Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Fanfiction

5 posters

Go down

My Fanfiction Empty My Fanfiction

Post  Angelina Johnson April 21st 2010, 2:23 pm

I only just realised that I hadn't posted these!! They were on the new site, but not here.

All except one are oneshots (single chapter stories), and the other is incomplete. I happened to be in the middle of writing my version of book 7 when the REAL one came out... Oh well. I also have a few more I'm hopefully going to put up soon.

Here's my author page: http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewuser.php?showuid=67946
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

My Fanfiction Empty Re: My Fanfiction

Post  Demelza Robins April 22nd 2010, 1:25 pm

*rushes off to look*
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

http://thiscouldmeandanger.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett May 30th 2010, 3:53 pm

So, I finished this and had it posted on the old forum...

It's Part 3 of a trilogy I've started.

I’ve always known I was a witch; I’m a part of the noble house of Black, whether I like it or not. It was expected, of course, when I received my Hogwarts letter on my 11th birthday, so there was no surprise, no elation. Father wanted to send me to Beauxbatons, the French school, but Mother was uncomfortable sending me so far; and for that, I was grateful. However, they also broke some unexpected news to me that day. I was to be betrothed. I was to be betrothed to a boy I had never met.

‘Narcissa, dear, please step into your father’s study for a moment.’

I shuffled quietly into the spacious study, my ice blue satin dress rustling with every movement. My parents were positioned behind the large mahogany desk as if in a painting, and the ghost of a smile flitted across my face when I saw Mother. Father, however, frowned at the gesture.

‘Narcissa,’ he said gravely, ‘Today is possibly the most important day of your life. Your 11th birthday and your Hogwarts letter arrived, officially confirming your pureblood status. But also, we have some news for you. One of the most noble and ancient pureblood traditions in the wizarding world is betrothal. The Black family has followed this tradition for centuries and now, it is your turn. You are to be betrothed.’

I had not moved all this time, and now I merely blinked. I had known this was coming for more than a year; my older sister, Bellatrix, had told me about it. I was unsure about how I felt about it; I had to be dutiful and produce pureblood heirs, but uncomfortable about being betrothed to someone who was not worthy of me.

‘As we are to begin the selection process once you turn thirteen, it will be some time before a decision is made; years, maybe. But for now, that is all. You may return to your room.’
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett May 30th 2010, 3:55 pm

And yes, I'm breaking this up to attempt to make it easier to read.

Over the weeks and months that followed, I never worried about my betrothal; much as I disliked Father, I trusted Mother and her choices implicitly in this matter. All too soon, however, it was September 1st, and I was off to Hogwarts for the first time. Bellatrix took me to the train; Father was working and Mother rarely left the house, except for society balls and formal functions. On the Hogwarts Express, I met people, people who were pureblood like me, who also hoped to be in Slytherin. I wouldn’t call them friends. I never knew them well enough for that – and besides, Black’s don’t need friends, or so we were taught as children.

On arrival at the wretched station, we were forced into small leaky boats for the trip across the lake to the castle proper. When we finally arrived – damp, shivery, and chilled to the bone – a strict-looking woman in emerald robes greeted us. I had suspected she would be Head of Slytherin, but it so happened she was Head of our rival House – Gryffindor. For a fleeting moment, I almost felt sorry for them. Almost.

After the incredibly boring lecture, Professor McGonagall led us into the Great Hall. I must admit, even though I had heard a few stories about its grandeur and magnificence from Bellatrix, my jaw dropped as I gazed up at the ceiling, which was mirroring the starlit, cloudless night outside. I soon composed myself, however, and prepared for the sorting ceremony. With the surname Black, I didn’t have long to wait before my name was called, and I swiftly walked up to the rickety wooden stool. The Sorting Hat had barely touched my head, when it loudly announced, ‘Slytherin!’.

As I took my seat to thunderous applause, I smiled at Bellatrix, who merely glanced at me before turning away back to her friends. I tried to look complacent, but inside I was confused. Normally Bellatrix was nice enough to me, but obviously here we weren’t related. We certainly didn’t look related; Bellatrix with her pretty, dark lidded eyes and curly ebony hair was my stark opposite, even then. My hair fell straight down to my waist, so blonde it was almost white, and my icy pale blue eyes only enhanced my porcelain skin.

I turned back to the Sorting Hat just in time to hear McGonagall say ‘Malfoy, Lucius.’ Up to the Sorting Hat stepped a small boy, with hair just like mine and cloudy grey eyes. As it had for me earlier in the evening, the Sorting Hat needed very little time to determine that Malfoy was to be in Slytherin also, where he took a seat a little further down the table from me.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett May 30th 2010, 3:56 pm

My first few years at Hogwarts were uninteresting. I attended almost all my classes, and rarely got into any trouble or detentions, keeping myself to myself, and preferring my own company over that of others. In this manner, I passed close to the top of almost every class, although as long as I didn’t fail, Mother and Father paid little attention to me. This pleased me, as I knew my grades would affect the kind of suitors I received. The summers in between school years were spent in our large garden; I was isolated and lonely most of the time, and spent many a day sitting in the garden, whiling away the hours until my return to school the following September.

It was my fourth year when things began to change. Upon entering the Great Hall that year, I felt different. I felt more mature, as if I had finally come into my own being. I was confident, and could feel my newfound inner strength radiating from me. The whole atmosphere in the Great Hall seemed different, too. And when I saw Malfoy, he was no exception. He had grown a lot since the day we had met, both of us tentative and shy first years. He was sculptured and tall, with chiselled features and high cheekbones. My eyes swept his white blonde hair, which was so much like mine; his cold, cloudy grey eyes swept the Hall, challenging anyone to defy him. As our eyes connected, I felt a jolt. His beautiful eyes bored right through me, as if he could see my soul. My heart skipped a beat, and I could feel my cheeks heating up. I quickly averted my eyes and looked down at the floor, trying to hide my blush. I was perplexed; I never blushed, was never embarassed.

Somehow, Malfoy knew my reaction. When I turned back to my table, he was smirking at me, and as I watched he came and sat next to me.

‘Why, hello,’ he said, a grin playing on his lips.

‘Hello,’ I replied icily.

‘Miss Black, isn’t it?’

‘My name is Narcissa.’

‘Well then, Narcissa, may I accompany you to Potions class?’

‘If you must.’

And as much as I hated to admit it, I had already begun to set in motion events which would affect my future, and my future happiness for years to come. Over the following weeks, we began to sit together in classes, and saw each other outside classes also, helping each other with our homework. Until one day, Malfoy said something that surprised me.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett May 30th 2010, 3:57 pm

We were working on our latest Transfiguration essay together by the common room fire late one night, sitting side-by-side on the floor in silence with our books and parchment strewn about us. It was nearing midnight and the common room was otherwise deserted, as we diligently studied

‘Narcissa?’

‘Yes?’

‘How are you doing on your essay?’

I didn’t look up from my essay as I replied, ‘Almost done, you?’

‘Getting there. Can you have a look at mine for me?’

I moved over, sitting closer to Malfoy, and pulling his essay over to face me. My eyes scanned the essay, seeing nothing amiss. I turned to face Malfoy with a smile.

‘It’s really good, Malfoy. At least an E.’

Malfoy reached out and brushed back a strand of hair behind my ear. I smiled again at the gesture.

‘You can call me Lucius, you know.’

‘I know.’

I reached up to the hand the held my hair, and entwined my fingers in his. He smiled as he leaned forwards, eyes closing. My insides started to churn, and I suddenly felt quite nervous. I leaned forwards as well, closed my eyes, and he pressed his lips to mine.

That was the beginning of something, something which was – and I had trouble admitting it – wonderful. We studied together, as always, but when nobody was around, we snatched small moments as we could. The holidays seemed, once again, to approach too soon, and I was lamenting being away from Lucius. But, we were not to be apart for too long.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett May 30th 2010, 3:57 pm

Early in that summer, I was once again called into Father’s study. Nothing had been changed or moved since I was last summoned, just before my first year, excepting the papers on the desk.

‘We have been attempting to find you a possible partner, and we have a list of appropriate suitors for you. We will be hosting a ball tomorrow evening, and they shall attend with their families. We will then allow you to choose your suitor from these men, and you shall be betrothed to him, to marry after you graduate from Hogwarts.’ Father paused, turning to Mother who gave him a weary smile. ‘That is all for now.’

Outwardly, I stayed calm, but I was worried. I did not want to have to choose a future husband based on a few short minutes conversation over the course of one evening. However, I had to trust my parents’ judgement. I had nothing else to guide me, no friends or relatives to turn to. So, I assisted with the preparation, and shortly before the guests were due to arrive, I dressed in my finest gown of emerald green silk, and descended the main staircase to the ballroom. The guests were all arriving by Floo powder, and I stood near the fireplace with Mother and Father, Bellatrix sitting alone on one of the many sofas lining the walls. Greeting them, I felt oddly detached, as boy after boy felt unsuitable to be my husband. I knew that only the suitors Mother and father approved had been invited, and that they were all pureblood, but that didn’t make my decision any easier.

Until, that is, I caught a glimpse of blonde hair behind a regal looking couple. It was Lucius, and it took almost all of my self control not to acknowledge him in any way, as I knew my parents wouldn’t condone any relationship other than my betrothal. So, we merely smiled as we were introduced, but inside my heart was thumping, and my heart ached to hold his hands in mine.

Once all the guests had arrived, Mother and Father encouraged me to mingle as I picked at the sumptuous food the house elf had prepared. I took a glass of pumpkin juice in one hand, and wandered off in search of Lucius, but before I could locate him, I was asked to dance by another boy. I couldn’t even remember his name, and as one dance was followed by another, I soon lost track of who I was dancing with, where I was, what I was supposed to be doing.

Finally, I saw Lucius as he made his way towards me. We didn’t speak, but he pulled me close as we slowly swayed in time to the music, and I rested my head on his shoulder. I could see Mother and Father watching, as well as most of the other suitors, so I closed my eyes. When we stopped dancing, I opened my eyes and Lucius was standing beside me. We approached my Mother and Father, and I took his hand as we stepped up to speak to them.

‘Mother and Father, this is Lucius Malfoy. This is whom I choose.’

THE END.

If you read this far, thanks and I hope you liked it!
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin May 31st 2010, 4:39 am

OMR OMR OMR OMR OMR OMR OMR OMR OMR I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!!! *flails*
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett May 31st 2010, 9:02 am

This is SO cool. I really love your writing style! Can't wait for more! *flails*
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett May 31st 2010, 11:02 am

Thank you my dears!

There will be more, but Bellatrix/Rudolphus and Dromeda/Ted. And you may have to wait a while...
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett May 31st 2010, 11:04 am

*flails* YAY *waits patiently*
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down