Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rachel's new directions. (Glee fanfic)

4 posters

Go down

Rachel's new directions. (Glee fanfic) Empty Rachel's new directions. (Glee fanfic)

Post  Sidney Fletcher January 27th 2011, 11:55 am

So, I'm writing a Glee fanfic and would love some reviews before I put it on FF.net to see if there is anything I need to change or add. Thanks. Smile

As Rachel walked into glee rehearsal, she saw Finn look at her quickly and then look in the other direction. “Too right he should.” She angrily mumbled to herself as she found the seat furthest away from him and occupied it. She wondered if he felt how she felt about the breakup. Sad, devastated and hurt. Then she thought of a brilliant idea. She would do what she was best at to let Finn and the fellow glee clubbers know how she was feeling about the breakup. She would sing a song.

When Mr Schuester walked through the door Rachel stuck her hand straight up in the air.
“Yes Rachel?” He said when he saw her hand.
“Before we start today’s rehearsal, I was wondering if I could sing something?”
“Go ahead.”
He motioned for her to come up the front.
“As you, my fellow glee clubbers know, an event occurred during the week involving me” She looked directly at Finn as she said that. “So instead of bottling up my feelings inside and the bursting someday and taking it out on innocent people, I’ve decided to sing about it.” She heard Mercedes sigh when she was speaking.
She looked at the band and they started to play.

Think of me when you're out, when you're out there
I'll beg you nice from my knees
When the world treats you way too fairly
It's a shame I’m a dream

All I wanted was you
All I wanted was you

I think I'll pace my apartment a few times
And fall asleep on the couch
And wake up early to black and white re-runs?
That escaped from the mouth

Oh-Oh

All I wanted was you
All I wanted was you
All I wanted was you
All I wanted was you

I could follow you to the beginning
And just relive the start
And maybe then we'll remember to slow down
To all of our favorite parts

All I wanted was you

All I wanted was you
All I wanted was you
All I wanted was you
All I wanted was you

After she had sung the last note, she took a bow as everybody clapped and went back to her seat. She could feel Finn looking at her from across the room, but she wouldn’t let him distract her, no matter how much she wanted him back. No, not this time. Now it’s time for Rachel. It’s her time to shine and she wouldn’t let anybody stand in the way of her dreams and destiny. Especially not one Finn Hudson.

Mr Schue went back up to the front to give them that weeks assignment.
“Okay guys, I think you’ll really like the assignment I’ve thought of for you. It is…” He paused for a second to build the tension, “A song you think represents glee club. Any song, any artist. It’s your choice.” As she heard that, a million ideas rushed to Rachel’s head, as they always do. What song was she going to sing? There were so many possibilities.

When the lesson was over, Rachel got up slowly and waited for everybody to leave before she left herself. She did that to avoid having to walk somewhere near someone whose name started with an F and ended in an N. Tina invited her to sit with the gang for lunch as she walked past on the way out, but she politely declined the offer. What had gotten into her? She was declining to sit with people, make others think that she had friends and was popular? What is this?

As she finally left the choir room, she saw Brittany and Santana talking to a senior boy on the football team whose name she didn’t know. Everyone loved those two girls. They were popular and they were pretty. Two things she knew she wasn’t. She knew that those were the type of girls most of the football team liked. The football team that Finn was on. If she wanted to get him back, she knew what would have to happen. She would need to get a makeover and somehow become popular.

Later that day, in English, she thought of the first way to become popular. She asked the teacher if she could be excused to go to the bathroom and left with her phone in her pocket. When she got inside the ladies room, she checked to make sure that there were no girls who could hear the phone call she was about to make. She definitely didn’t want any eavesdroppers. Especially not on this call. There was a younger girl in there, so she went into a cubicle until she had left and went back to class. When she heard the bathroom door close, she unlocked the cubicle door and went to lean against the bench where the sinks are so she could make the call.

She took out her phone and started scrolling through until she found the contact she was looking for. Someone she wasn’t even sure why she still kept on there, but right now, she knew why. Because one day, they would meet again. She clicked on the contact and pressed the call button.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Rachel's new directions. (Glee fanfic) Empty Re: Rachel's new directions. (Glee fanfic)

Post  Angelina Johnson January 27th 2011, 12:11 pm

I really like it so far! And I want to know who she is calling...

When you post on FF.net, it might be worth mentioning where it starts from (I assumed it starts from where we're up to so far), maybe?

Also, if you want a beta reader, you can always PM/Skype/email me. I'm happy to help!
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Rachel's new directions. (Glee fanfic) Empty Re: Rachel's new directions. (Glee fanfic)

Post  Sidney Fletcher January 27th 2011, 12:33 pm

Thanks AJ!
You'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out who it is.
I wrote in the summary that it starts after special education.
Thanks, I will if I need.

Hey, I was wondering if you knew how you get that thing at the top of each chapter thats in italics?
If that made sense.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson January 27th 2011, 12:40 pm

On FF.net?
Generally, the Author's Note (which is what I think you're talking about) is basically regular text, just in italics with a line just of dashes or something underneath like this:

------------------------------------------------

I hope that's what you mean!
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher January 27th 2011, 12:45 pm

Yes, thats what I meant.
Thanks!
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson January 27th 2011, 12:56 pm

Anytime!
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher January 28th 2011, 4:00 am

Chapter 2

Rachel waited impatiently for him to pick up. She wasn’t sure if he would after all that had happened, but it was worth a shot. If she was going to become popular and have Finn want him back, she needed him to be a part of this.

“Rachel?”

“Hello, Jesse? Is that you?” She breathed into the phone.
“It is. What I’m wondering though, is why you would call me? It would only be if you needed something.”

“Well, yes, I do.”

“What is it?”

“I need you to be my boyfriend again. Not my real boyfriend, but my fake one.”

“Why?”

“Well, lets just say some things happened between Finn and I and I need to get him back.”

“Okay. I’m listening.”
“I have to get back to class, but just meet me at breadsticks next Wednesday at 7:30pm.” That was a lie. She didn’t have to go back. She just had another call to make.

“Okay Rachel, I’ll see you then.”

“Thank you!” She said with a big smile on her face. The first part of her plan was underway. Now, she needed to make a second call to get another part sorted.

She quickly found Kurt’s number and called, praying to god that it wouldn’t ring during one of his classes.

He picked up right away.

“Rachel. This is a bit of a surprise.”

“Hey Kurt. I need you to do me a favour.”

“What sort of a favour?”

“I need you to give me a makeover.”

“I can’t say no to giving someone a makeover. Especially someone in real need of one.”

“Okay, anyway, are you free this Saturday?”

“Well, Blaine and I have plans, but I could come around on Sunday?”

“Sunday sounds good. Thanks for doing this Kurt. I really appreciate it.”

“Well, you really need a makeover.”

“Um, right. Anyway, I have to go now. See you on Sunday!”

She smiled as she shut her phone and put it away. Two parts of her plan are well underway. This was going to be easier than she thought. She will have Finn back in no time.

As she walked out the door she bumped into Santana.

“Who were you talking to?” Santana asked. As Santana was popular, she thought she had a right to know anything.

“It’s none of your business, but if you really want to know, it was one of my dads.”

“Whatever.” Santana said, rolling her eyes and pushing past Rachel to get into the bathroom.

She didn’t want anyone knowing one bit of her plans. Especially cheerleaders that would tell Finn and everyone they know about it. She didn’t need that, not this time. Because this time around, she was so sure that it would all go according to plan.

The next day at glee club, the first round of people were to sing their songs. Rachel volunteered to go first as usual.

“The song I have chose to sing today is about dreams. Because I have lots of dreams.” Nearly everyone sighed when they heard that. “And so do you.” Everyone was taken back when they heard that. Rachel was actually thinking about others? They were so surprised, they didn’t even realize that she was changing because she was up to something.

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels
I believe in angels

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
I believe in angels

As she finished everyone clapped and Mr Schuester said, “Great job Rachel. Next up is Tina.”

Rachel wasn’t really paying attention to the other performances as usual, but this song was really familiar, it was from that Harry Potter musical she had seen on youtube once or twice.

"Home."
I've heard the word before,
But it never meant much more
Than just a thing I've never had.

A "place,"
They say, "Hey, know your place!"
But I've never had a place to even know,
Or a face that I could go to
If I needed someone there...

I'm laughing
It's hard to hide a smile
My god, it's been a while
Since I have had a reason to.

To think
It's been here all along
Somewhere to belong,
And a reason,
A something-to-believe-in

I've finally found it,
A place where I'm wanted...
This must be how it feels to have a home

I used to dream about it
But never schemed or counted
On fantasies or wishes-
It breaks a man to see what he misses

So many nights I'd pray
For a better life, a better day
But I never thought that it'd come true
Now that it's here, I don't know what to do
I don't know what to do
And I'm trying not to cry

This must be how it feels
To have a home

I've finally made it
I've hoped and I've waited
And for the first time in my life,
I don't feel so alone

My heart starts to heal,
To know that it's real.
This is how it must feel
To have a home!

“Wow Tina. Brilliant song choice!” Everyone said as she made her way back to her seat.

Mr Schuester then started to speak. “Okay guys, before we finish this session, I want to talk to you about sectionals. I totally forgot last lesson. You guys were brilliant, but so were Dalton. We’re going to be competing against them again. I suspect they will lift their game, so we have to as well. Just because we have a friend on their team, doesn’t mean we can go easy on them.”

This time at the end of Glee, she didn’t leave last, she left first so no one could see where she was going. She was going to start a third part to her plan.

As she reached the door of the person she wanted to see, she knocked.

“Come in.” She heard the familiar voice say. “Well, Rachel. It is a surprise to see you here. Did William send you? Because if he did, you can leave my office immediately.”

“No Coach Sylvester. I came here because I would like something.”

“What would you like? I don’t know what it is, but there’s a high chance that I won’t give it to you.”

“I’d like to try out for the cheerios.”
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane January 28th 2011, 4:11 am

Wow Dem it's really awesome! I can't wait to see if Sue will let her try out!
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher January 28th 2011, 4:22 am

Thanks Milli! Very Happy
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson January 28th 2011, 1:49 pm

I was so hoping it was Jesse...

It's really good!
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher January 29th 2011, 9:33 am

So, um, I was wondering if any of you knew anything about cheerleading because I need to write a cheerleading scene and I don't know a thing about any moves or anything.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane January 29th 2011, 4:28 pm

*raises hand*
7 year cheerleader at your service.
If you want to PM me with any ideas you have and have me tell you what moves are called and stuff and maybe bounce some ideas off that's cool by me.
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher January 30th 2011, 1:41 am

Thanks!
I shall PM you when I'm up to writing those parts.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher January 30th 2011, 8:48 am

Yay. Chapter 3.
Oh, and Milli, I didn't end up needing your help. I just used a few simple moves that I knew.

Chapter 3
“Well, that was something I wasn’t expecting to hear from you.” Sue answered.
“It’s because I would like to become a fitter person and cheerios is a great option for that.” Rachel easily lied. One of the many great things about acting is if you are good enough you can lie and people will believe you.
“I would let you try out, but we don’t have an open spot on the squad that needs filling.”
Just as she said that, Quinn came running into the office and said in a worried voice, “Ms. Sylvester, some of the girls were practicing basket tosses and they threw Santana in the air and they couldn’t catch her in time and we think she may have broken something. Please, come quick!”
“Okay Q , take me to where she is, and you,” She said, pointing at Rachel, “Wait here until I come back and we can finish this discussion.”
Rachel sat still in her chair, waiting for Sue to return when suddenly she got a text. She pulled out her phone and read it. It was from Mercedes and had been sent to all the glee club, minus the cheerios.
“Hey guys, did you hear about Santana? Love M.” Although Mercedes was no longer on the cheerios, she still seemed to know all the happenings, and quite quickly after they happened , so it seemed.
“Yes, I was in Sue’s office when Quinn came to tell her.” She quickly replied.
“Why are you in her office?”
“She said she wanted to talk to me about something, I don’t know what though.” She lied because lying was easier over text messaging.
About ten seconds after she had sent that last text, Sue came back into her office.
“Well kid, it looks like you get a tryout two days from now after school.”
“Thank you so much Ms Sylvester.”
“But just so you know, the spot will only be until Santana can cheer again.”

After school that day, Rachel headed to a local gym to practice a short routine to show to Sue in two days time. She could do it herself, of course, but she thought that getting someone to teach her properly was a better option to go with. So, she walked up to the front desk and politely asked the lady currently working there, “Excuse me, I was wondering if there was anyone here that could help me with some cheerleading?”
The lady quickly looked up the workers that were currently on shifts. “We have Sarah and I believe she is not working with anybody right now. I’ll just get her to come.” And with that, she called out her name on the intercom. About a minute after that, the person called Sarah showed up. She was tanned and had semi-long blonde hair and smelt of perfume.
“Hi, I’m Sarah and I’m going to be your coach for today. If you’ll just follow me now.” She said to Rachel, leading her to a place where they could practice moves.

It was two days later and the day of the tryout. Before the tryout though, there was a glee rehearsal. She walked in, not in her usual clothes. Today, she was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with sneakers. Everyone looked at her and Mercedes said, “Rachel what are you wearing?”
Rachel quickly thought of a lie. Lying was easy for her as she had done it so many times before. “If you all must know, after school I’m going for a jog and I thought it would be easier to just wear these clothes instead of having to change.”
“Okay Rachel, thank you for sharing. Would you like to sit down so that the people who haven’t sung this weeks assignment can? Thank you Rachel.” He added to the end as she sat down. “Who wants to go first?”
“Mr Schue,” Mercedes started, “All of us decided to sing a song together if that’s alright?”
“Fine by me.”
“Come on guys.” Mercedes said, motioning for everyone to stand up.
When everybody was standing up at the front, the band started to play and they all started to sing.
Right right, turn off the lights
We gonna lose our minds tonight
What's the dealio?

I love when it's all too much
5 AM turn the radio up
Where's the rock and roll?

Party crasher, panty snatcha'
Call me up if you are gangsta'
Don't be fancy
Just get dancey
Why so serious?
So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be, never be
Anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks
Won't you come on, and come on, and
Raise your glass
Just come on and come and
Raise Your Glass!

Slam slam oh hot damn
What part of party don't you understand?
Wish you'd just freak out (freak out already)
Can't stop coming in hot
I should be locked up right on the spot
It's so on right now (so fuckin' on right now)

Party crasher, panty snatcha'
Call me up if you a gangsta'
Don't be fancy
Just get dancey
Why so serious?

In all the right ways
Anything but loud

Won't you come on, and come on, and
Raise your glass
Raise Your Glass!
Won't you come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
Raise your glass!

Oh shit my glass is empty...
that sucks !

So if you're too school for cool (I mean...)
And you're treated like a fool (treated like a fool)
You could choose to let it go
We can always, we can always
party on our own...

So raise your (Aw fuck)
In all the right ways
Anything but loud
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be never be!
Anything but loud
Won't you come on! and come on! and
Raise your glass
Raise your glass
Won't you come on! and come on! and
Raise your glass
For me
Raise your glass...for me
All Mr Schuester could do was smile and clap. “Well done guys. Brilliant job.”
“Wait.. I have a song I’d like to sing by myself.” Said Santana, whom was now on crutches.
“Take it away Santana.”
Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting through the wind
Wanting to start again

Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in

Do you ever feel already buried deep
Six feet under scream
But no one seems to hear a thing

Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you can open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow
And when it's time, you'll know

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

Baby you're a firework
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
It's always been inside of you, you, you
And now it's time to let it through

Baby you're a firework
You're gunna leave 'em goin "Oh, oh, oh!"

Boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom
Everyone whistled and cheered as Santana made her way back to her seat.
“Great rehearsal guys. I’ll see you all next week. Have a good weekend guys.”
As soon as Mr Schue had said that, Rachel bolted out the door and quickly made her way to the gym for her tryout. She hoped that she would be temporarily taking Santana’s spot on the squad. If she didn’t, she wasn’t sure how her grand plan would turn out.
“Glad you’re here. Show me what you’ve got.”
Rachel walked to the centre of the gym and began her routine which Sarah had taught her. It was quite short, but she was sure that Ms Sylvester would be fairly impressed by it. First she did a roundoff followed by a handspring – the move that had taken her the longest to master. Just as she was about to do the next move, Sue stopped her.
“I’m going to stop you there Rachel. That was fantastic. I don’t need to see anymore, you’re on the squad. Here’s your uniform. I expect it to be worn at all times.”
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 6th 2011, 10:15 am

Chapter 4
The day had finally come. The day of her makeover from Kurt. Rachel was excited, but nervous. Even though she knew that her makeover from Kurt wouldn’t go as awful as last time, she was still anxious to see what she would end up like. She secretly hoped that Kurt would still allow her to wear pleated skirts and long socks – clothing items she most frequently wore.

She heard a knock at the door and bounded downstairs to answer the door. She opened the door and instantly gave Kurt a friendly hug. Now that they were no longer rivals in the same team, they were more friendly towards each other.

“Kurt! It’s great to see you. Just come in and we’ll go up to my room.”

They walked into Rachel’s room and she sat on the chair in front of her mirror, which was outlined by lights, with a few pictures of the people she looks up to.

“Okay, so I think we’ll start with your wardrobe.” Kurt said as he opened the doors and peered in. “You can keep the clothes.” He added in a voice that said, why would you keep those clothes? “Because it’s cold, it limits you to a certain number of clothing options, so I was thinking some skinny jeans with boots and a coloured singlet and leather jacket. What do you think?”

“Sounds good.” Rachel smiled. She had never really worn those sorts of clothes, but now she was going to have to. Oh, the things I do for boys, she thought to herself as Kurt pulled an outfit out of the large suitcase that had all his makeover things and lay it down on her bed.

“Now that your outfit is sorted, we have to do hair and makeup. I was thinking some natural makeup, you don’t want people to think you’re overdressing, and some loose curls in your hair.” Kurt explained as his head was down in the suitcase, getting out everything he would need. When he had finished, he got all of the makeup and walked over to where Rachel was sitting and started to work on her.

“So, how has New Directions been?” Kurt asked, making small talk as he worked.

“It’s been good. I’m as talented as ever!” Rachel says, having to bring herself into the conversation. “And as you saw at sectionals, our twelfth member is Lauren. She hasn’t sung a solo yet, but I’m sure that I will still be the most talented in the room.”

“Whatever you say.” Kurt said, knowing that it’s better to just agree with Rachel. “Okay, the makeup’s done, now we move onto the hair.” He informed Rachel, plugging the curler into a nearby powerpoint and starting to curl Rachel’s hair. When he had finished that, he said to Rachel, “Change into your clothes so I can see if I’m brilliant.” And left the room so she could change.

When Rachel had finished changing, she opened to door so Kurt could come back in. “You look fabulous!” He said, staring approvingly at his former team mate’s new look, then looked at his watch. “I’m sorry Rachel, but I have to go now. The warblers are all meeting up for a bite. It was nice seeing you!” Rachel gave Kurt one final hug before he left.
After Kurt had left, Rachel turned around and properly looked at herself in the mirror. “Wow,” She thought to herself, “I actually look really good.”
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins February 17th 2011, 11:23 am

Chapter 5
It was now Monday morning and Rachel was in her room getting ready for school. She knew that now she was a temporary cheerio, she would be required to wear her cheerios uniform at all times, but she looked fabulous in the new outfit Kurt had given her during the makeover, and besides, she didn’t want to let Kurt down, especially after all of the hard work he had put into her makeover when he didn’t even have to do it for her, and for that, she was thankful.

When she walked into school, making an entrance as usual, she noticed that everyone was looking at her, “As they should be.” Rachel thought, smiling to herself at all the attention she was getting, especially from boys, “but unfortunately not from the right ones,” She thought, quickly walking away when she spotted Jacob looking at her. Where is Finn? He is usually here at this time! Where could he be? She then spotted him helping carry injured Santana’s books. Rachel was unimpressed. She decided that she would walk on by, pretending not to pay attention to him, hopefully getting his attention.

Rachel quickly walked past Finn and Santana, deliberately not looking at them, then, when she had walked on by, she looked back to see Finn staring at her. She instantly turned around, happy that she had gotten his attention, but not at all sad about her still going plan to make him jealous. Just at that moment, Sue spotted Rachel and walked over.

“Excuse me, but why are you not wearing your cheerios uniform? All cheerios are required to at all times. It’s in the contract you signed!”

“Sorry Ms Sylvester. I bought this new outfit and I was really keen to wear it. I hope that isn’t a problem.”

“Of course it’s a problem! Seeing as it’s your first official day though, I’ll let it slide.” Sue said with a small nod and walked off to go terrorise some people, no doubt.

Later that afternoon in their glee club rehearsal, everyone was staring at her and she was pleased. She loved it when all attention was on her, everyone knew it. She needed a song though. A song to let Finn know that she was totally over him, even if she wasn’t. It was just part of the plan of making him jealous. She quickly asked Mr Schue if she could sing, and it was all good, so she went out the front and started to sing the song to let Finn know.

As the notes started to play, she looked at Finn quickly so he knew she was talking to him, but didn’t look for too long to arouse suspicion.

It's strange to think the songs we used to sing
The smiles, the flowers, everything is gone
Yesterday I found out about you
Even now just looking at you feels wrong

You say that you'd take it all back, given one chance
It was a moment of weakness and you said yes

You should've said no, you should've gone home
You should've thought twice 'fore you let it all go
You should've known that word
'Bout what you did with her'd get back to me

And I should've been there in the back of your mind
I shouldn't be asking myself why
You shouldn't be begging for forgiveness at my feet
You should've said no, baby and you might still have me

You can see that I've been crying
And baby you know all the right things to say
But do you honestly expect me to believe
We could ever be the same

You say that the past is the past, you need one chance
It was a moment of weakness and you said yes

I can't resist before you go tell me this
Was it worth it? Was she worth this?
No, no, no, no, no, no

After Rachel had sung the last note of the song she looked at Finn, who was staring at her with a blank look on his face, which was not unusual for him, but she knew that it was because of her song and what she was wearing. She was so sure that he wanted her back already and may have been starting to get jealous, but little did she know, she was wrong.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

http://thiscouldmeandanger.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins February 25th 2011, 2:08 pm

Today’s the day. The day of Rachel’s fake date with Jesse. She wasn’t at all sure what to expect, but she was prepared. As soon as school was finished, she was rushing home to get ready, even if the date didn’t start until seven that night. Why should she be caring so much about this date though? It’s fake, it’s not like there’s any feelings between the two. They had both moved on and Rachel understood that, but she got attached to people too easily and she couldn’t let that get in the way of anything. Especially plans to get a certain quarterback with her again.

Rachel’s day at school was fairly uneventful. She didn’t wear her cheerios uniform that day, even though they were supposed to every single day. There wasn’t to be a practice today. Something about Ms Sylvester modifying her body so she could feel something. No one had any idea what she was on about, but they all just nodded their heads and just listened. Rachel though, she had more things to worry about. None of the Glee club, apart from the cheerios, knew that she was a temporary team member. She was going to have to tell them sometime, before they found out from someone else. It was just best that way. To hear it from her and have them understand and not get angry, than from some random, and for them to get full out mad at her. She had experienced them being mad at her quite a few times and it was something that she didn’t want to happen. No matter how much talented she was than all of them, she still loved them all. Even if she never let it show.

The time was 6:30pm on Rachel’s bedazzled alarm clock, which meant that it was time to go and meet Jesse at breadsticks. She was nervous, but not really nervous. She was nervous because she wasn’t sure what it was going to be like. Ever since the incident before last years regionals, and up until the phone call, she had hated Jesse. Hated him for what he did to Rachel, to the club. That none of it was real, it was something that was based on a whole lot of lies, but Rachel was determined to put all of that in the past. It wasn’t important. What was important was Finn and making him like her again. She had been pretty down about it all lately. The only reason she cheated on him was because he had lied to her about doing it with Santana. She had sort of got why it was with Santana, she was absolutely gorgeous. She just didn’t get why he would lie to her though. They weren’t even dating when it happened. The lying made it worse though. If he had just told her the truth from the start, she wouldn’t have been so hurt.

She thought about all that had happened since she had seen Jesse as she was waiting for him to arrive. What would it be like? Will college have made him different? What if he has become a whole lot more mature? That wouldn’t really bother Rachel though, seeing as she was a very mature and responsible person of her age, so it wouldn’t be a problem at all.

Rachel heard the wind blow as the door to breadsticks opened and looked around quickly, hoping that Jesse was here. When she saw that it was Jesse, a small smile spread across her face. When she realized that she was smiling, she quickly stopped, hoping that Jesse didn’t see and think that she was excited or anything like that. Because she wasn’t. When he got to the table that Rachel was at, Rachel quietly opened her mouth, which was unusual and said, “Jesse. Hi. You actually came.”

Jesse looked at Rachel. She had changed. Not on the outside, she looked the same as ever, but on the inside. He could see that she was sort of nervous about their encounter and wasn’t sure what to expect. She was trying not to show it, but he could see it in her eyes, the way she looked at him. It wasn’t in a longing way, it was in a ‘Is that you? Have you changed? I want to know what has happened, but I don’t want to ask, so just tell me.’ Look. He knew what she wanted to know, but there wasn’t really much to tell. He had gone off to college and had made a new group of friends and was having a great time. The one thing that he really didn’t like though, was that there was no glee clubs at college. He missed being able to get up there and perform. He was a performer. It’s what he needed to do. He did occasionally sing and dance, but it was only when he was totally alone, which was not often. He decided that if the subject of college came up, he would tell her that because it was the only really worthwhile thing to say. At this point, he realized that he must have not said anything for at least a minute, Rachel must think that there’s something wrong with him, “Oh well.” He thought to himself, “I’ll not mention it and maybe she wasn’t really paying attention.” When he thought of an appropriate response, he said, “Hi Rachel, it’s me, and yes, I did come. Though I’m sort of wondering why though, you mentioned something about getting Finn back on the phone the other week, I’m pretty sure. I’m intrigued, please explain.” He then looked at her with an all too familiar questioning look on her face.

Rachel felt awkward in the silence. What had she done? Had she done something wrong? Usually when she had done something, she knew what it was, but this time she didn’t. She was just about to ask when he finally spoke and asked about the plan. “Well, you see, as you know, Finn and I were dating, but then some things happened between us and now we’re not. You see, the thing is, we really shouldn’t have broken up and I still want to be his girlfriend.” Rachel explained, looking at Jesse and using her famous dramatic voices and expressions as she was doing so.

Jesse listened as Rachel explained all this, not very sure where he fits in to it all. He wondered for a while, but was seriously confused, so he decided to ask Rachel. “Um, Rachel? This story about Finn is interesting, but I’m just wondering what role I have in this all?”

“Well, to get him back, I have a plan of sorts. Part of that plan is to make him jealous and want me back. That’s where you come in.” Rachel loosely explained to Jesse, planning to tell him more over time. She noticed that he was a little bit unsure of it all, but was positive that when he heard the whole plan, he’d definitely want be involved. What her or Jesse didn’t notice though, was that Santana had just walked in the door and had spotted them. She quickly took out her phone from her pocket and snapped a picture of Rachel and Jesse with a mischievous, evil smirk on her face that she only gets when she is pleased about something or is planning something good.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins May 12th 2011, 11:31 am

It was the day after Rachel had seen Jesse to tell him about her plan and she was feeling great. When she had told him the full plan, he agreed. Rachel wasn't sure why he had, maybe he felt like he owed her for last year, what she did know was that she was going to have Finn running back into her arms in no time at all. It also happened to be the day that Rachel would wear a cheerios uniform for the first time.

She walked down the familiar corridor to the choir room, a little more bounce in her step than usual. People were looking at her, not in a jealous way because of her talent, but in a "Have I seen her around here before?" sort of way. But she wasn't the only one walking with a little more bounce in her step and a smile on their face. Santana had just walked out of the choir room about five metres away and was heading in the general direction of Rachel, well not literally walked because she was on crutches. "Hey Rachel. Nice uniform." She simply said in a voice that could mean nothing but trouble as she passed by to go to the ladies room. Rachel simply just kept on walking, not caring about the looks she was still getting from people.

When she got into the choir room, it was an entirely different scene. Everyone stopped mid conversation and turned to look at Rachel. Most of them were just shocked, but Finn looked angry. It couldn't just be about the new uniform, could it? Mercedes was the first one to speak, "Rachel, what the hell is up with that cheerios costume. You can't tell me that you are seriously one of them."

Rachel looked at Mercedes and explained to her, and everyone else, "If you all must know, I needed a way to maintain my fitness and I've already tried most sports in my youth, so when there was an opening, I jumped at the opportunity." Everyone just looked at her weirdly and continued on with their conversations, waiting for Mr Schue. Everyone except Finn. He walked over to Rachel.

"Look, whatever you're trying to do, makeovers and joining the cheerios, just stop. This is not who you are. You don't have to change the way you are just for other people. Also, Santana showed me a picture of you and Jesse from last night. What the hell! He blew us all over last year, yet you're sneaking around with him, that's just not cool!"

Rachel froze. How had Santana seen them there? It's not like they were way out in the open or anything. Santana was awfully fond of Breadsticks though, that could explain it. Still, she had no right to take a picture of them and show Finn. "If you must know, I am vocally training him, there is no college glee club, so we're singing a bit so he still keeps his singing voice." She then stormed off to find a seat as Mr Schue walked into the choir room.

After the Glee rehearsal, it was officially her first cheerios practice. As she walked to the gym, she thought about how her plan was going. It was going quite well. She had already had a makeover, gotten into the cheerios and convinced Jesse to help her. When she walked into the gym, the first thing Coach Sylvester said to her was, "Berry, seeing as you are new and temporary until Santana is healed, you will be at the bottom of stunts. Less chance of more injuries." Then she turned to speak to everyone, " Now everyone, I want to see a pyramid, including Berry who will be at the bottom. Sally, you will be replacing Santana's place. Let's go people!"

Rachel walked over to the centre of the gym by herself. All of the girls in here, had tormented her at some point. Brittany and Santana were having a private conversation, so there was no point trying to talk to them. When she finally reached the centre, she warmed up quickly, then positioned and prepared herself in the way she had been instructed. She lifted a girl called Sarah. She hadn't been one of her main tormentors, but had still participated once or twice. They went over that pyramid for the whole practice, seeing as it was a new pyramid. When the practice was over, a hot and sweaty Rachel went over to the stands where she left her bag and had a long drink. As she was, Quinn came over to her.

"Look, just because you've replaced Santana and have gotten a makeover, it doesn't mean you are automatically popular, okay?"
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down