Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draco's Apartment

3 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Draco's Apartment - Page 5 Empty Re: Draco's Apartment

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy April 22nd 2011, 6:21 am

"Well then I'll have to save up my sandwich money to afford a decent coat for myself. Can't let myself and the little one get cold." Pansy smiled softly, her hands cradling around herself warmly. "Please." She got up and followed him into the kitchen, watching as he prepared to fix himself some coffee and searched through the cabinets and such. She got down two mugs for them, sitting them on the counter by the coffee maker. "It's so strange to think about being a mother." Pansy stared off at nothing in particular, leaning against the counter with her hand resting lazily across her stomach. Slight worry crossed her face as she realized she didn't really have any sort of idea how to be a mother. Her own mother wasn't much of one, as most pureblood mothers tended to be. The house elves took care of the babies, and though her father had always been rather close to her, and it wasn't like her mother ignored her in the least, she just knew she wanted to be better. But there was the problem - she didn't know how to be better.

"Draco, I've no idea how to be a mother." She didn't bother to hide the fear in her expression anymore. Even if she tried, Draco would see through it and know she was terrified anyway. "I don't know what I'm doing. I feel like I can hardly take care of myself, so how can I possibly be responsible for another little girl. I'll be her everything." Pansy looked down at her feet, her eyebrows pressed together a little. "I know I've still got a handful of months before she'll arrive, but..." She chewed on her lip in silence for a few moments, trying to imagine herself holding her baby, smiling and talking to her, watching her grow and feeding her and teaching her things and taking care of everything she needed, but she found herself lost, and terrified as she realized she didn't know very much about babies. It had always been Scorpius doing all the studying on how they grew, what they needed, how to care for them. Sure he'd read some of it to her, but it scared Pansy to realize she'd left most of the learning up to him, and now she was on her own. "I'm not ready."
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy April 26th 2011, 5:32 am

Draco rolled his eyes and nudged her with his foot, "Pans, don't worry about saving up for a coat, I'm here to help you and making sure you don't freeze is part of that. Save it for something else you want, not something you need." He made himself a coffee, finished up her tea and had just taken a sip of his latte when she spoke again. He stood there and let her get her thought out before he put down the cup and stepped forwards, pulling her into a hug and wrapping his arms around her. He leaned his cheek against her head and sighed slightly.

"I get what you mean, but you'll be amazing. I know it's scary but you'll figure it out." He wished there was some magical way that he could make her feel better about this but he knew short of reading every book on the planet there wasn't anything right now. When she had her little girl in her arms it would all work itself out, he knew that. He turned his face and pressed a kiss to her hair, "And I'm here for you, I always will be Pans. We'll get through this together I promise." He decided that tomorrow he was going to go out to the british book shop and find a book on babies to bring back for them both to read. Squeezing her one more time he let go and looked down at her, "Want to take the drinks upstairs and get an early night?" He brushed her cheek with his fingers, "It's been a long day for both of us."
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

http://skylinepassion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy April 28th 2011, 3:14 am

Pansy relaxed into him when he hugged her, hiding her face in the dip between his neck and shoulder. She was shaking a little, but finally having someone to hold onto her, to really hug her and make her feel like it was genuine and that they would be there to help her, well that hadn't happened in a while. She still found it hard to believe that Draco was being this accommodating for her, but she figured she had better get used to that thought. Especially after all that had happened today at the doctor's office, with their kiss and the discussion about it afterward, to try being together again, but without expectations or a label. And even if it was only for the baby, as strange as it was, seeing that it wasn't even Draco's baby, part of her was okay with that. If they could just get along to try and give this little girl a good start, they could figure some things out. And from there if they worked things out and got back together, or simply put Pansy back on her feet so she could start over on her own, she was okay with that. "Thanks, Draco. I really honestly can't express to you how much this all means to me."

She blinked up at him as he pulled away, reaching up to swipe a sneaky tear from her lower eyelid before it escaped."Sure." She picked up her teacup again, refilling it and following him into the living room and up toward the ladder. She used her wand to levitate her teacup up to the bedside table, not wanting to risk either dropping it while climbing the ladder, or falling because she was worried about her tea. It was still relatively early in the pregnancy, but a fall could do terrible things no matter the time. Once up there, she grabbed her pajamas and went back down to the bathroom to change into them, wanting to be a little more comfy. Heading back up the ladder, she circled around to the far side of the bed and crawled into her place, making sure to leave plenty of room for Draco to spread out on the other side, his first night back in his own bed since she'd gotten here quite some weeks ago.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy April 28th 2011, 8:10 pm

Draco watched to make sure she got up the stairs alright as he went into the kitchen to get them some waters and took them up on a tray with his coffee as she changed. Flicking on the bedside lights he set everything next to the bed and went back downstairs again. He grabbed his sleep shirt and boxers and went into the bathroom when she finished. After brushing his teeth, going to the bathroom and turning off all the kitchen and downstairs lights aside from the small nightlight in the wall that was there to make sure they didn't fall and die if they had to go anywhere in the dark, he grabbed a book and climbed back up the ladder and lifted the blankets, sliding into the bed next to her.

Leaning back he fixed the pillows so he could sit slightly up and grabbed his coffee taking a sip and flipping open the book. He glanced over at her and smiled, "I think I'll read for a bit, are you going to sleep now?" He flicked his book open and angled the light so it wasn't aimed as much at her in case she wanted it a little darker to sleep. He opened the book to the page he was on and leaned back, reaching over her to put her water on her side of the bed so when she wanted a drink she had one. He put his hand on hers for a second, squeezing lightly. He hoped that in the coming weeks she would become more confident about being a mother. She was going to be a wonderful mother, he could tell already just by how she was looking after the baby in her belly and even how she treated others. She had softened since school ended but it wasn't a type of mushy gushy softening, she had just become more tolerant and willing to both accept help from others and give help to those who needed it.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy April 28th 2011, 8:52 pm

Pansy tugged the blanket up over her shoulders, settling down into her pillow with a sigh. She glanced over as Draco crawled in, pulling out a book and turning the lights away from her. "Yeah, I think I will sleep. I'm worn out. Physically, mentally, everything." She curled up like she usually did, turning onto her left side like the doctor had told her to because it offered better circulation for the baby. "Night, Draco." She closed her eyes, and though she laid there awake for a long while with her thoughts swirling endlessly around her head, worry after worry and fears and frustrations, finally she managed to fall asleep.

She truly had softened since Hogwarts. There, she'd have pulled her wand on anyone who bumped her shoulder in the hallway, would have dueled them to death or another equivalent form of surrender given the opportunity. She thrived on conflict, on fighting, on proving dominance and making those who opposed you shake in terror. She wanted to be everything, wanted to be respected and feared and known for her dueling prowess, her way of never backing down and defending her friends and herself to no end and no limit. She had a sharp tongue, took no nonsense, and had few if any she truly considered a friend. Even by the end of it, after she had screwed things up with Draco but before she left with Scorpius, she was more war machine than human. She had used the cruciatus as many times as any death eater, and more effectively than most. She had no friends left by the time she ran onto that rocketship after Scorpius.

But to look at her now, she wasn't even the same person. The intensity that had crept into her face at Hogwarts had left, replaced by something softer and gentler. Her hair which she had kept maintained perfectly was now given a bit of free reign, the soft curls falling however they wished, or simple tamed into a braid if they were unmanageable that particular day. Her walk had changed too. She no longer strutted with a commanding presence about her, as if she thought her boots could trample any thoughts of rebellion. She was gentle. Meek, even. But the biggest change of all was that she was genuinely afraid. She always said before that nothing scared her, and though many thought it was a lie, it was nothing but the truth. Nothing scared Pansy in her dark times at Hogwarts, not even dying. But now, she was petrified. She was going to be a mother, and though her personality had already taken a vast improvement with the 360 that the events of the past few months had on her, she still had a lot of growing up to do. A lot had happened to the seventeen year old, but that was just it. She was only seventeen and was now trying to be the adult that she had never worried about becoming.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy May 10th 2011, 6:19 pm

Draco read for a while, finishing up his coffee as she fell asleep beside him. He couldn’t stop his eyes from flicking over to look at her, curled on her side next to him. He remembered so many times before like this, lying with her as she slept after they had been married, all the plans they had made for the future and she would fall asleep, curling into a little ball, and he would wrap himself around her to protect her, knowing she could take care of herself yet still wanting her to let him be her savior. He guessed now he got his wish, even if the situation was unexpected. After reading for a while longer he put his book to the side and turned the light off. He scooted down in the bed and turned onto his side, facing her before he closed his eyes, the warmth and the softness of his mattress lulling him quickly to sleep.

Waking up the next morning Draco was a little surprised as to where he was but remembered their conversation last night and settled back down only to notice something else strange. Moving his hand up he felt hair and it was way too far down his chest to be his own. He opened his eyes and looked down to see Pansy’s slight frame wrapped around his side, her head leaning against his shoulder. He smiled and lay there happily for a while, making sure to stay still so he didn’t wake her. Slipping his arm out from under her, he made sure that she had a pillow beneath her head before getting up and heading downstairs. He went into the kitchen and made her a cup of tea, getting himself a coffee before taking them both upstairs and sitting down next to her, gently waking her up and giving her the drink.

Four weeks later and their routine had changed again, settling comfortably. Most mornings now he got up before her and brought her tea in bed, sometimes with some toast or fruit if it was late. She had started taking more naps and the kitchen stayed fully stocked at all times what with her new snacking addiction. She was bigger now as well, her pregnancy now visible to people who didn’t know about it, no longer looking like a weekend of chocolate binging. As with every day Draco dragged himself from the warm bed, putting a pillow under her head and getting their drinks. As he came back up he sat down, putting his coffee to the side, very glad that she wasn’t taking offense to the smell of it yet, and brushing her hair back, waiting for her to wake up. He knew that she started to wake up when he got out of bed and that by now she was just keeping her eyes shut so she didn’t have to be awake.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy May 10th 2011, 8:46 pm

Out of habit, Pansy woke in the middle of the night to find that she had slid over in bed during her sleep, curling up right next to Draco. It was subconsciously done, that she would snuggle up next to whoever was sharing her bed with her. She had done it every night that she and Draco had been married and gone to bed, and she had done it on Mars with Scorpius as well. It only made sense that the return of a large warm figure in bed with her would bring about the same old actions, clinging to him to keep her warm and make her feel safe. Mornings fell into a comfortable routine. Draco always woke before she did, but him getting up out of bed always managed to wake her. Even if it weren't the movements waking her, something in her noticed his presence leaving, and she woke up before he'd gotten to the bottom of the ladder. Tea and sometimes breakfast in bed every morning while they talked or glanced over the paper, or just enjoyed sitting in a comfortable sleepy silence for a while, and then they would get up and get ready for work.

She took more breaks now, and snacked much more often. Though Draco often reminded her to, it wasn't wholly necessary. Her breaks to go home and get in a little nap were a much needed and greatly welcomed part of every workday. Weeks passed, and she entered the nineteenth week of her pregnancy. She could feel the baby moving around inside her from time to time, and she finally looked pregnant rather than just a little fat. It was clearly a small baby bump, and for whatever reason, everyone loved to touch it. It was late November by now, and the weather had started showing a little preview of how the winter in Paris was going to be. Pansy still wore the light dresses that Alix's sister had given to her, but kept her feet warm with a new pair of boots and made sure to always wrap a scarf around her neck and pull on a pair of gloves to keep her hands warm.

Pansy woke, as usual, when Draco got out of bed, but pulled the blanket up closer and kept her eyes closed, not wanting to wake up yet. It was chilly and she was tired, and her stomach ached from the stretching of ligaments inside her. She heard him come back up, sit a cup down on the bedside table, and immediately smelled his coffee. Though it wasn't exactly a pleasant smell to her anymore, in fact it made her stomach churn a little, he liked it so much and it didn't really bother her too terribly, that she didn't let on that it bothered her. She would let him enjoy his coffee. It was the least she could do for all he was doing for her. Feeling his hand on her hair, she looked up at him, attempting a smile. She sat up very slowly, careful when changing positions because it made her dizzy if she moved too quickly. "Morning." When he asked how she slept, as he always did, she shrugged, taking her teacup from him. "She kept me awake most of the night. She's definitely a night owl."
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy May 10th 2011, 10:04 pm

Draco passed her her tea with a "How did you sleep?" and picked up his own coffee, moving back onto the bed next to her and gently rubbing circles on her shoulder. "Well that'll be fun. Are you sure you want to come into work today? It's okay if you stay home and nap you know." Sure Draco offered this most days and she invariably said no and came to work he figured it would never hurt to try. She did need naps and he didn't want her standing on her feet for that long if it was going to hurt her. The women in the café thought it was sweet how he fussed over her but he made sure to back off when she suggested it as the only person in there aware that her bite was actually worse than her bark.

He looked to the side outside where all the leaves were falling from the trees and sighed. "Also we should go shopping this weekend and get you some more winter-proof clothing. It's going to get much colder much faster now." The weather had been slowly changing but the winds were picking up and though she had tights and a few heavier sweaters they weren't going to cut it for much longer. Especially given how easily she had gotten cold before her pregnancy and the fact that presence of the little girl seemed to exacerbate those types of feelings.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy May 10th 2011, 10:53 pm

"Oh, loads of fun. I was essentially nocturnal at Hogwarts, but now I just want sleep all the time and she won't let me sleep when normal people do. I stare at your ceiling quite a lot." Pansy shook her head at his offer of staying home to nap, as she always did. "No, I'll just take my lunch nap a little earlier than usual. I'll be alright." She smiled at him, thinking about how the women all cooed over all his checking and double checking that she was alright, and the times when he practically had to shove her out the door to get her to go take a nap instead of fighting off the yawns. It was a good thing though that he knew her bite really was worse than her bark, because getting him to leave her alone with falsely polite and soft words paired with a certain look had gotten quite useful and effective as of late. It only took one good threat back in the kitchen for him to learn that although she'd gotten gentler and quieter in her time after Hogwarts, she was still the same Pansy he had known before, and she still didn't put up with anything she didn't want to deal with. Alix had waggled her eyebrows at them as they came out, but it was clear that she thought the sound of a body being shoved against one of the metal shelves back there was something that it was not.

Pansy followed his gaze out the window. She really loved that window, how huge it was and the lovely view it offered. "You're probably right. I do need a proper coat, and pregnancy clothes other than these dresses. Alix's sister had a summer baby, but the dresses are quickly becoming much too light for being outside any longer than it takes to walk to the cafe." Pansy could deal with the cold relatively well, but she did care more about keeping herself quite warm and comfortable now, especially since she wasn't the only one depending on her body anymore. "Oh." She blinked, lifting her teacup out of the way as she glanced at her belly. "Still jumping around quite a bit this morning, are you? Well I have news for you, kiddo. You are not an acrobat." She put her hand on the side of her stomach, pressing her fingers lightly into the side to try and work out some of the achiness of the muscles and whatever else there.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy May 12th 2011, 3:19 am

Draco scooted down, looking wistfully at her belly. "I wish I could feel her too." He sighed and downed the last of his coffee, putting the mug down to the side. "Shopping after work tomorrow do you think? Tuesdays are always easy days and you can take as many breaks as you want." Draco knew that pushing her while she was pregnant was probably even more dangerous than pushing while she wasn't, after all he new knew what to expect from her hormones. Several times he had come away from near misses very grateful that she wasn't allowed to use magic while they were at the café. Though he knew if he took one step too far that wasn't a technicality that would stop her. She would just not do anything visible to him, almost a scarier prospect.

He waited until she finished her tea before taking the mug and putting it to the side, moving off the bed and offering his hands to her to help her up. She had some difficulties moving in the mornings now and most days she let him help her at least this far, then he went down the ladder and waited at the bottom for her. She wasn't having too hard of a time getting up and down it right now and eventually they could magically modify it into more like a staircase for her. He waited until she was down before heading off to the kitchen to get some toast, fruit and more tea ready as she went to the bathroom.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy May 12th 2011, 3:37 am

Scarier indeed, especially since she spent her last few months at Hogwarts doing everything she could to master several non-verbal spells, and even attempted a non-verbal crucio or two. Though she would never use that spell on Draco, no matter what, there were a few hidden things up her sleeve, and not just her wand. Seeing her as the quiet pregnant girl she was now, it would be easy to forget how dangerous she could be when angered or threatened. But luckily, Draco knew better than that. A glare from her was enough to remind him who she used to be, and who she still was down inside. It was hard for her though, knowing how people used to part the way when she walked down the halls, waves of whispers following her as they talked with a certain level of fear and awe at the things she'd done. After all, sending four students to the hospital wing unconscious, and injuring several others, wasn't something people forgot quickly. She'd bet anything Remus, Hermione, Regulus, Sirius and James hadn't forgotten what she could do.

"Shopping should be fine. I've got some money saved up from tips and a bit more that Jacques made me take as well. A 'thank you for seven weeks of delicious sandwiches' present, or something, he said." She laughed, quite fond of the eccentric old man. She finished off her tea and passed him her mug, taking his hands and heaving herself out of bed. Though still small, it was much more weight than her body was used to, and she got stiff after a night of sleep. It was also nice to have a hold on someone who could catch her, especially since standing up too quickly would make her dizzy and her vision swim. Once her feet were on the ground and she felt alright, she followed him down the ladder, walking into the kitchen and accioing their cups from the bedroom to put them in the sink to wash themselves. They may be living in a muggle world, but Pansy much preferred using magic to do the housework. After having the cups taking care of themselves, she headed into the bathroom and stripped down to shower, always very careful that she wouldn't fall in the tub or on the slick tiles afterward. She wrapped a towel around herself, playing with her wet hair for a while. It had gotten quite long in the past little while. She hadn't cut it in a long time and the pregnancy made it grow even faster than usual. It was halfway down her back now, but she sort of liked having it this long. It was nice to play with the tips when she was feeling nervous. She looped it around her fingers, curling it and then pulling the pieces straight again, until she realized she was certainly taking her time in there, and she dried off and slipped a robe on. "All yours," she told him, heading back upstairs so Draco could use the bathroom and she could find some clothes.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy July 11th 2011, 7:47 am

Draco finished up in the bathroom quickly and grabbed his own slice of toast slathered in strawberry jam as he wandered around the apartment, finding all the things he needed for the day. When they were both ready to leave he followed her out the apart to the street, amused that she was currently wrapped in several sweaters, an old black scarf of his and a jacket that was too small for him now. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and they walked down the blustery street, pleased that at least the cafe would be warm. One of the best things about living in the muggle world was central heating and he had to admit that wherever he lived now he would need it in his life, unless he lived in the desert but the odds of that happening were slim to none.

Halfway there he stopped, "I forgot something," he said in response to her quizzical look. "Here," he pushed the keys into her palm, "I'll see you there in just a minute." He kissed her cheek and turned around, walking quickly back to the apartment to grab the paperwork he needed to take over to the bank that afternoon. As he walked into the building Mme Berrier stopped him.

Almost forty minutes later he rushed into the cafe, his hair windswept with a huge smile on his face. He smiled at Alix as she scolded him for being late, reminding him that he didn't get paid to make himself coffees at home as he reminded her that she didn't get paid to tell him off, pressing a kiss to her cheek as he passed. Walking into the back he hung his coat up and walked behind Pansy, stopping next to her with the huge grin still plastered to his face, "I have great news!"
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 11th 2011, 8:04 am

Pansy followed him out of the apartment, leaning happily into his side as they walked down the street. She looked at him in confusion as he stopped, taking the keys and tugging the borrowed coat around herself a little tighter as he turned back. She unlocked the cafe, Alix arriving a moment or two later. The two girls set to work getting it ready for the morning customers, and Pansy slipped back into the kitchen to go through things while Alix got the coffee machines running out front, wiping out the shelves where the pastries Pansy was gathering would be placed.

She glanced up as Draco came in the door, laughing as Alix immediately scolded him for his lateness. She looked at him as he came back and put his coat away, wiping her hands off on her little waist apron thing as she turned to look at him. His smile was contagious, and one had very quickly curved on her own lips to match it. "Great news? Well, share! Don't keep it all to yourself." She laughed, nudging him slightly as she turned back to the tray of cinnamon scones, picking them up and turning toward him, pausing to hear what he would say before she would take them out to put in the display cases.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy July 11th 2011, 8:11 am

Draco took the tray from her and put it on the counter, giving Alix a winning smile as she scowled and took it, sliding it into the display at the other end of the counter. He wrapped his arms around her as he explained: "We're moving!" Before she could ask any questions or even really react to the news he hurried on so she understood his elation, "Mme. Berrier saw me on the stairs and asked if we wouldn't mind switching apartments with her. She has three bedrooms which is two too many and doesn't want to deal with all the space anymore. We can have a nursery and that library you've always wanted." He waited with baited breath, hoping that she would be as excited as he was about this.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 11th 2011, 8:19 am

Pansy grinned up at him as he took the tray from her, stepping forward into his arms and resting a hand on his chest as he spoke to her. A thousand little worries shot through her mind when he said moving. She wondered about the cafe, how close they would be to it, what about the doctor, and the convenience of everything, and if they'd still be in Paris, and many other things. But he luckily explained more immediately, clearing away all her worries. They would only be moving one flight higher in the very same building they were already living in. "Draco! That's perfect! It honestly couldn't have worked out any better than that!" She bounced on her feet a little in excitement, leaning up to kiss him gently. "So she really wants to swap with us? How much does that change our rent? And when can we move? We'll need more furniture since we'll have more rooms, and we'll have to help her move her things out, she's certainly in no shape to do it herself and I don't know if she's got anyone nearby to help her out with all her big old furniture. And-" Pansy rambled on a little more, happily planning out things as they came to her mind, talking and talking and trying to figure it all out as if it needed to be all 100% decided, immediately.

The first customers started to wander in, but luckily Alix took the lead and served them up what they needed. One of their usual old ladies that sat in the corner with the large group of them had spotted Pansy and Draco talking excitedly, catching Pansy's eye over Draco's shoulder and giving her a girlish smile. She'd want to know what they were talking about later. As much as Pansy never would have thought it, she really did love gossiping to the old ladies about things, though their favorite topic of discussion was the relationship and happenings between herself and Draco, and updates on the baby. It was nice having people to talk to about it, especially women like them who had dealt with babies and all those sorts of things before.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy July 11th 2011, 8:32 am

Draco laughed as she started asking him question after question, putting up a finger to stop her, "The rent is only going up a little bit, she said we're doing her such a favour that she doesn't care about the money. We'll help her move and I'll get Alix and Marcel to help too, can't have you carrying anything either. And as soon as all of us are packed up we can trade any time." He heard the bell over the door tinkling a few times while they were talking. He smiled and leaned down to give her another kiss, "I guess I should go see my customers now." He squeezed her gently and reached behind her to pick up a tray of cakes, "Don't forget to rest a little." Grinning he turned around and walked to the other end, greeting the regulars as he went and slipping the trays in next to the cinnamon rolls.

Turning around he took orders and made coffees, slipping pastries to people and dealing with the usual morning mixture of his elderly customers who came in about now and didn't leave until almost noon and the business folks who brought in their own travel mugs and left as quickly as they arrived.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 11th 2011, 8:44 am

Pansy hurried about for a while, filling orders, bringing out more pastries and things to replace those that were sold out, keeping things stocked and running smoothly as Alix and Draco dealt more directly with the customers. Her French was getting better, but she still wasn't anywhere near being fully fluent. Around eleven, after a good solid four or so hours on her feet, she kissed Draco on the cheek and told him she was going to sit for a while during the lull between the morning crowd and the lunch folks. She made her way toward the table of elderly women in the corner, taking a free seat and scooting up to their table next to them, accepting a half a danish from one of them as they started talking to her all at once. Eventually they calmed down, one or two at a time talking to her, asking her how the baby was doing and getting her to tell them about what news had occurred this morning, declaring it absolutely exciting and perfect.

As the customers picked up into lunch time, Pansy excused herself from the table, heaving back onto her feet and slipping back behind the counter again, setting to work filling sandwich orders, taking over from a very relieved Marcel. He detested making sandwiches, and the ones he made were terribly sloppy besides. Everyone was happier when Pansy made them. As time passed into lunch, Pansy found that their supply of ham was quite low, and after one particularly ham-filled order, it was all gone. Hurrying over to Draco while no one was in line for a sandwich, she let him know. "Draco, we're out of ham. Is there no more in the back? I didn't see any this morning. I could go over and get some?" The shop they bought ham from was a block and a half over, a tiny little place. Pansy secretly hoped he would let her go to get some, thinking a little walk and some fresh air and sun sounded nice, despite the fact that the wind had picked up and it looked quite chilly out there.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy July 11th 2011, 7:28 pm

Draco worked through the morning, all the orders and greetings passing by like a blur. He would glance over to check on Pansy every once in a while, first at her work station in the back then to the little table in the front where she talked to all the little old gossips. When the lunch rush came in he was focused again, filling orders as fast a he could, running into the back for more milk and coffee when they needed it. As the tide started to slow a little he turned around to wipe down the counters, and neaten up the area when Pansy tapped him on the shoulder. Turning around he listened to her as he glanced outside, noticing the wind.

"You really want to go out and get it now?" At her nod he sighed, "Okay," he slipped some cash out his wallet and handed it to her, "Don't forget your scarf and if you need anything call me okay?" They had gotten her a cell phone almost two weeks ago now and she was still figuring out how to use it. The calling was okay but texting was tripping her up, the nonsensical muggle keyboard was a pain. As she walked past him again on her way out he gave her a kiss on the cheek and wrapped her scarf up a little tighter before she went out, not willing to risk her catching a cold like this.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 12th 2011, 3:41 am

Pansy nodded definitively as he asked if she really did want to go get it. She liked walking and wanted to do as much as she could around Paris while it was still comfortable to do so. She pocketed the cash and nodded to all his reminders about her scarf and calling him. Heading back into the kitchen, she grabbed his old coat off the hook and slipped it on, tugging it tight around her and wrapping her scarf around her neck once. She pulled her hair over her shoulder, gathering it together and tucking the ends into her coat a little, hoping to keep them at least a little bit tamed from the wind's pull. She walked back out past Draco, standing there and smiling at him as he wrapped her scarf about her neck once more, arranging it closer to her to keep the warmth in. She kissed his cheek in return, turning to head out the door and down the street.

Slipping her hands into her pockets, she pulled out the cell phone Draco had given her. It wasn't too terribly complicated really, and calling him was easy, especially since he was on something called 'speed dial' and she could call him just by pressing one button. That was rather nice. The texting thing he talked about was strange though, writing out what she wanted to say with buttons on a screen. Like a little electric owl in her hand that didn't go anywhere but sent messages to who she wanted all the same. She hated writing on the thing, the letters were all mixed up in some crazy order that made no sense to her. She rolled her eyes looking at it. Crazy Muggles. She put it back into her pocket and looked around a little, watching the clouds skitter across the sky or people hurrying from place to place. Finally she arrived at the little shop, ordered more of the ham they usually got, and passed over the strange muggle money to him, accepting the change he gave her, and taking the package of ham back to the cafe with her. She stepped inside and the wind slammed the door shut behind her, nearly knocking the little tinkling bell off of it's holder on the door. She nearly reached inside her coat to pull out her wand to fix it, but stopped herself in time and let it be. She kissed Draco on the cheek as she passed him, hurrying over to the sandwich counter to sit down the heavy package. "I've got your change as well," she told him, unwrapping the scarf from her neck and shrugging the coat off one shoulder simultaneously.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy July 12th 2011, 6:31 am

Draco was glad to see Pansy come back, a little surprised by how hard the wind was blowing. He hadn't noticed it when the last few customers had come in but that had been almost ten minutes before and everyone else had been sitting inside enjoying the warmth and company. He took the change from her and tucked it in his wallet, watching as she went back to making sammiches for the two who had come in after she left. When those were served he walked over to her and rubbed his hand over her back, "You still feeling okay? Not too tired yet?" He knew that the little old ladies would be watching them and cooing over his protective streak. He always found it amusing to watch Pansy interacting with them, practicing her french and letting them try out their schoolgirl english on her. They were also a great way to make sure she took breaks, keeping her sitting down for longer than he would have been able to and helping him make sure that she took good care of herself.

Now was about the time where the cafe started to empty out, a few regulars staying for most of the day while the only people who stopped in for the next couple of hours were tourists wandering by who needed a break and then a few more of the people from the morning returning for a coffee refill.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 12th 2011, 6:42 am

Pansy passed the sandwich to the man across the counter, giving him a polite smile before she turned to look at Draco, grinning at his hand rubbing over her back. "I'm alright." She was quiet for a moment, unable to help noticing the women in the corner looking at them. Another customer walked up, ordered a sandwich, and she quickly made it for them, cutting it in half and wrapping it in the paper, taping it shut so they could take it to go. Alix took his money and brought him change, so Pansy got to work on another sandwich, a shouted request from one of the regulars sitting by the window, a middle aged man who always had a couple books to read. She started to carry it over to him, but Alix intercepted and took it for her.

Pansy returned to her usual spot, kissing Draco on the cheek. "I might go home in a bit for a nap." She blinked slowly, turning where she stood to face him better, resting her lower back against the counter and her hand on her belly. "She's moving around a lot today. I think she likes the wind." She smiled up at him, stroking her hand over the little bulge of her belly absentmindedly. "Makes me sleepy though when she's all excited. I didn't really sleep much last night."
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy July 12th 2011, 7:01 am

Draco grinned and put his hand over hers, pouting slightly that he still couldn't feel any of the movements but nonetheless excited by their presence. "We're fine here for the afternoon so head home and sleep, and don't set an alarm. If you don't make it in Alix can cover you tonight. Just get some rest okay?" He leaned in and gave her a kiss before walking to the back and grabbing her coat and scarf, helping her into them and making sure she was warm and bundled up. He wished he could escort her back home and make sure she got there safely and actually rested but he knew that if he even suggested it she was liable to curse him on the spot, or hug him depending which way her mood went.

After Pansy left Draco walked around all the tables, picking up the dishes and stopping to talk to all of his friends. He took the playful jabs of the older ladies, calling him a mother hen and asking who was really having the baby and brought them all some fresh eclairs. The gentleman in the corner who Pansy had just served the sammich to was reading a new book and passed Draco the one he had just finished, telling him it was fascinating and he needed to read it as soon as he could. Thanking him Draco put it in his bag behind the counter, planning on finishing his current book that evening which meant he needed something new to read anyway.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 12th 2011, 7:15 am

Pansy smiled gratefully at him, kissing him back. She put her arms into the coat as he held it out for her, resting her hands on his chest as he arranged the scarf around her neck. "Thanks, Draco. I'll see you in a bit." She kissed his cheek, turning toward the door and waving goodbye to the table of old ladies as she left. Making her way around the corner, she tried to gather her hair in her hand to keep it out of her face, but the wind pulled so violently at her long hair that she was blinded from time to time by it. Eventually she managed to gather most of it in her hand, and made her way more quickly toward the stairs outside their apartment. At the door, she realized she forgot to get the key from him. But since the hall was empty, she simply pulled out her wand and cast the charm on it that they had set on their door, letting herself in so that she wouldn't have to go back for the key or bother Draco with a phone call about it. She locked it behind her and left her coat and scarf hanging on a hook in the little foyer, walking through to the kitchen and then to the couch, settling down and kicking her feet up on the cushions.

She tugged the cell phone from her pocket, staring at it. She'd figured it out mostly, but that damned keyboard. Practice made you better, didn't it? She shrugged, selecting Draco's name from the list and starting to write him a message. Once she was finished, and it took quite a while for her to write it out, she pressed send. Tugging the blanket down off the back of the couch, she wrapped it snugly around herself, warming up a little already from the new soft layer over her. She stared at her phone, waiting to hear back from him.

Forgot the key. Used the charm instead. Bring some of that apple tea I like when you come home?
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy July 13th 2011, 2:08 am

Draco had just finished serving a coffee when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Pulling it out he read the message and smiled, glad they had set up the charm so she hadn't been stuck outside or had to walk back. He kept telling himself he had to get a copy of the key made for her but the nearest locksmith was in the opposite direction to the cafe and all their shops so he never made it over there. In a lull between the customers he quickly shot back a reply.

Glad you got back safe. I'll bring some, do you want an eclair too? Or maybe a little tart?

As he waited for her reply he pulled down a few of the apple tea sachets and slipped them in his bag, making sure he put in some extra so they could leave some at the apartment for her in case she wanted some more another day. He looked up as the bell tinkled and saw Jacques walk in. He headed down to the end of the counter to greet him, telling him that he had just missed Pansy but yes he would be sure to pass on the old man's greetings.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 13th 2011, 2:40 am

A smile crossed her face as the phone made a funny vibrating thing, lighting up again as it showed her Draco's reply. She supposed the little vibrate thing was similar to how owls sometimes bit you, or at least hooted until you paid attention to them. Again, silly Muggles, she'd never quite understand them. Skimming over his message, she smiled, trying to write back to him more quickly, but she was still painfully slow. It frustrated her, not being able to communicate what she wanted as quickly as she wanted. She wished she could just write it down and shove it into the phone and have it send, but alas, Draco said that had no way of working and she should just learn to type fast. She wasn't sure why they called it typing. It was writing wasn't it? When you were making words with letters and such? She shrugged, writing typing back to him as fast as she could, which was slow.

Perhaps some of both. We're always hungry.

She curled up under the blanket a little better and held her phone in her hand, looking at it to wait for him to write back to her. Impatient and somewhat bored, and suddenly unable to sleep, she wrote to him again.

We should get some boxes too so that I can start packing up stuff while I'm home.

And then again. Pansy has no concept of 'spam' for she hardly has a concept of 'texting'.

She won't stop wiggling. I wish you could feel it. Every time I lay down to sleep suddenly she wants to be a dancer.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next