Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Owlery

+6
Krasimir Svetkova
Louis Weasley
Emily Prescott
Teddy Lupin
Dominique Weasley
Lily Evans
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Owlery - Page 4 Empty Re: The Owlery

Post  Reed Dawson October 1st 2011, 6:05 am

Reed would usually make some excuse at this point and flee only to hid in his room for about a week straight, but there was something intriguing about this boy. That made Reed nervous because he had never really felt like that before. "I-I'm Reed by the way. Reed Dawson." He was glad he didn't have his mothers last name, because if this guy new fashion, he would probably know his mother. "Um..wh-which house are you in?" Why in the world was he stuttering like a fool? This was so embarrassing. Maybe he should just flee and pretend none of this ever happened.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

http://gayguyshpandglee.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova October 1st 2011, 6:10 am

Yeah...and, just for fun, we'll say Kras is quite a fan of Reed's mother. Hehe. *is evil* So it's probably good Reed doesn't have the same last name. "Reed? Oh, I like that name. Why does everyone get to have awesome names? Mine's so common and boring. Well, it's not common here, but it is back in Bulgaria." Kras pouted. "I'm Krasimir Svetkova. Aaaaand I'm in Hufflepuff. Which is awesome cause yellow is my top favorite color." And Kras just thinks Reed has a stuttering problem, but he won't judge him, because, hey, everyone has little things like that they have to live with.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson October 1st 2011, 6:20 am

Reed blushed, again, and picked non existent lint off his coat. "I like your name." And he really did. He always liked 'foreign' names because they seemed so interesting. "A-and I'm in Hufflepuff too. Can't believe I've never seen you in there. Then again I tend to just stay in my dorm except for class and eating and stuff." Why would he admit that, it made him seem like a big loser. Merlin he felt so stupid right now. He glanced up at Krasimir then back down. "I'm sorry...you probably have somewhere to be..I can..l-leave you alone now. Sorry."
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova October 1st 2011, 6:34 am

Kras' face lights up a bit when Reed admits to liking his name. Well, that was nice. No one besides his family members and Andrei before has ever told him that they liked his name. It's somewhat hard to believe, because he doesn't like the name himself, but it is nice just hearing that. "Huh...if you stay in your dorm all the time then no wonder we haven't seen each other, cause I'm, like, a total social bumblebee." Yes, he said bumblebee instead of butterfly. It's cause he likes them more. And he won't admit out loud that the reason he loves being around people so much, besides just wanting to make friends, is cause he never wants to be alone. Kras frowns a tiny bit when Reed again says that he can leave if he wants. Did this kid just really not want to be around him? Was that it? That made Kras sad a tiny bit. "Er, well, I really have no where else to be, but if you want me to go I can leave." There had to be some kids hanging about the Great Hall. Maybe he could find some new people to meet.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson October 1st 2011, 6:46 am

AWWW BUMBLEBEES <3

Reed bites his lip a bit. He wished he could be more like this guy, but being homeschooled his whole life didn't give him much time to learn how to be sociable. "Um..." He was having some sort of internal debate. This Krasimir seemed rather nice, but Reed was terrible at just talking to someone that wasn't Jenna. "Well...I..." He looked up and locked eyes with Krasimir's pretty dark eyes. Then he spoke without thinking again, "maybe..if you're not busy that is, we can maybe like..hang out, or whatever. I mean. You don't have to or anything. I just thought, maybe..Nevermind. I'll just..go then." Reed made to leave, but slipped again, this time catching himself on a railing. The slip made him fall a bit closer to where Kras was standing and Reed noticed how good the boy smelled, almost floral like.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova October 1st 2011, 6:57 am

Kras' brain has a very quick, split second, blank out when Reed's blue eyes lock on his. It takes him a second to realize the boy is suggesting they hang out again sometime. What the heck just happened? He mentally shrugs it off and just smiles as Reed speaks. "Sure. I'd like to hang out with- oops! Be careful there." He chuckles as Reed slips again. At least the boy caught himself this time. "Are you heading back to hide out in your dorm? I could always walk back with you." For some reason it suddenly feels like he hasn't had nearly enough time talking to Reed.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson October 1st 2011, 7:06 am

EEEEEP *flails*

Reed clears his throat and stands back up straight, looking up to Kras. He let out a little giggle. "Um. N-no. Well. I actually probably would have. I'm behind on some...stuff." For some reason he didn't feel like mentioning his painting, not wanting to get made fun of. "B-but we can go wherever." For some reason, saying the 'we' made him blush more.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova October 1st 2011, 7:18 am

Um, okay, so hearing Reed giggle was absolutely adorable. It made Kras smile a bit. And he knows he should really let Reed go if he's behind on some stuff, but selfishly he can't help but be happy when he hears the other boy say they could go wherever. It means they still can hang out and he doesn't have to be alone. "I know somewhere we can go!" And with that he reaches out and takes Reed's hand and then drags him off...to somewhere I shall post.

*giggles and dances about like a loon*
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson October 1st 2011, 7:21 am

AND THEN REED DIES FROM THE CONTACT O.O

Reed barely has time to register anything at all before Kras his holding onto his hand and Reed was pretty sure his face was going to explode. It was some sort of miracle that he stayed on his feet. He was stumbling and spluttering after his new friend, not even concerned where they were going, but more thinking about how this boy was holding his hand as if it were completely normal. Was it normal? Reed was already really confused.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Victoria Black October 7th 2011, 1:02 am

Vee walks into the Owlery, presumable to mail a letter to her mum, although she isn't sure she's actually going to send it. It isn't as if she wants a cold response telling her that no, she will not be sent any chocolate, she'll get fat. Which she isn't. Besides, chocolate is good for studying. So maybe the letter won't get sent.... Anyway, she calls down her owl, Egbert, to send a letter to her friend in France.
Victoria Black
Victoria Black
Fifth Year

http://Hogwartskitchens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood October 7th 2011, 1:09 am

Jenna wandered in to the owlery, she wanted to send a few letters. One was for her mom and dad, you know asking the usual, giving the update and asking for chocolate, maybe Dad would oblige. Another was for Henry, asking about the baby, and how things were going anyway, and other Quidditch related inquiries. There was a third letter in her hand, and this one was special, Jenna had written one for Nick! (her nephew). She had hand-drawn him a picture of the giant squid, and told him all of this awesome stuff. And then, guess what happened... she accidentally walked straight into Vee. Again.
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Location : Somewhere eating Nutella or playing Quidditch, or doing both simultaneously.

http://www.belowthewaves36.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Victoria Black October 7th 2011, 1:21 am

And Vee fell down. Again. "This is getting to be something of a habit!" She said laughingly to Jenna. She stood up and brushed herself off, hoping to Merlin that she hadn't landed in owl droppings. "So what brings you to the Owlery on this-" She gazed out the window at the rainy, fog-covered grounds "-Wet day?"
Victoria Black
Victoria Black
Fifth Year

http://Hogwartskitchens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood October 7th 2011, 1:26 am

Jenna reached out her hand to help Vee up. "I'm sorry I knocked you down, I wasn't paying attention. Again." Jenna looked out at the overcast sky, looked like no Quidditch for her today. "And what do you think I'm doing here? I'm sending letters." Jenna waved the envelopes in front of Vee's face to make a point. She was just polite like that, don't argue or she will get mad. Again. Lots of deja fu in this RP scene. Weird.
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Location : Somewhere eating Nutella or playing Quidditch, or doing both simultaneously.

http://www.belowthewaves36.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nymphadora Tonks November 18th 2011, 12:30 am

The wind whistled and howled outside, fog and rain obscured the grounds. A girl slunk into the Owlry and began to climb the rafters, her somewhat worn cloak swishing about. Once settled, she pulled out an acid pop and looked toward the window. Nymphadora Tonks watched the downpour from her perch on a low, considerably clean, rafter. In contrast to the dull weather, today she sported a bright blond pixie-cut. Looking at the owls around her, she pulled a treat from her pocket and clicked her tongue. In response, a small owl flew over, landing on her colorful striped sleeve. As she gave it the treat and pet it, she wondered how to pass the dreary day.

ooc: Anybody feel free to show up. Tonks needs friends Very Happy
Nymphadora Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 18th 2011, 1:04 am

OH MEMEME! Lily's totally starting a Tonks collection now. >.>

Lily drew her robes tighter around her as she climbed the stairs to the Owlery. The weather was foul and she wanted nothing more than to be back in the Gryffindor common room, hogging the best couch in front of the fireplace with a good book but instead she was making the long, cold, dangerous -come winter, ice on smooth stone could be lethal- trek to send a package home for Petunia's birthday. She shivered as she reached the top of the stairs and decided she'd have to tell Potter she definitely had the right idea; Hogwarts needed to look into central heating already. Merlin, but it was getting less and less weird to think about telling Potter anything but what an arrogant prig he was. He was still very much that, but somehow they'd managed to start building a strange variation of... friendship? Ugh, too weird to consider.
Wrapped up in thoughts of James Potter, fireplaces, and icy stairs, Lily finally made it to her destination. She pulled Petunia's neatly wrapped gift from her robes pocket. Stuck firmly on top was a note to her Mum, saying hello and asking her to pass on the gift at the right time because it was easier to have her Mum do it than to deal with Petunia's snapping about sending her freak stuff with her freaky owls as soon as she got home for Christmas. She looked around for an owl big enough to take the package without it being a burden. Her eyes roved over the girl in the rafters with bright blond hair twice before she registered that no, really, that was a girl sitting in the rafters feeding an owl. Lily blinked and tucked her hair behind her ear.
"Erm, don't suppose you fancy taking a package for me?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Nymphadora Tonks November 18th 2011, 2:51 am

ooc: Tonks collection?

Even after over three years here, it wasn't odd for her to be off wandering on her own. She had friends, but quite often she wondered if people were uneasy around her. She knew how to ignore people if needed. Here, she was so caught up in her own thoughts of mischief and wandering and the downfalls of rainy days and how maybe it'd be better to go seem crazy and wander in the rain, Nymphadora barely heard the owls cooing, nevermind footsteps. That is, until the person belonging to the footsteps addressed her.
"Erm, don't suppose you fancy taking a package for me?"
"Me, or the owl?" Jumping down from the rafter she landed with a dull thump in front of the redhead. She tried to take a step and promptly almost tripped over her own feet. Catching herself, she grinned and replied. "Because I apologize, but I can't fly. I can get one of the owls down here for you though. I know that some people actually come here to mail things."
Nymphadora Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 18th 2011, 3:35 am

[Lils' best friend is Ted. Smile]

Lily chuckled at the girl's question when she noticed her. The girl launched herself off the beam and landed in front of Lily pretty impressively, Lily thought, realising with a jolt that she used to do things like that all the time when she was younger -freer. Those days were long since gone. Lily tucked her hair behind her ear and brushed the thoughts off because lots of things were long gone and that was just life. She started forwards a little, free hand outstretched as if to help, when the girl topped off a smooth landing by stumbling over nothing. Smiling back at the smooth recovery, Lily shook her head. "Well I was offering you an unplanned excursion of you wanted, but if you don't fly I suppose that's off the cards. I'll make do with an owl, then. Lucky for you, really - it's dead dull where I live."
She turned her attention to the owls again. "I'm looking for one that could handle this," she explained, lifting the package in her hand slightly. "It's not that big, and it's fairly light, so it shouldn't be a problem."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Nymphadora Tonks November 18th 2011, 7:29 am

"Ah, well, I promise, if I could fly without a broom i'd be flying all day. Can't be that boring where you live, anyway, I live in the middle of nowhere England. I mean, there is lovely countryside, but not a soul in sight." For a moment, Nymphadora let her glance linger on the other girl.
She seems like an old soul. Odd. Youth is fun, why give it up? Ah well. No business of mine. Realizing she'd gotten lost in her pondering, Nymphadora spun around and glanced about at the owls before giving a short whistle and click of her tongue. A pale gray owl flew down and perched on the girls arm. She turned back to Lily with a grin.
"Think this one'll do? I don't send many packages, just think the owls are quite lovely creatures. Though it is odd for them to be this able to read my mind. Usually the great whopping ones will fly over and expect my arm to be a rafter. Ones like this one are about the most my arm'll take. "
She held out the arm with the owl so Lily could tie the package to it's ankle. "By the way, i'm...well, you can call me Nymph. "

Nymphadora Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 18th 2011, 11:27 am

Superman flashed through Lily's mind and she laughed, pausing briefly to wonder what quidditch would look like with all the players donning capes and zooming around the skies broomless. Well, not any more or less ridiculous than they look with brooms, anyway, she decided. "Well it's boring enough where I live - really just a grotty old river and a row of even grottier factories, but at least there's a couple of good bookshops, so I suppose you win that round. But you do get fresh air as a bit of consolation prize," she shrugged lightly.
Her eyebrows rose when a pretty owl just about the right size came at the first summons. She smiled, a little impressed. "Thanks, he's perfect." Quickly, she attached the package to the owl's legs and stepped back. She tucked her hair behind her ear. "All ready. You sure they don't call you the Owl Whisperer, too? It's Lily, by the way."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Nymphadora Tonks November 18th 2011, 5:37 pm

"Ugh. I don't much fancy factories, I like open air." When the package had been tied to the owl, Nymphadora nudged it until it finally jumped off her arm and flew out the window. "Quite sure, though it's not a nickname i'd frown upon, with my name i'd take almost anything instead. I think they recognize someone else who isn't happy with the wet weather. Usually i'm sitting around quite a lot longer feeding them treats from a foot away. Hope that bird does alright in the storm. " She looked out the window after it, and didn't turn back to Lily until it was out of sight.
"Well, hullo then Lily! Judging by your attire, you'd be a Gryffindor? I'm a Hufflepuff. Fourth year. Nice to meet you!" She offered her hand to shake. "
Wonder what she thinks of mischief. Hm. Probably shouldn't ask right out. Maybe about James Potter and Sirius Black? Those buggers are infamous.
Nymphadora Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 19th 2011, 2:41 am

Lily nodded. She'd fancy fresh air if she had the chance at it, too. She watched the owl fly off and blend into the storm clouds, also hoping that the bird would make it to the Evans house intact. "Right, kindred spirits I suppose. I don't mind a good storm so much, it's the cold I can't stand. I keep meaning to suggest central heating to Dumbledore but you know what he's like, it's easy to forget what you were about to say around that man sometimes." She grinned and shook Nymph's hand when it was offered. "Nice to meet you too, Nymph. That's right, I'm in Gryffindor. Although I'd not have minded being in Hufflepuff, really, if the Hat had gone that way. Well, I'd not have minded any house to be honest, but one of my best friends is in Hufflepuff and he makes it seem like a pretty wicked place, actually. Plus, kitchens," she added with a quick little smirk, thinking of hot chocolate with marshmallows on freezing days after her prefect duties.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Nymphadora Tonks November 20th 2011, 5:05 am

"Oh storms can be quite fun, just...you have to be in the mood. Cold is fine in my opinion as long as i've got a good coat." Nymphadora motioned to her cloak. At the mention of Hufflepuff, she grinned. "Not to offend you, but the kitchens don't exactly have open doors and you don't seem like the type to go on in without welcome. Though it's not like i've known you long enough to really know." Nymphadora shrugged. "You've a mate in Hufflepuff? Who? I might know 'em. " Leaning against the stone wall, Nymphadora crossed her arms and watched Lily for her reaction. [i] Huh. I didn't realize many people decided going directly to the kitchens was good. Should ask the house-elves about that at some point.

ooc: Lily's a 5th year, then?
Nymphadora Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 20th 2011, 1:24 pm

"Give me summer anytime, personally. What can I say? I'd rather fry in the sun than freeze in the cold," Lily said with a quick grin and a light shrug. She recalled a conversation she'd had with Ja-- Potter, not too long ago, about how he thought the cold wasn't so bad if you had decent clothes on, and how storms really were actually quite brilliant. She grinned again. "It's alright, I'm starting to think I'm on my own about the weather, but I'll live. Oh. Right, the kitchens technically aren't open to students, are they? But they can't be too hard to find, I know a couple of people who've managed it and if I'd been put in Hufflepuff I'd have made it a project to find out. Maybe I should anyway," she mused. It couldn't hurt, after all. She really only wanted coffee and hot chocolate, and to maybe meet a house elf or two properly. Bringing herself back to the conversation at hand, Lily smiled and shook her head. She wasn't offended at all. "Well I wouldn't go barging in there if I was in the way or something, but Remus says the elves don't mind the intrusion at all. Something tells me they'd have to have pretty high tolerance levels, anyway," she added with a smirk, thinking that she'd have to try pretty hard to make herself more of a handful than the Marauders.

[Nope, she's 6th. Or 7th. That's a little bit hazy sometimes between Pansy (James) and I. >.> Mostly I think we just go with it as 'post Snape's Worst Memory' XD]
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Nymphadora Tonks November 20th 2011, 4:33 pm

[Oh. Okay. I'm playing Nymph as 4th.]

Pausing to watch the rain outside, Nymphadora tried to figure out how much she wanted hot cocoa. "Lily," she said "If you want, I could show you to them now. Dunno if you're busy or not but all this talk of rain and kitchens has given me the biggest hot chocolate craving." In her mind, Nymph remembered how often she'd slunk through the hallways, inevitably tripping at least once on something or other, and barely getting to the kitchens without being caught. It was always tempting to change her face at every corner, but she knew better. That was an abuse of her talent, which wasn't widely known anyway. It took a moment before the name Remus clicked in her head. Wait, she knows Remus...that can only be Remus Lupin. He's one of the Marauders! She can't be that against pranks and such if she's a pal of them. Either way, I won't talk of much more than sneaking into the kitchens...just in case.
Nymphadora Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 21st 2011, 12:10 am

Lily smiled, her green eyes lighting up with the thought. "Hot chocolate, my one weakness. How could I refuse?" She pulled her robes tight around her again, and pulling the sleeves over her hands she played with the cuffs. She motioned towards the door, eyebrows raised to silently ask Nymph if she was ready to go. "It was Ted, by the way. My friend in Hufflepuff. He's in seventh, if you know him? Tall, dark hair, good-looking - not that I'd ever tell him that because he'd just be a big prat about it," she laughed. "But he's a real sweetheart when you get to know him."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum