Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another fanfic...

+7
Romilda Vane
Mya Lupin
Apolline Delacour - Inact
Gideon Prewett
Evan Rosier - Inactive
Molly Prewett
Remus Lupin
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another fanfic... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another fanfic...

Post  Daphne Greengrass July 22nd 2010, 5:15 am

*fist pump*
UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE.
Daphne Greengrass
Daphne Greengrass
Fifth Year

http://snorkackshit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin July 23rd 2010, 9:02 pm

Chapter 6.

Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew continued to stare at Remus Lupin’s bed, waiting for him to return.

“People can’t just disappear like that. Can they, Sirius?” Peter’s eyes were round.

Sirius shook his head, wondering where his friend could have gone. “I have no idea, Pete.” He turned and looked over at James’ bed. His best friend was still sleeping, snoring lightly with the covers pulled over his head. He bounded over and jumped on top of James, who let out a muffled shout.

“Merlin, Sirius! I’m sleeping! Geroff!” An arm appeared from under the covers to shove Sirius off, who tumbled off the side of the bed with a thump.

Sirius knelt next to James’ bed, shaking his friend’s now still frame. “Jaaaaames! Wake up wake up wake UP! Moony’s gone.”

A snort was heard from under the covers. “Did you check the library? He practically lives in there, and you know how he goes there in the mornings sometimes.”

Sirius shook his head violently, quickly tugging the covers off James. “No, he’s not there. He was here, right in front of me and Pete. Then he just vanished. POOF!” James sat up, running a hand through his already ruffled hair. “Jaaaaames! He’s gone. Gone gone gone. What do we do?”

James turned his head, looking down at his best friend who was staring back up at him pitifully. “Look. People don’t just disappear, Padfoot. I’ll bet he’s playing a trick on us. It is Halloween after all. It’d be just like Moony to have waited all these years to get the jump on us. So all we have to do is go searching for him. Then get revenge of course.”

“Amidst doing all our own wonderful tricks right? Right?” The light was coming back in Sirius’ eyes. If this was all just some big trick, devised by their beloved Moony, right under their very noses, well, it was quite good. Remus always did tend to surprise him. Sirius would think he had Remus all figured out then BAM, Remus would do something totally out of character or so that would surprise them all.
James and he were going to have to come up with something good to get Remus back for this.

James grinned. “Of course! What’ve we got planned for this year? We literally scared the pants off those first years last year.” He got off the bed and grabbed his clothes to get dressed.

Sirius got off the floor and, beaming, went over to the floor to pick up a can of paint. He held it up in James’ line of view. “Paint. Red paint. I’ve got six more cans hidden under Pete’s bed.”

“Why my bed?” Peter was still standing over near Remus’ bed. He sat down on it.

“Because no one’s going to look under there, that’s why. And I couldn’t have anyone finding them could I? Then we’d be found out.”

James finished buttoning his shirt and was struggling with his tie. “Brilliant! Where’d you get them?” He finished getting his tie tied and flopped back down on his bed.

“Tut tut!” Sirius waggled a finger at him. “Can’t give up my secret now, can I? Anyway,” He set the paint can down and crouched down to dig out the other cans from under Peter’s bed. “Oomph- right, here we go!” He finished pulling the other cans out, lining them up in a row. “It’s the perfect shade too. You should have seen Pete’s face when I dripped some on his nose and he woke up and saw it. Priceless!” James got up and went over to inspect the paint. He grinned, nodding in approval, mischief glowing in his eyes. “I know what we can do with this.”

Peter could practically see the gears working in James’ head. Some brilliant scheme was developing in there, something that most likely would get them all into trouble once again. But, to Peter, it was always worth it. For seven years he had been hanging out with James, Sirius, and Remus. It still amazed him that he got to be involved in their pranks. It seemed to him that Remus never really wanted to get involved though.

He looked down at Remus’ bed. It just didn’t feel right. Something was telling him that this was not a prank.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane July 23rd 2010, 9:13 pm

Ooooo, chilling. It's awesome!!! *flails* I cannot wait for more!!!
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin July 24th 2010, 1:24 am

OMG. Your Marauders are SO dead on perfect!
LOVE IT!
Can't wait for more!

~flails~

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  KingsleyShacklebolt Inact July 24th 2010, 1:51 am

<3 *flails* Thank you lots!!!!

OMG Wait till you see the prank. hehe. I was so excited for it I skipped chapter 7 (which is back to Remus, Harry and friends) and went directly to writing chapter 8. XD It's a gross and icky prank. Peter's terrified but since he gets to play the main part he's kind of thrilled too.

KingsleyShacklebolt Inact

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin July 24th 2010, 1:54 am

Aww that's so Peter! Razz
Can't wait to read it! ~flails~

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 3:21 am

Chapter 7

Remus follows Harry, Ron, and Hermione into the headmaster's office. It looks almost just like it did in his time, except it seemed like Albus Dumbledore may have added quite a few more things to the room. Fawkes was standing on his perch, looking old and scraggly. A burning day looked to be in the bird's near future.

"Well, isn't this interesting." Remus turns at the weary sounding voice, spotting the headmaster who was sitting behind his desk. Snape was standing next to the desk, an annoyed look, mixed with dislike, upon his face. "May I see your time turner, Mr. Lupin?"

Remus is not all that surprised that Dumbledore knew about his time turner. After all, it'd been Dumbledore who'd let Remus get approved for one in the first place, and Remus didn't think Dumbledore would completely forget that. Remus nods and pulls the chain out from inside his shirt, taking it off and holding it out for the headmaster to see. Out of the corner of his eye, Remus spots Hermione leaning closer to peek over his shoulder to get a better view of the time turner. Remus isn't used to having girls standing very close to him - especially a pretty girl like Hermione. It was slightly unsettling.

Dumbledore gets up from his desk and walks around to get a better look at the chain Remus was holding. Remus can't keep the small gasp from escaping his lips when he spots the headmaster's blackened, badly looking right hand.
"Sir? What happened to your hand?"

The headmaster smiles lightly and waves his left hand dismissively. "It's a fascinating tale. One I know you'd appreciate but, alas, I can not tell you. For obvious reasons of course. Now," Dumbledore gently takes the chain from Remus' hand and examines it. "How'd it break?" Hermione gasps when she spots the broken hourglass.

Remus sighs. "It was early morning and Sirius dropped all these books on my chest. They were too heavy and cracked the hourglass. Next thing I knew I was outside. I will be able to get back, right?" Dumbledore was highly intelligent, if he couldn't figure out how to send Remus back Remus didn't know who could.

"Well, we definitely hope so. The consequences will be disastrous if you don't. Hold on to this for now." Dumbledore hands the time turner back to Remus.

"Sir, what are we going to do until he can get back?" Harry spoke up from next to Remus. "It's going to be hard to keep him from learning things he probably shouldn't. Especially with all that's going on."

"You're in your seventh year currently, right?" Dumbledore addresses Remus. Remus nods in affirmation. "Well then, I think, for now, it'd be okay for you to continue with your studies. We'll find some sort of arrangement that will be efficient, because attending actual classes isn't really a good idea. We can't have a whole bunch of people finding out that you're from the past either." Dumbledore addresses the whole room with that statement. "It isn't safe. Especially, like Harry said, with all that's going on. You'll want to come up with a different last name to use. A lot of our older students remember Remus Lupin as the great professor they had three years ago." Dumbledore chuckles at Remus' surprised expression. "I figure it's okay to tell you that, after all, I know you'll still agree to it when I give you the job. Plus it'll give you something to look forward to." Remus doesn't agree to that, he's currently thinking that he wouldn't make a very good teacher at all. "You really will be one of the best teacher's I'll ever hire. These three here share my opinion, I believe." The trio all grin and nod collectively. "As does, most likely, much of the student body who got to attend your excellent lessons."

"Best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we've had." Ron tosses in. Hermione and Harry shoot alarmed, nervous looks at Snape, who isn't looking at them at all thankfully, and Remus wonders at the sudden tension in the room. Even though Snape wasn't looking towards them, he could still hear and Remus notices Snape's murderous expression, finding himself quite intimidated by it.

Dumbledore heads back to his seat and sits down, looking older and more tired. Remus wonders what is going on in the wizarding world right now that is so bad and causing trouble for everyone. He would ask but he doesn't want to keep asking questions that will most likely get an answer of 'we can't tell you.' That'd get old really fast. "There's an empty bed in a 7th year boy's dorm in Gryffindor you can use. I'm guessing you'd like to stay in Gryffindor of course?" Remus nods. "Wonderful. It's getting rather late and I still have some things I must discuss with Severus, so why don't we get you four off to bed. Mr. Lupin, I'd like to see you in my office after breakfast tomorrow so we can discuss your studying arrangements. Good night, and let's hope we can fix this problem as soon as we can. I'm sure you're anxious to get back to your own time and your friends who are surely missing you."

"Thank you, sir. Goodnight." Remus smiles lightly and follows Hermione and Ron out of the office. They both say night to Dumbledore as well.

Harry stays behind for a moment and looks out the window before turning to Dumbledore again.

"Yes, Harry?" Dumbledore questions him. Snape is looking at Harry with his usual expression of loathing.

"Sir, I was just wondering...for later, what we'll do about-"

"Ah, yes." Dumbledore interrupts, "Don't worry, Harry. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Night, sir." Harry turns and leaves the room, shutting the door behind him.

Hermione, Ron, and Remus were waiting for Harry at the bottom of the stairs. "Why'd you stay behind?" Ron asks.

"I just needed to ask him something about our lessons and when the next one will be."

Hermione nods as they turn to head off to Gryffindor. "Good idea, Harry. Hopefully the next one will be just as interesting as the first. You're really going to be learning a lot."

Remus silently listens to them chatter as the group makes it's way back to Gryffindor. Occasionally Ron and Hermione would get snippy with each other and he'd half expect a shouting match to break out, but it never did. Personally, Remus wasn't entirely impressed by Ron. Maybe Ron’s behavior would get better in the morning and Remus’ impression of him would change. Remus' thoughts turn to Dumbledore mentioning how he, Remus, would become a great teacher. Remus couldn't really bring himself to agree with these remarks. After all, Remus had a hard time talking to people in general. How could he teach full classes of young students? It's not that he didn't want to though - it would be fun to help others learn - the thought of it just unnerved him.

"What are you so busy thinking about, Remus?" A soft voice interrupts his thoughts. Remus blinks and looks over at Hermione, who is ignoring Ron and Harry at the moment. The other two boys were busy talking Quidditch.

"Oh, I was just wondering...was I really that good of a teacher?"

“Oh yes!” Hermione smiles, “Your lessons were always very interesting. We hadn’t really had practical lessons before, other than pretty much our second year teacher’s pixie incident, so it was a real nice change.”

“It was a shame you left.” Ron butts in on the conversation. “The next year we got landed with Moody and now this year it’s Snape. That little-“

“Ron!” Hermione shoots Ron a look at the foul name he’d called Snape.

“Sorry, Hermione. Anyway, that git takes points for everything we do, except for the Slytherins of course - favors them and all. Hermione answers questions correctly, and brilliantly, every single time, and what does he do? He calls her an ‘insufferable know-it-all’ and then takes 10 points! It’s ridiculous.”

Hermione’s cheeks turn lightly pink at the compliment towards her smarts and she shakes her head. “Professor Snape’s always been like that, Ron. No use getting worked up about it.” Remus could tell it bothered her though - there was a sad look in her eyes and, for some reason, he suddenly longed to get rid of everything that troubled her. Just so he could only always see a smile on her face and light in her eyes. Remus shook his head and shoved the thoughts from his mind. He didn’t know where they’d come from but it made him feel slightly odd.

Ron mumbles something foul about Snape and Hermione shoots him a dirty look as they continue making their way closer towards Gryffindor. Remus’ thoughts were starting to get a bit blurry. Between being tired and trying to process everything, his head was starting to hurt. They were nearing the seventh floor and Remus could see the Portrait of the Fat Lady up ahead. She was snoozing as they approached her.

“Um,” Hermione starts tentatively. The Fat Lady awoke with a jerk and blinks at them. “Yes? Hello you three…four. Oh! Don’t I know you from somewhere?” she addresses Remus.

Remus stands there not knowing what to say. Harry spoke up quickly instead. “New student. Balderdash.

“New stu- oh, alright. Go in. I’m sure I’ve seen you about though.” The Fat Lady’s portrait swings open and the group walked in, the portrait closing behind them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Headmaster, what are we going to do about Mr. Lupin?” Dislike laced Severus Snape’s voice. He had stood by Dumbledore’s desk the whole time the four students had been in the room ignoring them for the most part, but it was hard to ignore the hatred he felt towards Remus Lupin. Seeing the boy as his 16 year old self brought back memories to Severus - unpleasant memories. Lupin himself was never verbally rude to Snape, it was always James and Sirius, but the fact that Lupin hung out with them and never did anything to stop the constant abuse led Severus to hate him almost as much as he hated Sirius Black and – especially - James Potter.

“I don’t know, Severus.” Dumbledore admits wearily. “This isn’t exactly the best time for someone from the past, especially the time you and he were in school, to come to the future. I can’t even fathom how it happened in the first place. Obviously it’s because the hourglass broke, but I would have guessed if that happened it would send someone further back into the past. Not the future.” Albus Dumbledore stood up and began to pace the floor, his hands clasped behind his back. “We don’t have much time to spare. Voldemort’s getting stronger and gaining more followers every day. If we are to succeed with our current plan of action we need to work quickly. I’ll have Harry in for another meeting in the next couple of days. This weekend,” Dumbledore stops pacing and stares out the window towards the almost full moon, “I must travel again. I will let the rest of the staff know, by tomorrow, of Mr. Lupin’s arrival and Poppy can help him Sunday night.”

Snape nods and heads for the door. “And the potion? Would you like me to brew some for him?”

“No.” Dumbledore shook his head, turning to Snape. “As much as I’d like to, for I know it is very painful for him, we will refrain from giving the Wolfsbane potion to him. The less he learns about this time period the better. You and I can both guess what could happen to him if he’s sent back knowing too much.”

“You’re right.” Severus nods, hardly feeling sorry for Remus Lupin at all. He’d merely asked about the potion because he’d been concerned for the safety of the rest of the school. “I’m going to head back now. Goodnight, headmaster.”

Dumbledore goes back to his desk. “Goodnight, Severus. Don’t forget what we talked about earlier.”

“I won’t.” Severus shook his head, looking solemn. “I’ll keep my eye on the boy and offer my assistance if necessary.”

“Thank you, Severus.”

Severus Snape nods once more then left the office.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Gryffindor house was very familiar to Remus and he felt better just seeing it. It was home away from home. Warm and cozy, the fire was going in the fireplace. That reminds Remus…

“What day is it?” The day he’d left in his time was October 31st, Halloween day.

“October 31st.” Harry replies. “Was that the day you left?” Remus nods in reply.

Hermione yawns and stretches. “We still have classes tomorrow, so I’m heading off to sleep. Night, boys.” She heads off up the staircase, mumbling something about getting up early enough to get to the library before class. Remus caught himself watching her as she went.

“Absolutely mental.”

Remus turns at Ron’s voice. “What is?”

Ron sighs. “She is! Getting up earlier than breakfast just to get to the library? Who does that? Well, other than her obviously. It’s madness.”

“I do it all the time.” Remus replies a bit sharper than necessary. He was starting to notice how normal it was for Ron to say something insulting towards or about Hermione. It surprised Remus how much it bugged him.

“Madness.” He repeats, shrugging. “Night.” He heads up the stairs, leaving Remus with Harry.

Harry shifts and Remus suddenly notices how uncomfortable he looks. “Is something wrong?”

“No. I just wanted to ask…” he shook his head, “never mind. It’s late, I’ll ask you later, let’s get upstairs. I’ll show you the dorm you’ll be staying in ‘till we can get you back.” Harry motions for Remus to follow him and they head up the stairs. Remus was curious as to what Harry wanted to ask him, but he’d wait until Harry felt like bringing it up again.

All of the seventh year boys were asleep when Remus and Harry entered the dorm. “The empty bed’s over there.” Harry whispers and points. Remus nods when he spots it and turns to thank Harry for all his help. Harry smiles warmly and waves a hand. “Don’t mention it. You’re a great guy, Remus. We’ll figure out how to get you back. Sleep well, alright?” With that, Harry turned and left the dorm.

Remus waves night to Harry and heads over to sit on the bed. Propping himself up with the pillows, he leans back and sighs. Now that he was sitting down, he didn’t feel as tired anymore. I have to remain positive. He thinks to himself. There’s a way for me to get back. There has to be, and Dumbledore will find it. He’s brilliant. A second voice enters his mind. Yeah, and he also said you’d become a great professor. That’s not entirely brilliant is it? Remus shakes his head. Hermione, Harry, and Ron said so too. So shush you. Whenever Dumbledore offers me that job, I’m going to take it. Remus settles under the covers and stares up at the ceiling. It only takes a few minutes, which feels like hours, until he finally drifts off to sleep.

Last edited by Remus Lupin on September 5th 2010, 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 3rd 2010, 3:57 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

OMG!

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! IT'S SO WELL WRITTEN AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE!!!!

~flails~

*huggles you til you feel better*
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson September 3rd 2010, 6:20 am

AWESOME.

YOU ARE AMAZING.

I LOVE YOU.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 11:04 pm

AHHHH *blushes* THANKS YOU GUYS!!

I'LL FINISH IT SOON AND WILL BE ABLE TO PUT CHAPTER 8 UP RIGHT AFTER. XD
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 4th 2010, 5:29 pm

Chapter 8.

The plan was perfect- as long as Peter managed not to get caught.

Peter sighs, counting down the time till potions class. Not that he was upset about it - not at all. In fact, he was thrilled that for once it was he who got to be at the top of the prank. It would be he who got to scare everyone.

Unfortunately, this time around, if things didn’t go perfectly, he could find himself getting tossed into one of Slughorn’s class’ potions experiments.

Why?

Because they were working with dead rats in potions class today. And it just so happened that Peter and his friends were animagi- Peter’s animal being a rat.

It was a simple plan. Simple, but brilliant in the Marauder’s point of view. As the time drew nearer though, Peter could not help but run all the things through his head that could go wrong. It made his stomach twist. Unfortunately he wasn’t allowed to be sick until the prank was over.

James Potter leaned forward across the desk, surreptitiously tossing a note that landed perfectly in front of Peter. James and Sirius had almost perfected the art of passing notes in class; Peter could never seem to get the hang of it. Peter checked to see if their professor was watching before slowly opening the note. Sirius was now slightly leaning over the desk as well, trying to peek over Peter’s shoulder.

Hey, are you sure you’ll be able to pull it off? You’re looking quite ill.

Peter took a deep breath and quickly scribbled back, folding the note and tossing it lightly over his shoulder – managing to not get caught for once. James caught the note mid-flight and opened it, Sirius leaning against his shoulder to read.

I’ll be fine. Besides I get to throw up afterward right?

Sirius snorted loudly and the teacher’s head turned in their direction.

“Something wrong, Mr. Black?”

“No, sir. A sneeze nothing more.” He blinked innocently.

The teacher gave him a disbelieving look and turned back to the writing on the board, continuing his speech to the class.

Sirius grabbed Peter’s note and quickly wrote a reply, tossing it forward where it landed slightly to the right of Peter’s chair. Peter dropped his quill and bent down to pick it up plus the note.

Yes you can. Don’t worry Pete. It’ll turn out fine they’ll be talking about this for days.

The bell rang signaling the end of class. Peter’s stomach was doing flip flops - not in a good way either. James and Sirius led the way down the hall. Halfway towards the dungeons, the three boys took a slight detour, hiding behind a portrait in a secret stairwell.

“Alright.” Sirius spoke quietly, because people did walk by this particular portrait a lot and they weren’t that far back in the stairwell. “I know you get a little er...jumpy when spooked, Pete, but try not to forget: run straight to James after phase one is complete. He’ll take care of the paint then you can run around the room a bit.” He clapped a hand on Peter’s shoulder, which was shaking slightly. “Don’t get caught and head straight for the bathroom to vomit after you escape. Got it?” Peter nodded slowly. “Good man! Now hurry up and change so we aren’t late for class.”

Peter nodded once more and concentrated on the change. He could feel himself shrinking, slowly, watching the floor getting closer and closer. The rat’s first instinct was to hide. Find some place safe: a hole in the wall or under the bed. Anywhere he could go without being spotted. The rat let out a squeak of terror as it was picked up and stuffed into the pocket of someone’s robes. Someone’s…no, James’. Peter tried to calm himself down and remember the plan. He could not mess this up; he did not want to end up sliced and boiled in someone’s potion today, and he could only imagine what it would look like if he changed back after someone had cut off his tail.

James and Sirius left the secret stairwell and continued on down to the dungeons. Reaching the potion’s classroom, which smelled rather rotten today, they headed to their normal table.

Professor Horace Slughorn entered the room and set a bag on his desk, surveying the class.

“And where is Mr. Pettigrew today?”

“Pete was ill on the way down here, so we took him to the bathroom on the first floor. He said he’d be alright in a bit then he’d head down here.” James answered. The rat squirmed in his pocket and Sirius poked it, warning it to be still.

“Ah,” Slughorn nodded and started on opening the bag. “Well, then. How about Mr. Lupin? He’s absent as well.” James and Sirius exchanged glances. “We’re not entirely sure where he is.”

Slughorn shook his head. “Well. Hopefully both of them will turn up soon. This’ll be an interesting lesson; I doubt they’ll want to miss it. Now, today we’ll be working on a…”

James and Sirius briefly tuned the professor out as they leaned in close together to whisper.

“Are you thinking the same thing I am?” Sirius asked quietly.

James shook his head. “Generally I am, but right now I think we’re on two different thought waves.”

“Moony never misses a class if he can help it. And already today he’s missed two!”

“Oh. Well…” James frowned.

“I’m not saying this isn’t part of his great prank or whatever but think about it. It’s Moony we’re talking about. He wouldn’t go missing classes.”

James and Sirius sat back up as Slughorn was reaching their table. James was staring down at the tabletop and Sirius was staring at the back of kid’s head in front of him, concern in both their eyes.

“…and don’t forget to cut the tail off first. Let’s get started then shall we?” Slughorn was placing a dead rat at each table. Severus Snape was sitting at a table nearby, eyeing a dead rat like he wanted to just cut it up and be done with it. He looked quite put off about something. “For today’s lesson I’ll be dividing you each into pairs. So you’ll want to collect your stuff and move to a different table if I ask you to.”

Slughorn went around the class, dividing students into pairs. Eventually he reached James and Sirius’ table and looked between the two. “I think I’ll split you two up today. Mr. Black you shall work with Ms. Evans,” Sirius could feel the withering look James was giving him. A small groan was heard from the table behind them. “And Mr. Potter you shall work with Mr. Snape. Off to it then.” He headed back to the front of the room. Sirius moved to the table behind the one he was just at. Lily Evans scooted her chair slightly away from him, an annoyed look etched upon her face.

“Well well well, Evans. Shall we commence with our potion making?” Sirius picked up the dead rat and waved one of its front legs at her. “Hello! Would you give me a kiss?” He spoke in a squeaky voice.

Lily gave him a short look of disgust and grabbed the rat from him, ignoring the laughs from students nearby. “You’re disgusting, Black. Let’s just get started.” She sighed and opened her book. And I was looking forward to this lesson too…

James had refused to move from his desk and waited, impatiently tapping a finger on the tabletop, for Snape to move over and join him. When he heard the chair next to him move and books getting set roughly down on the desk, he looked up, a look of disgust and annoyance on his face. “Well, Snivellus. ‘Bout time you got here.” Snape said nothing but started to get the ingredients they needed out. James snuck a bottle out of his pocket and quickly set it with the ingredients that were in front of him.

Grabbing the dead rat, James held it up and shook it slightly. “Poor little guy. Wonder what did him in.”

“You’re actually feeling sorry for something other than yourself for once? What a surprise. Give it here, Potter.” Snape spat, annoyance edging his voice. “Shaking it isn’t going to help us make this potion.” Snape reached for the rat.

James sneered and pulled back, holding the rat out of Snape’s reach. “Don’t come any closer, Snivellus. I don’t want to catch any diseases you may have. Oops!” The rat had slipped out of his hand, falling with a light thump on the floor. “Good thing it’s already dead.” Sighing in exasperation, Snape turned and went back to looking at the potion’s instructions as James leaned down to pick up the rat. Sirius kept stealing glances from the table behind. Picking the dead rat up, James quickly slipped it into his pocket, pulling the live rat, Peter, out. He looked down and winked at the rat before setting it back down on the table.

Peter’s rat eyes quickly tried to adjust to the sudden light. He was still feeling skittish, desperately wanting to look around for a route of escape, but he held still - remembering that their plan depended on it.

“Here ya go, Snivelly.” James set the rat down then used his wand tip to push it over in front of Snape carefully, as if he didn’t want to get to close to the other boy. James felt bad about poking Peter this way, but sacrifices of comfort had to be made for the good of the prank - right? “Make sure you just get the tail, it’d be a terrible shame if you lost some of those delicate fingers of yours.” James smirked and quickly threw a glance over his shoulder. Sirius was watching and shot James a grin.

Both boys were watching as Snape picked up the small blade, pulling the rat closer in front of him – Peter had to resist twitching in disgust because, after all, this was Snape. As Snape was preparing to cut off the rat’s tail, James took the lid off the bottle he’d pulled from his robes earlier. He set it in front of himself, slightly to the right. The blade got nearer and nearer.

Suddenly the rat let out a very loud squeak. Snape froze, blade mere centimeters from the rat’s tail.

Some of the other students sitting nearby had heard the squeak. They looked over in surprise. Weren’t the rats supposed to be dead?

James snickered quietly and waited for the rat to move. He did not have long to wait. Quickly the rat’s head lifted off the table, turning to fix its eyes on the blade – then the person holding the blade. With another squeak, the rat leaped up and ran – straight into the open bottle James had set in on the table. It fell over, dark red paint splattering the tabletop and rat as it ran.

The rat jumped off the table and ran towards the front of the room, winding its way through students’ legs. James made a small attempt to go after it - just so it would look like he tried at least - but soon gave up, heading back to his chair.

Squeals and shrieks filled the air as the reddened rat ran throughout the room; the red paint making it look bloody.

“What is going on here?” Slughorn, who had not noticed the disturbance, finally got up from his desk when he heard the first couple of shrieks. He quickly spots the moving rat; his eyes widening in surprise. “Merlin’s beard! I thought they were all dead!”

“They were, professor. Apparently one was still living.” Snape commented, shooting James a look. He didn’t know how, but he just knew this was James and Sirius’ doing.

“Honestly, Snivellus, he said they were all dead. How can something that’s dead just come back to life again? Your stupidity will, forever, astound me - just like that greasy hair of yours. Why don’t you do us all a favor and just shave it off?” James smirked and tossed his stuff into his bag; Sirius was doing the same. They needed to make a quick getaway. Some of the surrounding students laughed at James’ comments.

[STUPID COMPUTER DELETED THE LAST BIT OF IT. I'LL FINISH IT LATER.]
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 4th 2010, 5:42 pm

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER! ~flails~

YOU ARE BRILLIANT, AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson September 4th 2010, 5:44 pm

IT'S SO GOOD!

-is still giggling-
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Krum - Inactive September 4th 2010, 5:44 pm

OMG
I LOVE IT

The rat had slipped out of his hand, falling with a light thump on the floor. “Good thing it’s already dead.”
That was my favorite bit though. I can so see James saying that! -giggles-
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Viktor Krum - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 4th 2010, 5:47 pm

*flails* Thanks guys!!

OMG Luna! XD HAHAHAHA I died laughing when I wrote that.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane September 4th 2010, 6:00 pm

It's awesome!!! ~flails~
I like the bit Luna quoted too!!!
I can't wait for more!!!!!
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2