Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Grassy Clearing

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Grassy Clearing Empty A Grassy Clearing

Post  Lily Evans August 12th 2011, 6:58 am

Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

A Grassy Clearing Empty Re: A Grassy Clearing

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 2:45 am

Jenna traipsed along the grounds, looking for a good spot to sit, and well... sit. She'd just finished a two and a half hour long practice and as satisfying as it was to her odd but generally good natured soul, but whacking violent little bludgers with her beater's bat for a long period of time could make anyone tired. So, she had come here, because she knew about it, and it was in a slightly quieter area of the grounds of Hogwarts. Jenna found a spot by a tree that looked comfy, and settled herself down there, back leaning against the trunk.
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Location : Somewhere eating Nutella or playing Quidditch, or doing both simultaneously.

http://www.belowthewaves36.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 16th 2011, 2:54 am

Molly slips out of the castle quietly, which is a rare thing in itself for her, and strikes out into the grounds. It's getting late, the day is fading into evening but it has been a beautiful day -too beautiful for the classes and homework that have kept Molly inside so long- and she wants to enjoy the lingering warmth in the air. She is directionless, just picking the easy paths of grass and flat stretches of earth because picking through rocks and climbing hills is no fun in heels, and it surprises her a little to see that she is not alone in her plans when she spots another ginger girl sitting on the grass. Never one to be rude, or turn down the opportunity for a chat, Molly strolls closer. "Hi," she chirps, friendly smile in place. "Mind if I join you? I don't think I know you yet - I'm Molly."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 2:58 am

Jenna has completely zoned out and is completely oblivious to the world when another redheaded girl pops up in front of her saying a very friendly 'hello'. "Hi." Jenna isn't much of a people person, but if this girl cared enough to come over here and talk to her, she decided that she would at least make some effort. "I'm Jenna, I don't mind at all if you join me." She scooted over a bit so that Molly could sit down.
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Location : Somewhere eating Nutella or playing Quidditch, or doing both simultaneously.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 16th 2011, 3:09 am

Molly plops down on the grass next to Jenna when the girl shifts over so she can lean against the trunk too, stretching her legs out in front of her and crossing them at her ankles. "Thanks. It just seemed like a total waste of a day to be stuck inside after classes and stupid Arithmancy essays that just never end, you know? Besides, winter will creep up out of nowhere and then that'll be it for hanging out outside for ages."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 3:12 am

Jenna completely agrees with Molly, she hates Arithmancy, which is why she dropped it after fifth year. "I feel your pain, Arithmancy is probably one of the most aggravating subjects I have ever taken. Which is saying something, because you know, Professor Binns." Jenna is really trying her best to be sociable, but she's none too good at it, and she's had a long day. "I hate being stuck inside during the winter, it means that there's no more Quidditch."
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 16th 2011, 3:20 am

Molly tilts her head to the side, thinking that over. "I don't know - for me Professor Binns is so dull that it's, like, impossible for me to get aggravated in his class. Because that would involve a whole heap of staying awake and listening and stuff," she giggles. She doesn't mind if Jenna isn't particularly chatty, Molly really only needs a little bit of attention and politeness and she's happy to yammer on enough for the both of them! "I just get sick of the same stone walls all the time, and then going outside is too much work because you need 57 million layers and warming charms just to not die. It's the absolute worst getting to Herbology. I don't even know how you Quidditch guys stand it, it's bad enough on the ground! When my brother played they used to practice on winter mornings and I swear it's a total miracle all their fingers didn't freeze and snap off."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 3:24 am

Jenna briefly considered the idea that her Quidditch obsession might just be her own insanity, then quickly dismissed the idea. "Our fingers don't freeze off because we run on adrenaline, nothing like the thrill of the game to get your heart pumping. And as a beater, we rarely sit still." Jenna was always far too caught up in the game to even notice trivial things like the weather, or whether or not she was getting frostbite (it only happened once!).
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 16th 2011, 3:33 am

"Huh. I suppose that makes sense. I don't even know, I am, like, so not into Quidditch," Molly confesses sheepishly. She'd be more likely to give herself frostbite lining up hours early to get into the post Christmas sales, but then there is the adrenaline kicking in once the doors open which seems to make her forget that she has become a human icicle. "I really only used to go to the Gryff games when my brother was playing, he was a beater too but he's graduated now so I sort of wasn't planning to bother much unless we were in the final, except then my boyfriend said he would bring blankets to keep me warm. So I'll go to one I guess," she smiles, not even remotely puffed out by her long-winded sentence. She glances at Jenna's Puff-flavoured attire. "Going out on a limb to say you're on the Puff team?"
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 4:08 am

[Sorry for the long wait, I had to put my little brother to bed. He's nine and my parents decided to go out tonight so I'm babysitting him and my 12 year old sister.]

Jenna thought for a moment, she had never considered the fact that someone might not be into Quidditch, maybe she could learn to deal with that fact. "When did your brother graduate? My older brother used to be a keeper for the Gryffindor team." It would be so cool if their brothers knew each other! "And yes, I am a 'Puff. And proud of it! We are going to win the Quidditch Cup this year!" Sorry, once Jenna gets started on Quidditch, she's hard to stop.
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 16th 2011, 4:14 am

[s'ok! I was distracted by my shiny new toy, anyway. XD]

"Oh, really? Neat! Gid's a year ahead of me, so he's just graduated. What was your brother's name? Unless he's loads and loads older they probably played on the team together at least sometime," Molly figures, amused by the link. "Huh, so you and your brother were different houses? D'you have any other brothers and sisters? All mine were Gryffindor just like me. So were our parents. It's like some tradition or something, except not as creepy when some of those Slytherins say their whole family has been in there for hundreds of years or whatever."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 4:19 am

Jenna thought for a minute, "Well, my brother's nine years older than me and I'm a sixth year so unless your brother made the team as a first year, it's pretty unlikely that they played together on the team. And it's just me and my brother, my dad was in Gryffindor, he was a keeper as well, but my mom went to Beauxbatons. Ugh." Jenna fake shuddered, she hated that school. And she was so much happier in the past year that she'd transferred to Hogwarts, Beauxbatons was not her kind of place. It was no place for a Quidditch-obsessed girl who refused to take part in all of those typical prissy French schoolgirl type of things. She wasn't even French!
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 16th 2011, 4:29 am

Molly shakes her head. "Gid started playing fourth year, I think. I can't really remember - it's sort of a blur," she says with a shrug. "We're all really close in age, four of us in three years. Is it weird having your brother so much older?" she wonders, somewhat tactlessly, before she starts to giggle at Jenna's obvious dislike of Beauxbatons. Molly herself knows practically nothing of the school, beyond the tact that some French tart will one day steal her eldest son away. >.> "Not a fan of the French thing, then? We have a place in Nice, and most of the people there are really nice, but it can get kind of snooty and stuff."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 4:37 am

Jenna smiled, "My brother and I are really close, despite the age difference. By the time I came around he thought that it was super cool to have a mini-Henry walking around." It's true though, Jenna was, in many respects, a miniature female version of her older brother, except with red hair and in Hufflepuff. "The snooty stuff is the main reason I left. Here at Hogwarts, people tend to be much more grounded. And the French are only nice and polite when they want to be, otherwise, they can just be so, so... I can't even find the right word."
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 16th 2011, 4:45 am

"Cool," says Molly, because she really can't quite grasp the concept of such a huge gap between siblings, and how they can still be so close. "I wonder if me and my brothers and sister would still be like that if we were ages away from each other, and didn't go to school together and all," she muses. She likes to think they would be, Molly is convinced that they will be close their whole lives. "It sucks how some people are only nice when they want something or whatever, but there's heaps of people like that here too, I think. Some of those Slytherins can be right buttheads."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 4:50 am

Jenna turned thoughtful for a moment, thinking. "If you had something that kept you together you might have been. Me and my brother had Quidditch, and we're incredibly alike. Not just in hobbies but in personality too." All of this sibling talk was beginning to make Jenna miss her brother again, she resolved to write him when she went back to the common room later on. "Yeah, some of these Slytherins can be downright prats. But there are a few who are nice."
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 16th 2011, 4:58 am

"Blood and awesomeness keeps us together," Molly says at once; it's one of the few things she is genuinely sure of. "Our parents are away a lot so we've always just stuck together, that's the way it is." She falls silent a moment, also missing her siblings because this is the first year she hasn't been with all of them for school since she was a first year, with Alice unable to join them for another year. "It's weird not to be with them all now. But hey, Christmas will be even more awesome this year I guess. And all I know is that if there are alright Slytherins out there, I've never seen them. Most of them don't like us because of the whole blood traitor thing. As if we care," she scoffs.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 5:10 am

[I gotta go! it's not that late here but I have to get up early for school in the real world *sigh*]
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 16th 2011, 5:19 am

[No worries. Sleep well. xx]
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 16th 2011, 11:20 pm

Jenna laughed a little bit, "I think Slytherins have a vendetta against redheads, because they don't seem to like me very much either. But that might just be my brother's fault, he was quite the prankster while he was here, he would write to me all the time about the insane stuff that he and his friends had done." Jenna purposely left out that she was a fair prankster as well, she only pranked those who deserved it. And she'd rather keep it on the down low, Filch did not need to know where those dungbombs had come from last week and she hadn't told anyone because he was always looking for a reason to try and get Jenna into trouble.
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 17th 2011, 12:52 am

"No taste, that house. No sense of humour, either, you know? And yeah I guess if they're as into tradition as they are then they're totally going to have a long memory for stuff," Molly says with a laugh. Molly would think Jenna is pretty cool for her prankster edge, not that she generally gets up to much mischief in that way herself. Molly's more about casually sidestepping those rules that happen to get in the way of Molly Prewett doing whatever Molly Prewett wants to do, but somehow she's managed to stay fairly well under Filch's radar. Probably because she looks far more innocent than her siblings - the one upside to being the tiny one. "Your brother sounds pretty cool."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 17th 2011, 4:32 am

"The Slytherins have a sense of humor, it's just drastically different from all of the rest of the Houses." Jenna is glad Molly wouldn't mind the pranking, but if she wants a lecture on how annoying or amazing it can be, she suggests to ask Vee. "I haven't even really done anything half bad here (at least not yet) Filch just judges me because, as innocent as I look, he still has nightmares about my brother. I heard him telling Mrs. Norris about it."
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 17th 2011, 4:47 am

"Oh I, like, totally hate that," Molly says with a roll of her eyes. "Like people think they know you and everything about you just because of who your family is or something. And that cat is kind of creepy. Sometimes I just want to kidnap it, give it a good bath, and trim it's fur and give it a nice collar. It would totally do it a world of good to not look so mangy," she says. Mya has no idea why Molly thinks half the things she does, btw.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood September 17th 2011, 8:38 pm

Jenna thinks that Molly has a fair point, "I know! I hate being judged for my brother, no matter how much alike we actually are. And it is completely irrelevant that Filch is probably right to watch out for me. But, I don't prank the kind of pranks that are extravagant, like my brother. My pranks are below the radar, some people might even just think that it was bad luck, and not even a prank in the first place. And Mrs. Norris is quite ugly, a bath sounds like it would have positive reactions everywhere."
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 18th 2011, 1:38 am

Molly starts to giggle, because Jenna's brand of pranks sound funny. Not as grand or ambitious as those of, say, the Marauders, but most definitely amusing. And less likely to get her in trouble since they are more undetectable. "Right!? It's like, just because you happen to have the right idea about me, doesn't mean it's cool you got there in that way. Whatever, I don't even know how Filch manages to catch so many people anyway. It's not like it's hard to avoid him or anything - he doesn't even use magic!"
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum