Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucius Malfoy

2 posters

Go down

Lucius Malfoy Empty Lucius Malfoy

Post  Narcissa Black January 10th 2012, 10:06 am

Just a heads up, this is a post in which I flip out about some people, and this shows reasons that I shouldn't track the 'Lucius Malfoy' tag on tumblr. Let me start, I do believe in people's opinions. This will just end up in a rant about my own ideas. And how furious I am over some other ones.

I was looking through the tag and I found this (spoiled for length):

Spoiler:

This was under a 'least favorite male character' post. And now, I begin:

Of course he was a dick to the Weasley family, it was how he was raised! He was raised to believe in the purity of blood, and while, yes, the Weasley's were pureblooded, they stood against what he believed in, so of course he was going to treat them badly. No, they did not deserve it, but in Lucius' world, he saw no place for the Weasley's. Also, it was a rivalry. People forget that they are related, I think. I think it was a Black who ran off with a Weasley. It's a matter of blood feuds.

Second, he's not 'essentially' racist. He is. He is, because again, that was how he was raised. Anyone who wasn't a 'pure wizard', wasn't a 'real' wizard to him and his world. They could hardly care about the others. The only notables were the pureblooded ones. And no, I don't believe that that is what he represents. I believe that he represents another end of the spectrum. Yes, he is bigoted, but that's not all he is. He provides for his family WITH his money and WITH his name. More than half of what he owns he most likely inherited from his family.

Lucius supports Voldemort because at first, they believed in the same thing. in the end, he just supports Voldemort out of fear. I would be scared for my family too. And I'm sorry, the only people who supported Voldemort seriously were insane (ex. Bellatrix Lestrange and Barty Crouch Jr.) What would you suggest the 'right' reasons be? The ultimate elimination of all people who were not pureblooded? Lucius joined for his own reasons, the same way Peter Pettigrew or even Snape or Karkaroff did. There was not ONE simple reason for supporting Voldemort. I'm not even going to touch the 'he wouldn't worry about anything'. Why do you think his wife never joined the Death Eaters?

As for Draco, this part I really had trouble with. Lucius raised him in a Pureblooded world. Of course Draco is going to pick up on what he sees, he's raised in it. However, there comes a time where Draco is his own person. While Lucius' teachings in raising him may have played some part, some of it is also Draco's own personality. Yes, he is far too involved because of who his family is, that isn't his fault. Neither was being Marked. No one in the Malfoy family wanted him to be Marked, not even Draco himself. It's not that Lucius doesn't help him, it's that he CAN'T help him. Lucius was in Azkaban. Even after, he was a changed man. He was a broken man. He could hardly take care of himself and I don't blame him. It's then that I think we see how much both of the elder Malfoy's are willing to sacrifice for their son. So, really, I think it could be argued that, yes, Lucius did try and help him.

And now, this is done. I just really needed to get this out because that whole thing just really, really irked me. I mean really.... Yeah. I'm not usually like this, but I couldn't help myself this time... Right.
Narcissa Black
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Lucius Malfoy Empty Re: Lucius Malfoy

Post  Nyssa Edwards January 12th 2012, 12:04 am

I completely agree with what your saying. A lot of the Death Eaters were raised a certain way and I think it's hard to go against something you've always known. I think Lucius was probably all gun-ho for Voldemort in the beginning, but then came to see what everyone else saw. And I too would do anything to protect my family.

I don't think the Malfoy's are bad people, I think their way of life just didn't belong in the time they were living in.

I admired Narcissa for lying to Voldemort, that's a pretty brave thing to do.
Nyssa Edwards
Nyssa Edwards
Seventh Year

http://www.fanpop.com/fans/MMR86

Back to top Go down