they reached an old black gate, which was practically hidden by huge gnarly bushes. Opening the gate, the boy let him through first before following closely after and shutting the gate behind them. In front of them stood a huge old mansion that looked like its exterior hadn’t been taking care of in a long while. Paint was chipping, some shingles were hanging loose, leaves clogged drainage pipes, and the list of problems could go on. He’d remembered passing this old place before but had never taken the time to stop and give it a good look.

“You live here?” He wondered if the inside was as decrepit looking as the outside. While they were paused, he leaned against the fence, trying to keep himself up and coherent.

“Not really. It’s my grandparent’s place. Mum and dad are on vacation so I had to stay here for a week. Nothing against this town, but I much prefer the city. Now come on, let’s get you inside.” The other boy continued on to the large, old front door, occasionally looking back to make sure he was still being followed and that his guest hadn’t collapsed or anything on the path.

They reached the front door and the other boy turned the knob, glad to find it unlocked. Opening it, he went in, waiting for the smaller boy to come in before shutting the door.

After seeing the run down exterior, he wasn’t prepared for the extravagance of the interior. The entrance hall was carpeted, a chandelier hung from the high ceiling, and a vase filled with deep red roses sat upon a small, old oak table along the wall. Everything looked neat and orderly, like the pictures you might see in a magazine of perfect homes. It was nothing compared to his own house, which was hardly kept orderly no matter how he tried to keep it so. His stepfather had a habit of being really messy then complaining that his useless stepson couldn’t be bothered to even try cleaning up the damn house. How frustrating.

“Come this way...” The other boy called, beckoning with a finger. He led them into a second room, a living room just as extravagant as the entrance hall only more so and with a piano tucked neatly into the one corner, sheet music spread all over its top. “Sit.” The taller boy pointed to a couch near the fireplace. The smaller boy did as he was told quickly – used to being berated if he didn’t. Eyebrow raised, the other boy turned and left the room, muttering something about ‘being right back’.

The small fire that was burning merrily in the fireplace had the smaller boy warming up in no time. He started to panic slightly when it took more than five minutes for the slightly older boy to return. It was uncomfortable being left alone in a stranger’s house. And then there was the fact that, yes, this boy he had followed here was indeed a stranger.

He wanted to get out of here now. Maybe he could leave a note or something. Before he could work up the courage to leave though, the taller boy returned, a white plastic box carried under his arm and a glass of water in his other hand. “Here we go. Let’s get you all fixed up now. Drink this.” He commanded, handing over the glass of water as he opened the white box and started pulling things out.

The younger boy obeyed, drinking the water as he watched the various items – band aids, healing ointment, etc. – getting pulled out of the box. The older boy had a damp cloth with him as well which now he held up with a mirror.

“So, can I help clean the blood off or would you like to do it yourself?”

Still nervous at the thought of someone touching him, the younger boy reached for the damp cloth and mirror, quickly rubbing the dried blood off his face. He hissed in pain as he accidentally ran the cloth over the original cut and fresh drops of blood beaded to the surface.

“Oh no, here...” The older boy handed over a big band aid and healing ointment to go with it. “Don’t worry about getting blood on the cloth. It’s old and grandmother won’t mind.”

In no time at all, the smaller boy had cleaned up his cut and had a band aid over it and was now sitting there tugging nervously at his sleeves, hoping the other boy wouldn’t ask him any questions and would just let him go. No such luck of course.

“So...I don’t want to be nosy or anything, but what exactly were you thinking going outside dressed like that and how the hell did you get that nasty cut?” The older boy had cleaned everything up and was sitting in a comfy chair across from the other boy.

“It was just an accident...and I forgot my coat.” It really wasn’t a very believable excuse, and he could see it in the older boy’s eyes that he didn’t for one second believe it.

“Sure...okay. I’m not going to pressure you into telling me anything, but, honestly, if someone did that to you then you should tell someone. It’ll only get worse if you don’t.”

“No one did this to me. It was an accident, I swear.” Change the topic change the topic... “That’s a nice piano, do you play?”
“Nah, my grandfather does though.” The older boy said nothing about the obvious act of changing the topic – he could tell there was something more than just an accident going on here, but he wasn’t going to pry too much and scare the boy away. He had to admit though, he was curious. The younger boy intrigued him. “Do you play?”

“A little.” The smaller boy replied, looking down at the light tan carpet. “My mum used to teach me before she passed away...” Too much. He couldn’t keep letting this boy, this stranger, find out things about him.

A clock chimed somewhere in the house and he looked up, wide eyed and panicked. “Oh no, oh no oh no oh no...What time is it? I have to go...I have to be back. Oh man, he’s going to kill me...er, I mean, not literally kill me, he’ll just be really angry...” Actually, for all he knew his stepfather could actually get angry enough to kill him someday. Not good to think about. “Oh no....” He leapt to his feet, ignoring the dizzying rush as he made for the doorway, afraid to make any sort of eye contact with the older boy who was currently giving him a very confused and concerned look. “Thanks for helping me out...you really didn’t have to, I’m sorry to have been such a bother. Now I really have to go-“

“Wait.” The older boy interrupted him as he got up from the couch and went over to grab the leather jacket he’d been wearing earlier. “It’s huge, I know – it belonged to my uncle – but take it. It’s freezing out there and I don’t want you to catch pneumonia or something.”

The smaller boy felt heat creep up his neck to his face as he shook his head. “Oh no, I couldn’t do that. I’ll be fine, I swear-“

“Take it.” The taller boy repeated sternly, practically shoving the jacket into the younger boy’s arms which resulted in the younger boy letting out a terrified squeak. “Who knows, maybe we’ll see each other again some day and you can return it. For now just keep it. See you around.”

“Thank you...” The younger boy spoke in a quiet voice as he slipped on the leather jacket, which was indeed way too big for him. It was warm though and he appreciated the kind gesture, which was making it hard for him to keep his composure – he wasn’t used to such kindness. “I hope we see each other again...bye.”

It wasn’t till he’d gotten outside and past the old gate that he realized he had never asked the older boy what his name was.

By the time he reached home it was starting to snow again. Tugging the openings of the leather jacket closed tightly around him, he tentatively knocked on the front door. After a few minutes of no answering, he tried turning the doorknob. It turned easily in his tiny hand and, shaking not just from the cold but with nerves as well, he peeked around the door into the darkened living room. No one. His stepfather must have gone upstairs to sleep at some point while he was away. Well, that was just fine with him.

He slipped into the living room, closing the front door quietly behind him. Then he made his way down the short hallway to his tiny bedroom, careful to be as quiet as possible. Once safely in his room, he hung the leather jacket up in his closet. He wondered if the short interaction he’d had with the older boy was good enough to consider them friends now. He’d never had a friend before. Though he guessed it was kind of pointless considering he’d probably never see the other boy ever again. Well, he’d keep the leather jacket with him forever, just in case. Lying down to sleep, he closed his eyes and prayed that things would get better.

The next morning it was like someone had answered his prayer – though in a very sick, unfortunate sort of way.

Making it till two in the afternoon and still seeing no sign of his stepfather awake and moving, he’d snuck into his stepfather’s room. Panic settled in his stomach like a block of ice as he saw no sign of movement, no sign of his stepfather’s chest rising and falling with each passing breath.

He had no choice. The cops were called. His stepfather was pronounced dead - over drinking and over dosing was the apparent cause.

The truth came out. The neighbors weren't surprised at all - after all, they had suspected it.

This just angered him. If people suspected then why didn't they say anything?

Yet he said not a word, just went nice and quietly to the foster house. Because that was what was expected of him, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay. That's the end of the prologue. *snoozes*
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Wolfstar AU that has no title...yet. Empty Re: Wolfstar AU that has no title...yet.

Post  Remus Lupin January 12th 2011, 1:18 pm

The non-italicized words can be combined to make their own sentence...that was kind of what I was trying to convey by having them like that. *doesn't know how else to explain it*
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Wolfstar AU that has no title...yet. Empty Re: Wolfstar AU that has no title...yet.

Post  Guest January 14th 2011, 10:58 pm

You were right to warn me about this bb, lmao. My inner Sirius is in a rage, but I love it so far!

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 16th 2011, 8:52 pm

Part 1.

A loud slam quickly brought him back to waking consciousness. Remus Lupin’s eyes flew open and he had to resist the sudden urge to duck and cower under his desk.

“Damn it, Lupin. Class time is not sleeping time, especially when you’re in mine.”

“Sorry, Mr. Russell...” Remus mumbled, rubbing his tired eyes as his History professor picked up the heavy textbook he’d slammed on Remus’ desk and headed back up to the front of the room.

Why can’t I keep my freaking eyes open? Never should have let Peter convince me to watch movies with his friends till one this morning.

The rest of the class passed him by in a hazy blur as he drifted in and out of focus, his thoughts solely focused on the warm bed that would greet him as soon as he returned to the apartment he shared with his friend. He almost missed the assignment but caught it at the last second and quickly jotted it down in his green notebook.

As he was heading towards the door at the end of class, face pointed down towards the floor as he walked – just like he always did – a hand rested on his shoulder, halting him. “Lupin, may I have a word?”

Instinctively, Remus jerked away from the hand, feeling foolish afterward because he knew his professor hadn’t meant anything by it – though there had been a time when a gesture like that had meant bad things were going to happen. “If this is about me falling asleep, I’m really sorry about that.”

“Well, yes, it is about that. You’re a bright boy, Remus. You’re smarter than over half the kids in your graduating class. So one would think that you’d know how important it is to get a proper night’s sleep.”

God, he hated that disappointed tone of voice. It made him feel stupid, useless, small... Remus didn’t want to disappoint anyone, not anymore. And he most certainly didn’t want to feel like he was letting anyone down. He had to keep trying to make sure he did everything as perfectly as he could. It made everyone happy and that was good, right?

“I’m sorry, sir. I’ll be going right to bed after study group tonight. I swear.” He felt like a child, a child answering to a disappointed parent. His face was lowered to the ground in shame again.

Mr. Russell seemed to feel like he had said enough for now and gestured to the door before starting to gather his papers together. “Good. Get some rest so you don’t have to do so during class. You can go now. See you next Tuesday.”

Remus silently waved goodbye and slipped out the door.

Henrick Hall was three floors tall and held a mix between history and math courses at the university Remus currently attended. His history class with Mr. Russell was on the third floor, but it only took him about a minute to exit the building. Heading off of main campus and down the main street, Remus quickly made his way back to his shared apartment.

Halfway there, a girl’s voice called out to him by name. Turning in recognition, Remus watched as a tall, red haired girl jogged over to meet him. She had a school bag hanging off one shoulder and was wearing a warm jacket. “Hey, Lily.” He smiled warmly at his best friend.

Lily Evans grinned, her pale, lightly freckled face slightly pink from the chilly air. “Hi, Remus! Aren’t you cold? I had to break out the jacket today. Are your classes over for the day?” Lily was in a good mood; Remus could only wonder why.

“I’m fine right now.” He shrugged, shifting his own bag more comfortably upon his shoulder. “And yeah, my classes are done for the day, thank goodness, and now I have the weekend to relax and study. You’re in a good mood.” He comments, trying to stifle a yawn.

“That’s because Kingsley’s birthday is this weekend and he’s having a party tomorrow night at the bar downtown. Now I know I’m not the type to just go and party all wild and crazy-like, but this is kind of a special occasion, he is my boyfriend, and I haven’t really gotten to relax and just enjoy myself in a while, so I figure I’ll let myself have some fun. Which is why I’m in a good mood; I’m really looking forward to this.” Lily tossed some red hair over her shoulders and followed Remus as they both made their way towards the apartments. Lily shared one with a few of her friends in the same building as Remus and Peter – theirs were right across from each other’s actually. “So...think you might be brave enough to come over for a bit? You know no one’s going to pressure you to drink.” Lily spoke softly, reassuringly. She knew how Remus felt about drinking. In fact, she knew quite a bit about Remus and was one of only a few people who did. They had been friends since middle school – Lily befriending him when he had shown up as a new student and was too scared to try and make friends himself. Remus had been more than happy when he had found out that Lily was planning on attending the same university as him – both of them wanting to attend the school mainly for its outstanding academics and high expectations. There was a lot of trust between the two of them and Lily worked very hard to try and help Remus break out of his shell a bit more and more as they grew up together. It wasn’t an easy task and she understood why. She just wished that she could erase Remus’ messed up childhood so he could have a happy, fun filled life instead of wandering about cowering from every loud sound or voice he heard, afraid that someone might suddenly decide to take their anger out on him.

Remus shuffled uneasily, shrugging. “Maybe I’ll try... Isn’t Kingsley on the football team?” If that was true then Remus could only guess what sort of guys were going to be at the party. Bigger, stronger, louder, confident guys who never failed to terrify smaller guys like Remus.

“Well, yes, he is. He’s their star player...oh, Remus, I know what you’re thinking and worrying about.” They had reached the top of the staircase that ended on their floor and were standing off to the side in case anyone else walked by. Lily tentatively reached out and placed a light hand on Remus’ small shoulder. Remus almost jerked away, but restrained himself – this was Lily after all; his best friend. He felt safe with her. The sudden movement to try and remove his self from contact was involuntary – he could not control it. “You can stick close to me if you’d like, and I’ll gladly tell the guys to leave you alone. Just think about it, okay?”

“Alright, I guess-“

“OI, EVANS!” Remus’ reply was cut off by a loud shout. A few loud steps followed soon behind and up the stairs, bounding into view, was a tall, skinny guy, carelessly swinging a tennis racket about. “I hear you’re dating one Kingsley Shacklebolt. What ever possessed you to date that brick wall? Sheesh, and I can’t even get one date out of ya.”

Lily’s calm, happy, reassuring expression for Remus had turned into an annoyed, angered expression. She folded her arms across her chest as she turned to stare stonily at the newcomer. “And honestly, why would you when you have an attitude like that? Besides, it’s really none of your business who I date and for what reason. So why don’t you just leave me to my conversation with-“ Lily turned and realized that Remus was no longer standing there. “Well, that’s just great. You scared poor Remus off.” She gave him a very angry look.

James Potter blinked and returned Lily’s angry look with a confused one. “I don’t see how that’s my fault. Come on, Evans,” he returned to his normal routine of begging, “why can’t I just get one date with you? Just ONE. I mean, seriously, you don’t even give me a chance!”

“Why should I give you a chance, Potter? Why?” Lily glared, wondering if she should just turn and leave. Her room was just two doors down the hall, after all. She was in too good a mood to let the rest of her day be spoiled by James Potter. “You shouldn’t deserve any chances at all, especially not after what you did to Severus.”

“Are you still mad about that?” James scoffed. “Sorry, but he totally had it coming for him. Besides, it’s not like he didn’t do anything bad either. You were there-“

“YES. I was.” Lily snapped, pulling her keys out and heading for her apartment’s door. “Thanks for reminding me about it, not to mention reminding me what jerks you and your friends are.”

James, noticing that Lily was heading for her apartment door, zipped over and leaned against the door, blocking her way. Lily gave him her most evilest glare - the one she generally saved just for him. "I swear to god, Potter. You better remove yourself from my presence before I hit you again. Though you must enjoy that considering you're constantly putting yourself in a position that causes me to do so."

"Means you're paying attention to me, Evans." James shrugged, running a hand through his ever messy dark hair. He really didn't enjoy being slapped all the time, but he did enjoy it when Lily was paying even the slightest attention to him - no matter if she was angry or not. "Look, I have to go - tennis practice and all - but I was wondering if you'd agree to spend maybe just a few minutes with me and some friends at Shacklebolt's party this weekend. Just to say hi and all. A friend of mine from back home is coming to visit and he wants to meet you."

"Oh really? Let me guess, you rambled to him about me so much that he agreed to wanting to meet me just so you'd shut up?" Lily sighed, wondering if James would ever just give up. Ever since they had started college he had constantly been following her around begging for even just one date. She had made it quite obvious time and time again how not interested she was. Especially after he and his friends had lost her her best friend.

"Kind of...except I still ramble to him about you. Please say yes? I swear it'll only have to be for a few minutes."

Lily detested that pleading expression he always gave her. She couldn't explain why it bothered her so much...it just did. "Maybe. If it'll get you to stop whining so much and finally leave me alone. And if -IF- I do, you better be on your best behavior because I told Remus he could hang out with me since he doesn't really like these types of parties and I don't want you and your friends traumatizing him."

James never understood why Lily hung out with that Remus fellow so much. He was so...awkward sometimes. And he was really jumpy. James remembered the one time that he and his friends were horsing around in the dining hall and were being really loud right near Lupin's table. James had definitely spotted the smaller guy almost ducking under the table. What an oddball. He wasn't going to comment on Remus in front of Lily though - that obviously wouldn't help him convince her he could behave well enough so she'd spend time with him and his friends, right? "Sure, I'll tell everyone to behave themselves. Can't say much for Sirius though - he's quite free spirited and hardly containable. See you later, Evans. I'm gonna be late." James winked at her then swung his tennis racket up to rest on his shoulder before hurrying off.

Lily sighed, hoping she'd be able to avoid Potter and his friends during the party. She honestly had no intention of hanging out with them, especially if Remus agreed to come along. Speaking of Remus...Lily turned and bit her lip, wondering if she should knock on her best friend's door and see if he was alright. He had disappeared rather quickly after Potter had showed up. After a quick debate with herself, Lily moved across the hall and knocked softly on Remus' door. No one answered. After waiting a few minutes, she sighed, smiling sadly to herself. There was still a long way to go to help her friend break out of his shell and get over his nervousness. She bet he was standing just on the other side of the door, listening and waiting for whoever it was on the other side to walk off. "Hey, Rem? It's Lils." Lily spoke softly, loud enough that she knew he'd be able to hear but not too loud. "You really don't have to come to the party if you don't want too, but give it some thought, alright? I know you don't want to live like this forever, but it's going to take effort on your part as well if you want to stop being this way." She knew he wouldn't take that as an insult - not when she said it anyway, she was absolutely sincere and just stating the truth. "Let me know if you'd like to go, okay? We'll walk over together so you don't have to go by yourself. Love you." She turned and headed back over to enter her own apartment.

Remus had indeed been standing right on the other side of the door. He had panicked slightly when James had shown up. Hearing Potter's annoyed voice had scared him and his first instinct had been to retreat. He felt bad for not saying bye to Lily though. And now, after hearing her talk to him through the door, using their nicknames for each other, he felt like he might just let her down if he didn't go to Kingsley's party.

So I guess I'm going to that party...well, I won't have to stay the whole time. I'll just show up, wish Kingsley happy birthday and then find some way to escape before things get too rowdy. Yeah...okay. You can do this, Lupin.

Leaving his homework untouched on the apartment's tiny kitchen table, Remus crawled into bed and immediately drifted off to sleep.

Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 17th 2011, 12:27 am

MORE. WRITE MORE. *stares and glares*

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 17th 2011, 1:24 am

AH Yes ma'am!!! *flails*
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova January 19th 2011, 2:14 pm

Part 2.

“-ey...hey...hello? Are you going to wake up anytime soon?”

A soft, whiny sounding voice was calling to him, bringing him out of his deep slumber. Remus groaned, opening his eyes and wincing at the sunlight that poured in through his window. “Damn it, Pete. I’m trying to sleep...”

Peter Pettigrew sat down on the bottom of his friend’s bed, barely missing his feet. “Sorry, it’s just...well, it’s two in the afternoon and I know you hate sleeping the day away. So consider me doing you a favor. Anyway, are you going to Kingsley’s party tonight? Everyone’s talking about it...I didn’t really get invited so I figured if you weren’t going then we could hang out with some of my group...”

Remus had closed his eyes again, hoping to block out the brightness of the room – it wasn’t working. And he could not believe he had slept till two in the afternoon. How the hell had he managed that? “Sorry, Pete, but Lily wants me to come along with her so I told her I would.” Actually Remus had not yet told her he would go, but he really didn’t want to hang out with Pete and his friends. If it was just Peter it wouldn’t be so bad, but with Peter’s friends too...then it was just uncomfortable. Peter and his small group of friends were all pretty much videogame nerds who spent all their time devising strategies and plans on how to beat the next boss or how get through such and such level. Remus hardly understood a word they said half the time. He didn’t like it either when they came over because they were so loud and were very messy.

“Well...that’s fun.” Peter’s expression did not agree with that statement though. “You two are close, aren’t you? Too bad she’s dating Kingsley – I bet you’d have a good chance with her if you tried.”

Remus blinked in surprise at Peter’s suggestion. “What? Pete, how long have you known me?”

“Since freshman year, why?” Peter looked confused.

“You should know by now that I really have no interest in dating. I can hardly even say hi to a girl, let alone ask one out. And definitely not Lily. We’ve been friends since middle school and she’s like a sister to me.” He could never see Lily as more than his best friend. Silly Peter for suggesting something like that.

“Oh,” Peter shrugged, “well, I was just pointing it out. Anyway, I’ll let you to it then. I’m going to go over to Marietta’s apartment; we’re all meeting there for a Grand Theft Auto game night. If you change your mind you’re welcome to come join us. See ya!” And with that, Peter got up and left Remus’ room, shutting the door behind him.

Sometimes Remus wondered if Peter knew him at all – which he should considering they had been sharing an apartment together for two years. Peter always seemed to forget that Remus did not really like video games or hanging out with big groups of people.

Remus waited till he heard their apartment door slam shut to get up. Searching though his school bag he found his phone. There were two new text messages. One said it was from ‘Lils’ and the other ‘Jack’. Remus about dropped his phone in surprise. He had not heard from Jack in over two years. Jack was another one of his few close friends. He had graduated high school and the same day had left for France. It was for some study abroad experience. He must have been having fun because he had not written or communicated with either Remus or Lily since then. Remus checked the message from Lily first.

Hey, Rem. Hope you’re feeling better. Did you do any thinking about going to the party? - Lils

Remus sent a quick reply of ‘Hey, Lils. I’ll go to the party with you. Love, Rem’.

Jack’s text was nagging at him but he was not sure whether he wanted to check it yet or if he was too scared to. What would it say? Had Jack sent one to Lily too? Was it good news or bad?

Remus decided to let it sit for now while he went to take a shower. Twenty minutes later he was done and was dressed. Not used to going to these types of parties he was unsure of what to wear. So he had just settled on black pants and a grey sweater. Simple enough, though he was slightly uncomfortable with how tight the sweater was; Remus was not exactly the type to blatantly show off his fit body. He worked out for himself and ate well, preferring to be healthy and fit. It was one thing that made him feel good about himself, that and his academic accomplishments.

Pushing up his sleeves, Remus went into the apartment’s tiny kitchen and set to work cleaning. He liked things nice and neatly organized but unfortunately his roommate did not. So Remus had just told Peter not to bother, that he would take care of all the cleaning. It did not bother him since he liked doing it so much. While wiping off the table, his phone caught his eye. It was lying on the counter where he had just left it. Sighing to himself he finished cleaning up the kitchen and grabbed his phone, heading into the small living room. Sitting down on the couch, he opened his phone. There was another message from Jack now. He looked at the earlier one first.

HEY, REMUS. HEY. GUESS WHO’S COMING BACK HOME? ME, THAT’S WHO. Save some time for me, alright? I want to see you and Lils again.

Remus’ hands shook as he read the text than reread it a second time...and a third...and a fourth. Jack was coming back home? To say he was excited about it was an understatement. Remus had missed Jack more than he had let on, for reasons he wasn’t even sure about. Now he checked the second message that had been sent only minutes ago while Remus had been cleaning.

HEY. DID I SCARE YOU OR SOMETHING? SORRY. IT’S BEEN A WHILE. NO HARD FEELINGS RIGHT? I GUESS I SHOULD STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS. There. Is that better? Anyway, I’ll be home the day after tomorrow and I’ll drive on over to your college to visit. I promise I won’t sneak attack you, but don’t expect to not get a hug at all. I’ve missed you too much. Lils won’t get off as easy though. I’m going to scare her so badly her face is going to turn bright red. Don’t tell her I’m coming back yet, alright? OH, THIS WAS LONG. SORRY. BYE, LOVE YOU!

Remus laughed, shaking his head. Jack did enjoy scaring Lily too much. He had used to do so all the time back in high school. Scaring Remus had only happened once and then Jack had learned his lesson. Remus would not speak to him for three weeks and had been so terrified that it would have been longer had Lily not convinced him that Jack was really an okay guy and wouldn’t come after him wearing a Pinhead mask anymore. That was an incident Remus had been trying to erase from his mind for ages.

He quickly texted a reply back and sent it.

Hey, yourself! It’s been two years. Honestly, Jack. This is me giving you a very disapproving look. I’ve missed you a lot. Lils has too, I’ll bet. You better visit, and definitely no sneak attacks. Last time I almost had a heart attack. I’m done with classes on Monday by 2pm and Lils is done by 5:30, so just let me know when you’ll want to hang out. See you soon!

Almost just as quickly a text was sent back in response.

I know, I know. Don’t give me that look, Rem. No sneak attacks towards you, I promise. I’ll be there right at 2 so we can spend as much time together as possible.

Remus was kind of surprised by how much he was looking forward to seeing his friend again. Of course he would be – it had been two years after all – but it couldn’t just be the thought of seeing Jack again that had his stomach feeling all fluttery like this, could it? Sometimes Remus just did not understand himself. He sent a quick reply, wishing it was Monday already.

Look for apartment building C, room 218, second floor. The buildings are clearly labeled so it shouldn’t be too hard for you to find. Looking forward to seeing you again!

And now what was he going to do? Kingsley’s party started at the bar around eight and it was currently only close to four. He ran a hand through his honey blond colored hair, sighing out loud. His hand brushed over the short scar on his forehead that was normally covered by hair. Just seeing the scar brought back so many memories, all of which he did not want to think about – all except for one that is. His gaze went towards the coat rack where an old leather jacket hung neatly next to his other winter coat. It was still a bit big on him, but he had grown enough now that it fit much better than it had used to. All these years he had kept it, wearing it every winter on occasion in hopes that he would one day run into that boy who had helped him all those years ago. So far he had had no luck. Remus would not give up though. Someday he would find the other boy.

A knock sounded on the apartment door and he jumped, tensing up. “Rem? Remmmm? It’s me, Lils. Just wanted to see if you might want to go to dinner and hang out for a while before heading over to the party.”

Remus relaxed when he heard Lily’s voice coming through the door. He hated being so jumpy and nervous all the time. There was so much to blame for it – his stepfather, the foster homes, the lack of proper counseling, himself... – Remus was thankful that Lily was taking the time and putting in the effort to help him, yet it made him feel worse sometimes because every time he hid from something, every time he froze in fear or ran, he felt like he was failing her. And one of the things he hated the most was failing people.

He went over to open the door, letting her come inside. “Hey, Lils. I’d love to have dinner and hang out for a bit.” He also really wanted to tell her about Jack’s texts but it was supposed to remain a surprise for her, right? He was not going to let Jack down either.

“You can’t go out in just that though, you’ll freeze. It’s gotten so cold out today.” Lily was wearing light blue jeans and a pretty purple sweater, with a warm black jacket over top.

Remus nods in agreement, turning to go grab his coat. “Hold on, I’ll grab my jacket.” Now was the big question – should he wear the leather jacket or his regular winter coat? Well, he hadn’t worn the leather jacket in a while so he might as well.

Lily grinned when he returned with the jacket on. “You look great, Rem. That jacket goes great with your outfit, just saying. Let’s go.” She smiled, linking her arm with his, but being careful not to startle him.

Remus had never told either Lily or Jack the significance of the leather jacket. It just seemed more of a private memory for him. Remus let Lily steer him along as they left the apartment buildings and headed down the main street. “So where are we going to eat?”

“I was thinking we’d just pick some place when we got down the street.” Lily shrugged, grinning. They stopped in front of a small diner and agreed that it looked like a good place to eat and hang for the next couple of hours till eight. The bar the party was at was only a few buildings away.

Remus was secretly hoping that time would just slow down for the next couple of hours. He was way too nervous about the party. Thank goodness he would have Lily with him.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 19th 2011, 7:59 pm

INNER SIRIUS DOES NOT LIKE THIS JACK FELLOW ANY MORE THAN HE DID ON THE PHONE LAST NIGHT.
<3

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 19th 2011, 10:42 pm

Hehe. *pats Sirius* Good thing I didn't tell him on the phone last night about some of the things I have planned for Jack.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 20th 2011, 12:56 am

now you have him panicking adjf;al

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 20th 2011, 1:02 am

He should be.
*blinks*
Hehe.
Well...maybe not that much.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 23rd 2011, 4:44 pm

Part 3.

Dinner went by too quickly. They were on their way over to the bar, their way lighted by streetlights since the sky had already darkened. Remus was inwardly panicking; he could already hear music spilling out of the doorway of the tall building ahead of them and see lights flashing through whenever someone entered or exited the door. This was not his sort of place to hang out, but he was not about to let Lily down when he knew she was trying so hard to get him out of his shell.

Lily, sensing her best friend’s silent panicking, linked her arm with his gently and continued on steering them towards the bar. “It’ll be okay, Rem. And you know you don’t have to stay the whole time if you don’t want. Just text me or something if you do leave early, that way I don’t have a heart attack thinking something bad happened to you.”

“I will, don’t worry.” The last thing he wanted to do was give Lily something else to worry about. Remus opened the door for Lily as they went in and followed her afterward, keeping as close as possible. He knew she would want to find Kingsley first so he tried to be helpful by looking around to see if he could spot the taller man. It was hard in such a crowded place, not to mention the fact that every time someone almost bumped into him or were shouting too loudly he wanted to crawl under a table and hide. Nah, he might not even be safe under a table. He wanted to just turn and run out the door and hide in his apartment.

Lily spotted her boyfriend first and waved enthusiastically, getting a ton of ‘hello’s and ‘hey’s in response by the crowd of football players that were circled around Kingsley Shacklebolt. She turned to Remus, grinning but also with a questioning look upon her face. “So, want to say hi with me?”

“Um...maybe I’ll just...wait here with our jackets?” Remus spots Kingsley watching and gives him a meek little wave. The taller man terrified him. Kingsley sometimes made him think of the tall giant that would grind people’s bones to make his bread. Remus had enough sense of self preservation that he would not go anywhere near a giant who might want to eat him.

“Alright.” Lily smiled softly. She did not want to put anymore pressure on her poor friend than what he was already probably feeling from just being here. Hopefully if Remus ended up having a fun time then it could help convince him to get out more often. Lily handed her jacket to Remus then headed over to join the crowd surrounding Kingsley.

Noticing an empty table next to where they had been standing, Remus set their jackets down and grabbed a chair, hoping that no one would try and talk to him.

……

Sirius Black had found his target. No, he had not known who his target would be when he first got to this lame party that his best friend had said would be awesome, but after scouring the room for the past hour he had caught sight of a red head girl leading a slightly taller brown haired guy into the party and Sirius was hooked. Things had looked like they had gotten even better when the red head slipped off to go kiss the tall, scary looking birthday boy, leaving the brown haired cutie alone at an empty table.

Of course then James had to come back from wherever he had run off to and Sirius had to redirect his attention. Ah well. He was technically here to visit his best friend, not constantly run off with hot chicks or hot guys – not that James knew about the hot guys’ part.

“I haven’t spotted Evans yet.” James whined. “Want to get something to drink?”

“Sure. I hope they have something good.” Sirius had been to crappy bars like this before – he generally preferred higher class bars – and these types never had much of anything great.

They made their way over to the counter. After getting their drinks, they were just turning around when James made a strange choking sound. Sirius gave his friend a curious look then turned to see why he was staring with such a peculiar look upon his face into the crowd.

The red head from earlier was making her way over, the brown haired boy following close behind. He looked nervous and jumpy. Sirius wondered if he just did not like these sorts of parties or if there was something else wrong. The guy looked like he wanted to hide under a table.

James was next to him, waving spastically. “Evans! Hey! So you did decide to come see me. I knew you liked me, if just a tiny bit.”

“As if, Potter.” Lily smirked, pausing in front of James and Sirius. “Remus and I were just coming over to get something to drink. Is this that friend of yours you were telling me about?”

“Well, you’re still talking to me so that’s a plus.” James smirked as well and then turned to introduce Sirius. “Yeah, this is-“

“Sirius Black.” Sirius interrupted, eyes still locked on the brown haired boy behind Lily who was trying to make his self invisible. Sirius turned his gaze to the red head and grinned. “I’ve heard all about you from James. Boy never shuts up about you really.” He ignores the smack on the arm James gives him. Lily did not look amused. “It’s nice to meet you and your friend.”

“Ugh, that’s JUST what I wanted to hear.” Lily rolled her eyes. “The next time Potter starts rambling nonsense that involves me just shut him up, won’t you? He should have learned by now that I have no interest in him whatsoever. I think we’ll be going now.” She did not have to look twice to know Remus was behind her nodding in agreement. She turned and walked off, Remus following behind.

“Wait, Ev- dang, she’s already gone.” James sighed loudly. “I swear, one day that girl is going to realize just how much she adores me.”

“Don’t lose hope, man. I think she does like you. Maybe she just acts like that because she doesn’t want to admit it.” Sirius explains, trying to reassure his friend. He was still looking towards the direction the two had left, hoping he could catch another glimpse of Remus. He did not know what it was, but something interested him about that guy. Well, he was going to be here for another couple of weeks. He would just have to go looking for him. James probably knew where he lived, right?

James drained his drink and ran a hand through his untidy hair. “Hey, the pool table’s open. Let’s go. You can try to beat me again and LOSE.”

“You just got lucky last time.” Sirius grinned and dragged his friend over to the pool table. “It’s my turn now.”

…..

Remus felt odd. It was not just because of being here anymore – thankfully they were leaving now – no, it had something to do with Sirius. He could tell Lily had not been all that thrilled at having run into James and his friend. Remus had not really cared and had planned on just staying out of the way, but he could not help noticing Sirius staring so intently at him - like he was trying to look through him. Remus had kept his gaze lowered – hardly ever able to make eye contact anyway – but he had had enough time to get a good look at James’ friend and for some reason Sirius Black looked oddly familiar. The taller, dark haired man reminded him of the boy from all those years ago, but it could not be him. Remus just did not believe it.

“Sorry about Potter. He’s insufferable sometimes, isn’t he?” Lily’s voice dragged Remus from his thoughts. “Well, more like all the time, but you know…anyway, it’s getting late and I’m sorry for keeping you here longer than I know you wanted to stay.”

“No, it’s alright, Lils.” Remus smiled reassuringly at Lily. “It wasn’t all that bad, honest.” He was not going to admit that on more than one occasion tonight he wanted to just run and hide under a table.

Not that he needed to, he knew Lily would have been able to tell.

“Oh, Remus, whatever am I going to do with you.” Lily smiled affectionately at him. “Let’s go. I told Kingsley we’re heading off. He says we should hang out sometime, you included, because he wants to meet you since you and I are such great friends.”

“Does he now?” Remus swallowed nervously. Hopefully Kingsley would eat before they all hung out so he would not get hungry during and decide Remus looked tasty.

“Don’t worry. He’ll be nice.” Lily grinned, picking up their jackets and handing Remus his. “He’s a really nice guy when you get to know him. Otherwise he seems just scary, I know. Ready?”

Remus nodded, more than ready to leave.

Sirius was watching the doorway, waiting for James to finish his turn, when he spotted Lily and Remus leaving. He blinked, eyes straining to get a better look at the leather jacket Remus was wearing. It looked oddly familiar. Where had he seen that before? Ah well, it didn’t matter. What did matter was that he was going to have to find that guy again soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah....I haven't really done any editing on this. *shrugs* Votever. Part 4's almost finished.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 24th 2011, 5:02 am

I LIKE. POST MORE.
Tired!Eowyn is direct and to the point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down