Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Band/orchestra/choir

+7
HorcruxHunter
Daphne Greengrass
James Potter - Inactive
Angela Braddock
Angelina Johnson
Fred Weasley - Inactive
Danni Grindelwald
11 posters

Go down

Band/orchestra/choir Empty Band/orchestra/choir

Post  Danni Grindelwald March 18th 2010, 12:42 am

Just wondering if anyone is involved in any of these.
I play trombone and sing alto.

Danni Grindelwald

Back to top Go down

Band/orchestra/choir Empty Re: Band/orchestra/choir

Post  Fred Weasley - Inactive March 19th 2010, 9:03 am

Cool! I played trombone for a year or two for jazz band, but I don't really like playing brass instruments. (-is suuuch a woodwind player- ^^)
I normally play oboe and English horn and I'm a high alto/ low soprano.

Fred Weasley - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest March 19th 2010, 9:59 am

I played clarinet and sang alto when I was in Jr high/high school. I still have the clarinet but haven't played it much since then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson March 19th 2010, 11:50 am

I am a violinist, and sing soprano (though I think I'm technically a mezzo soprano). Can also bash out a tune on the piano, viola, flute, clarinet... music summer school taught me alot.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock March 19th 2010, 6:06 pm

play the piano. choir rules!! Very Happy
Angela Braddock
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter - Inactive March 19th 2010, 11:40 pm

I play clarinet and piano, and sing alto in the choir but I want to be a soprano and I'm quitting next year anyway because our program sucks.

James Potter - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Weasley - Inactive March 20th 2010, 2:23 am

It's cool that there are so many musical people on here. Smile I'm sorry about your program not being very good. Sad I don't know what I'd do if I weren't in band and choir.

Fred Weasley - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Grindelwald March 20th 2010, 2:35 am

I'm thinking about dropping choir. Auditions are in two weeks, but I can't stand another year with large choir, so if I don't make our top choir, I'm probably going to drop out. Of course, I still haven't decided if I'm auditioning or not... *sigh* And I'm thinking about playing trombone in jazz band and euphonium in concert band next year, since our euphonium player is graduating...

Danni Grindelwald

Back to top Go down

Post  Daphne Greengrass March 20th 2010, 2:45 am

I'm in choir too. My school has a terrible program, but I'm graduating next year. [*is young. Deal with it.*] The high school I was going to has an amazing program, but I'm not going there. I don't know how good my other school's program is.
Daphne Greengrass
Daphne Greengrass
Fifth Year

http://snorkackshit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest March 22nd 2010, 11:10 pm

nice, i play the violin, and thats it.... haha, im working on guitar to though

Back to top Go down

Post  HorcruxHunter March 22nd 2010, 11:59 pm

I used to be in Choir, but I left to explore other options. I'll always sing I think though.
HorcruxHunter
HorcruxHunter
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikki Orwell March 23rd 2010, 12:00 am

I sing! I am a Soprano II or Alto I, depending on the piece. right now, my choir teacher and I are working on my NYSSMA solo, Lascia ch'io pianga. It is soooo pretty. I am also in my school's choir, and a female ensemble called InTreble. You know you love the name!
I want to play guitar, but I never have time to learn. I guess I'll just have to find a boyfriend who can! Wink
Nikki Orwell
Nikki Orwell
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin March 24th 2010, 7:53 pm

Our music programs are generally upper level but I never did too much with them. I went to a big high school and our musicals are almost Broadway quality (I only tried out once though and didn't make it...i can't sing in front of people my voice disappears haha but I can sing in a large group) I played violin from 4th grade through 9th then quit because I got too lazy to practice. Started keyboards (marimba, xylophone, ect.) for Indoor drumline/pit in 10th grade and continued that through my senior year. Also did Marching Band playing in the Pit (keyboards still). Sang in choir all four years of high school, I'm more of a high alto/low soprano. I tried to learn guitar but I can't really get into it, teaching myself piano, and my parents got me a flute for Christmas 2 years ago but I'm still working on learning that. I've grown up with music, my dad's a guitarist and has always played in bands throughout his life, so music is one of my most favorite things ever. :3
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Padma Patil March 25th 2010, 3:04 am

I play violin and piano which I'm pretty good at, beginner's level on bass, acoustic, electric guitar, drums, and attempting to teach myself the cello. I'm also in choir [Second Soprano] but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do show choir next year even though I really want to... Sad It clashes with my orchestra, and I have to be in orchestra to be in Certificate Program, which I'm one of the top students in, and the next time to do Certificate Program would be with a different teacher and in 10th grade, when I'll be super-mega-uber busy. *sighs in frustration* I suppose I'll work it out to a happy medium. possibly.
Padma Patil
Padma Patil
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven March 25th 2010, 6:03 am

I used to play trumpet, for two years and clarinet for 4-6 i can't remember exactly xD. i used to be in choir, till the whole "voice change" shit that's totally ruined my voice so i can't sing anymore 8( I played first clarinet pieces ^-^i have no idea what chair i'd be, because we didn't have tryouts or anything like that. Had to quit the year i finally made it to advanced band >___< pissed me off. I want to learn cello, violin, flute, guitar, and piano~ someday.
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

http://aydensilverflame7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest March 28th 2010, 10:04 am

Ha. I feel lame now. I play the violin and have sort of been teaching myself the piano. i also love to sing, but suck, and my school does not have a formal choir, darn it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Grindelwald April 6th 2010, 8:17 am

Hey! This must not be forgotten! I know there are more music geeks on here, I know it!

Danni Grindelwald

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down