Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kitchens

+28
Sirius Black
Lucy Weasley
Kiora Lupin
Draco Malfoy
Fleur Delacour - Inactive
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Alice Prewett
Mya Lupin
Remus Lupin
Rolf Scamander
Gideon Prewett
Evan Rosier - Inactive
Penelope Rosier
Claire McCann
Apolline Delacour - Inact
James Potter - Inactive
Dean Thomas
HorcruxHunter
Daphne Greengrass
Molly Prewett
Scorpius Malfoy
Fred Weasley - Inactive
Nikki Orwell
Romilda Vane
Angela Braddock
Katie Bell
Ravenclaw Mod
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
32 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Kitchens - Page 39 Empty Re: The Kitchens

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 4:14 am

Molly, who has practically crawled inside a cupboard searching for said spoon, calls back, "I'm on it!" After a minute, she emerges, holding up the wooden spoon like a trophy. "Got it! I don't, like, even know how it ended up in there because wooden spoons totally belong in the drawer, not the cupboard. Anyway, here," she grins, handing it over and checking on Dem's progress. "Looking pretty right so far," she chirps. "So anything exciting happen lately?"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 4:20 am

"Thanks!" Demelza said taking the spoon and starting to mix. "No. Nothing exciting has happened to me. Has anything interesting happened to you?" Demelza asked continuing to mix.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

http://thiscouldmeandanger.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 4:26 am

Molly hoists herself up on the bench to watch Dem work, because she's totally not bad at cupcakes at all, as long as they cook them right. She starts twirling her hair around her finger. "Well there was a seventh year party, and one of my brothers got me into that. Which totally turned out to be a bad idea, because then he ended up meeting the guy I'm seeing in an amazingly awkward way. Like, seriously. I didn't even know awkward before that conversation. Whatever, it all worked out in the end. Oooh, try and get some of those lumps a little less lumpy," she advises.

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 4:31 am

"Well, at least it all turned out alright in the end." Demelza said as she was mixing, trying to make the lumps so away. "I didn't know you were seeing someone! Thats awesome! Who is he?" Demelza asked Molly.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 4:39 am

Molly grins. "Yeah, and at least I didn't have to kick Gid in the shins this time - one day I think I'm totally gonna cripple him doing that, and then Mum will probably send a Howler. And then I'll have to send one back. And it'll be, like, this huge Howler war. Yeah, like that - your mix is looking way better now and you're almost ready for the cases. His name's Kingsley - he's a seventh year in Gryffindor too," Molly says, smiling.

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 4:47 am

"Oh yay!" Demelza says stirring faster so she can put the mix in the cases. "I don't think I've met Kingsley. Whats he like?" Demelza asked curiously.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 4:56 am

"You're ready for the cases now," Molly says, handing the pan over. "Kingsley is... well, he's one of those people where you'd know him if you saw him, you know? He's just, like, this huge black man-mountain type guy that looks kinda scary but he's actually really sweet. Doesn't say much, though. But he's hot," she giggles. "So are there any cute boys in your year?"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 5:03 am

Demelza takes the pan and starts to put the mixture in. "Well, no one has really caught my eye yet. I sort of keep to myself a fair bit as well though, so I don't actually know everyone in my year." Demelza explained to Molly.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 5:10 am

Molly nods, watching Dem work. "That's totally fair enough. Though you don't have to know people to check them out," she reminds Demelza with a little giggle. "You know - for future reference. I think you're ready for baking now! Oh, and don't forget to set the timer, like, super carefully. Timing is everything in baking."

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 5:14 am

Demelza giggled at what Molly said, then picked up the tray and went over to the oven. She put the tray in and set the timer for the right amount of time. Now all they had to do was wait. "What do you usually do when you are waiting for things to cook?" Demelza asked Molly wondering what she was supposed to do waiting for the cupcakes to bake.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 7:35 am

Molly shrugs. "Well a lot of the time when I bake I make, like, a day of it. So once something goes in the oven I start on the next thing so that I can just, like, keep swapping pans and trays and stuff over, you know? Plus there's always cleaning up to do, but then sometimes it's just easier to do this," she explains, waving her wand to send their mess to the sink, where it starts cleaning itself. "Or I make sammiches!"
She swings her legs back and forth, hitting her heels against the cupboards as she's still perched on the counter top. "See, a lot of the time, there's a random sibling or two around and I'm, like, always feeding them."

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 7:53 am

"Ah, ok." Demelza said after Molly was finished explaining what she does while she is waiting for things to bake. "So, you bake and cook things quite often?" Demelza asked Molly, astounded at how much she knew about cooking and baking.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 8:02 am

Molly nods with enthusiasm, a big smile on her face. "Since I was a little kid. I love it, I really do. My grandma taught me a few things when I was about five or six or something - barely able to see over the counter, anyway - and since then I've just always wanted to be in the kitchen. Been experimenting ever since! It sort of helps that my Mum is, like, the world's worst cook, so the kitchen is totally my territory at home," she confides with a little giggle. "What made you want to learn to bake better?"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 8:06 am

"I don't know. I've always loved to bake, its just I've never really been any good at it, but now I just really want to improve." Demelza explained to Molly.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 8:16 am

"Baking is awesome, isn't it? And not to worry - with me helping you out, you'll be a pro in no time!"
At that moment, the timer goes off and Molly tosses oven mitts over to Demelza.
"Here you go, Dem - time to see how it worked out! Now when you get them out of the oven, just press the tops of a couple super lightly. It should, like, spring back into place if they're done," she chirps.

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 8:21 am

Demelza caught the oven mitts that Molly gave her and walked over to the oven while putting them on. She then opened the oven and took the tray out and placed it on a counter and after taking her gloves off she pressed a few of them lightly and they sprang right back into place. "They're all done!" Demelza said to Molly. "Now do we make icing?" She asked.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 8:31 am

Molly tests for herself, her face breaking out into another grin as she gets to give the Official Molly Prewett Seal of This Food Is Awesome. "Good stuff," she says approvingly. "Now, icing. Let's do a basic buttercream frosting, ok? Which means we're going to need butter, sugar, and I'll teach you a nifty little spell to get the whisk to work quick enough because your arm will fall off before you're finished otherwise," she laughs. "At home I use an electric beater - I have the best mixmaster in creation, you know - but obviously that's not going to work here!"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 8:35 am

Demelza grabs out the butter and sugar and put them in a bowl ready to make the icing. "Ok, what do I do now?" Demelza asked.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 8:47 am

"Ok, grab your want, hold it above the bowl and make this motion," she says, demonstrating a circular motion with her own wand. Then she teaches Dem the incantation. "You want to keep the spell up until the butter and sugar have combined completely, then finite will end the spell."

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 8:51 am

Demelza takes her wand out of her pocket and holds it above the bowl. She then recites the spell that Molly told her to say. She kept it up until the butter and sugar were fully combined. She then said finite. "Now do I spread the icing on top of all of the cupcakes?" Demelza asked.
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 9:20 am

"Perfect!" Molly grins. "Yeah, just spread away to your heart's content and then when you're done, you've got yourself a successful batch of cupcakes!" she says excitedly, because hanging out and baking stuff always makes Molly happy.
[I'm sorry I poofed for so long! I only seem to have half a brain today! *hugs*]

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 9:27 am

Demelza grabbed a clean spoon and spread icing on all of the cupcakes. She had succusfully baked something! "Would you like one?" Demelza asked Molly, picking one up and offering it to her.

[Its ok! *hugs*]
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 9:31 am

[*huggles and shakes head to clear the wrackspurts*]

Molly takes it with a smile. "Sure! I have to, like, test them now, don't I?" She takes a bite and closes her eyes, savouring the taste as she chews. Finally, she swallows and opens her eyes. "Well," she says at length, "I'd call that a successful attempt! That's totally awesome, Dem. Well done - you so need to try one for yourself. Your family is not gonna know what hit 'em when you get home!"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins August 21st 2010, 9:37 am

Demelza took one out of the tray and started eating it slowly to savour the taste. "Yum! This is so good! They sure won't know what happened!" Demelza then finished the rest of the cupcake. "Thank you so much for teaching me how to bake cupcakes! It was so much fun and they are delicious."
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin August 21st 2010, 9:40 am

"You're totally welcome!" Molly says with sincerity. "I had heaps of fun. And hey, maybe we can do this again soon before 1.0 ends or something? I mean, there's cakes, cookies, all manner of things to learn if you're interested?"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next