Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new little foreign friend--Another Svetson fic (kids)

2 posters

Go down

My new little foreign friend--Another Svetson fic (kids)  Empty My new little foreign friend--Another Svetson fic (kids)

Post  Reed Dawson August 29th 2011, 2:21 am

Blame Amethyst for this. She makes me wanna write Svetson non-stop.

Reed Dawson was six the first time he got to travel with his mother for work. They were going to a place called Bulgaria, which is one of the places they had never traveled as a family. Reed’s mother, Hilde, was the fashion editor at a very popular magazine. It was often part of her job to go to places to find new talent for the magazine. That’s exactly what the trip to Bulgaria was, a trip to find more models. Normally Reed wasn’t allowed to go on these trips, but this was last minute and his father had to work. So there was no choice but to bring the little Reed along.

Early one morning, they woke up to get ready to leave. Reed usually was trusted to dress himself, and he usually knew more about fashion than most working models, but today Hilde insisted on dressing him to make sure he was ‘perfect’. She dressed her son in dress slacks, a striped shirt, suspenders and an adorable little bow tie. There was little to do with his curly hair though. His hair never wanted to be tamed and couldn’t seem to decide if it wanted to be red or brown, so it was a strange combination of the two. It was the same with his eyes, they never stayed one color, constantly switching between bright blue and bright green or some mixture of both. Once Reed was all dressed, he was able to pack a small bag with a few toys in them, to keep him occupied on the plane.

The pair left the house and made their way to the airport in London, where they were lucky enough to have their own jet. They boarded the plane and Reed wanted to fall asleep again, but his mother told him he would wrinkle his clothes. So he sat like a good little boy and played with his toy car while his mother went through the photos of the models they were about to meet. The flight lasted about three hours, but it seemed a lot longer than that to a bored six year old.

Reed had already been to most places in Europe, whether for vacation or because they were living there. Bulgaria is one place Reed hadn’t been, and he knew nothing about the country. So when they exited the plane and got a car, Reed sat staring out the window at all the new sites. He thought it looked like most other cities, so he looked for things he’s never seen before. he noted that a lot of the buildings were more round on the top. He thought it was pretty here, but he thought that about most every place they went.

After a short drive, Hilde and Reed made it to the model agency which was right next to a little park. Reed held on tightly to his mother’s hand as they walked inside, and he looked at the playground longingly. He had always been kind of shy, and he didn’t like when people called him ‘adorable’, so sure enough, as soon as they walked inside there was a screech from one of the adults. A tall lady came over to greet Hilde and Reed, bending down and speaking to Reed like a baby. Reed wasn’t a baby and he didn’t like being talked to like that. He hid his face in his mothers side. Hilde looked down at her son and patted his head. “It’s okay darling. Let’s go upstairs okay?” She ushered him towards an elevator and they went up a few floors.

As soon as they got off the elevator, Hilde went into business mode, leaving Reed on his own. The little boy wandered over to a couch and sat down with his bag. He pulled out a notebook and some crayons, getting ready to draw. He loved to draw and his mommy told him that someday he was going to be a great artist and that he should practise all the time. He started drawing a pretty dress when a few of the girl models came over, wanting to meet the adorable little boy. The models started talking to him, but he didn’t know what they were saying. They were speaking Bulgarian, and Reed only spoke English and Italian. He looked up at the girls, a little scared, and started blushing bright red. He looked back to his drawing and let his curls fall into his face, trying to hide. One model realized the boy probably spoke English. “Vere is your mommy sveety?” Reed looked around until he found his mommy and pointed to her. “She’s working. My daddy has to work too so I got to come here. I’m gonna be an artist some day. Mommy says so. See?” He held up his drawing for the girls to see, all of which smiled and giggled at how cute he was. One girl grabbed the drawing for better inspection. “Vell that is very pretty. Vot is your name little one?” Reed smiled, glad they liked his drawing. “My name is Reed Dawson and I’m six years old. That’s this many.” he held up six little fingers, making all the girls burst into giggles again.

The giggling attracted the attention of Hilde, who looked over to see a growing number of girls crowding around her son. She frowned and went over to the group. “Excuse me ladies, I need you all to change into your outfits, I’d like to see you all walk. Reed darling, can you pack your bag back up please?” All the girls sighed but did as they were told, as did Reed. He wondered if they were leaving. “Mommy are we leaving already? Did you find some more models?” Hilde shook her head and grabbed his hand. “Not yet darling, it will still be a while. I’m going to send you back downstairs. There’s a play area for you, with lots of toys. Okay? The lady down there is going to keep an eye on you and get you some lunch. You’re going on the elevator and don’t get off until you see the number one lit up, got it?” She pressed the button to call the elevator and looked to her son. Reed was listening and nodded. “Okay mommy. The one looks like this, right?” He held up a finger and his mother nodded. Reed smiled and got on the elevator, waving to his mother as the doors closed.

He watched the numbers, like he was told, and when it reached the number one, he got off the elevator, hoping his mother would be proud that he did as he was told. The lady that first greeted them was waiting for Reed. She took his hand and led him to a play area full of coloring books and toys, and even a slide. He knew he wasn’t suppose to play on things like that because he fell a lot and his mommy and daddy didn’t want him to get hurt. The lady had to go answer a phone that was ringing, so Reed stood in the play area, wondering what he wanted to play with first. He looked out the large window as he thought, and that’s when he remembered the playground he saw earlier. He really wanted to go play, but he wasn’t allowed and he didn’t have anyone to take him. But in his little six year old mind, he thought it would be okay if he went and just watched the other kids play. That way, he wouldn’t get hurt, but he could still have fun.

So, he looked back to the lady, who was still on the phone, and made his decision. He was going to that park. Reed made sure his bag was zipped, and then securely fastened it to his back. After one last glance at the lady behind the desk, he quietly slipped out the front door and onto the busy street. He felt excited that he was actually getting to go to a playground, even if he didn’t intend to play on anything. He held onto the straps of his bag as he turned and walked the short distance until he was standing in front of the little park. He smiled widely at the other kids laughing and playing, noticing a bench that he could sit on and watch. As he was walking over, he tripped on, well, his own feet and fell forward. Luckily he had a lot of practice with falling, so he was able to catch himself before he got too hurt. Reed got right back up and dusted himself off, when he noticed he had scraped up his hands. What he didn’t notice was another little boy watching him with concern.

Xx To be continued
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

http://gayguyshpandglee.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

My new little foreign friend--Another Svetson fic (kids)  Empty Re: My new little foreign friend--Another Svetson fic (kids)

Post  Krasimir Svetkova August 29th 2011, 2:57 am

*ignores anyone's blame*
Hehe.

;ALKJDF;LKSAJFOAIWEJF;AIWEFJLSDJF;LKDJSF;SDLKJF;IOSJE;IOWEJFKLEWFJLKS
LITTLE REED IS SO CUTE! <3333333333333333333
I LOVED IT ALL.
*wants more*
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

My new little foreign friend--Another Svetson fic (kids)  Empty Re: My new little foreign friend--Another Svetson fic (kids)

Post  Reed Dawson September 1st 2011, 5:43 am

Part 2.

Krasimir Svetkova was sitting at a playground in the city, waiting for his friend Andrei to meet him like their parents had planned. He was pretty early, eager to get to see one of his best friends. He was looking around at all the other kids when he looked over and saw a little boy staring at the park. Krasimir had seen most of the kids that usually came here, but not this boy, and he didn’t have an adult with him. He watched as the boy fell and picked himself right back up as if nothing had happened. He studied the smaller boy as he sat on a bench and examined his hands. Krasimir like the other boy’s curly hair, because it was completely opposite from his dark straight hair.

Krasimir had always been a very protective person, and it was natural for him to want to take care of people. So he got off his bench and made his way over to the smaller boy and stood in front of him. “Zdraveĭ,” he greeted in Bulgarian, making sure he was smiling to let the other kid know he was friendly.

Reed looked up, a bit startled, when he heard someone speak to him. He had always been told not to talk to strangers, but he always thought that meant adults. He didn’t know the rules about talking to other kids. Still, it would be hard for him to talk to this boy since he already didn’t know what he had said. Reed noticed that this other boy was very tall, and much much taller than himself. He also looked pretty friendly, but Reed didn’t really know how he could talk to him. He blushed and ducked his head a little. “I’m sorry..I don’t speak that.” He had no idea if the other boy understood or not.

Fortunatley, Krasimir did know English since his father thought it was important to learn other languages. So, he switched so he could make a new friend. “Oh. Sorry. I can speak English! Are you okay? I saw you fall before.” He sat on the bench and took the little boy’s hands in his own to look over them. They were definitely scraped up and had some dirt in them.

Reed pulled his hands away. He was embarrassed and wanted to make a good impression on this new boy with the cool accent. “I’m fine. I fall a lot.” He was still blushing and he pulled his backpack around and opened it. He pulled out a tiny first aide kit that had something he could clean out his scrapes with, while Krasimir watched curiously. Reed looked back up at the other boy, still blushing, “I’m Reed. Reed Dawson.”

Krasimir smiled widely. “Nice to meet you Reed! I’m Krasimir Svetkova, but everyvon calls me Kras for short. Here, let me help you vith that.” He grabbed the little antiseptic wipe from Reed, and pulled his little hands towards him. “Sorry if this stings. You can talk if it makes it better.” Then he began gently wiping the scrapes on little Reed’s hands. Reed flinched a little, but it was something he was used to. It helped to have someone else do it for him, and he really liked how Kras’ hand felt. He wanted to know more about his new friend, but he wasn’t sure what to say. “Um. A-are you here by yourself?” Kras had finished cleaning up Reed’s hands, but continued to hold onto his hand. “No, I'm here vith my parents vaiting for my friend Andrei. You have very soft hands.” The comment made Reed blush and stare at their clasped hands. “Oh. Um. My mommy uses this stuff to make them all soft. I like holding your hand.” He didn’t mean to say that last part out loud, so he blushed even more and ducked his head to hide his face.

Kras didn’t like that he couldn’t see his friend’s face, so he reached up with his free hand and tilted the smaller boys head back up. “Hey now. Don’t be embarrassed. I like holding your hand too. How old are you Reed Dawson?” Reed smiled brightly, glad to hear Kras liked to hold his hand too. “I’m six years old! How old are you?” Kras really liked how big Reed was smiling, he looked pretty when he smiled. He wondered for a moment if it was okay to think a boy was pretty, but he figured if girls could be pretty, then why couldn’t boys be too.

“I’m eight! And since I’m older than you that means I have to take care of you, okay?” But Reed didn’t want Kras to think he was a baby that needed to be taken care of. He pulled his hand away and crossed his arms over his chest with a stubborn look on his face. Kras was a bit surprised at Reed’s sudden behavior, but the look on his face was too adorable and soon he was laughing quite loudly.

“Hey! Why are you laughing! Don’t laugh at me.” Reed looked a bit sad and Kras immediately stopped laughing. The taller boy reached over and grabbed Reed’s hand again. “No no. I vasn’t laughing at you. Vell, okay maybe I vos a little, but your face vos too cute! I like you Reed. Vill you be my friend?” The smaller boy looked so shocked at the question, and he really didn’t know how to respond at first. He really liked Kras, even though they just met, but he had never really had a friend before. His family moved around too much and he didn’t have any siblings. He realized Kras was looking at him, waiting, so he managed a tiny nod and found his voice, “I like you too. I’ve never had a friend before.” He looked down a bit sadly.

Kras looked sad too, so he pulled Reed close and hugged him, then pulled back with a bright smile. “Vell you have one now! Vhere is your mom? I vant to meet her!” Suddenly Reed looked guilty. “Well. My mommy is working over there,” he pointed to the direction of the building he came from, “and I wanted to come here so I sneaked out.” He looked up, still feeling guilty.

Kras thought for a moment. “Hmm. Vell, it vos bad that you snuck out, but if you hadn’t then I vould have never gotten to meet you. But ve should probably take you back before your mommy starts to vorry.” Reed looked sadder still and mumbled, “she wouldn’t notice” under his breath. Kras bit his lip and reached over to hug Reed again. Reed melted into the contact and wrapped his little arms around Kras. It felt like forever since he had been given a good hug like this. He knew his mommy loved him, but she was busy with work a lot and didn’t have much time for Reed. He felt his eyes start to prickle, and didn’t want to cry in front of his new, and only, friend. So he pulled way and smiled nervously at the older boy. “Can you leave the park? Will your mommy get mad?”

Kras looked over in the direction where his mother and father were sitting. “Vell, let’s go ask. Since the building is close, I think it should be okay. Vant to come vith me?” He smiled hopefully and Reed nodded. Kras helped Reed pack up his bag again then stood, and held his hand out for Reed to take. He knew it would probably be a little difficult to hold hands since Reed was so much smaller, but he really did like holding the younger boys hand. Besides, he didn’t want Reed to fall over again. Reed took Kras’ hand with a blush and followed him over to where his parents were sitting. Kras greeted them in his native tongue and said some other things Reed didn’t understand. He just stood there listening with his head bowed, feeling a little embarrassed. He felt Kras squeezed his hand a little bit, reassuring him. The older boy smiled down at Reed and switched back to English. “They said it’s okay if I take you back, but I have to come right back after.” Both boys shared a sad look, but Reed nodded.

Kras bid his parents farewell and led the way out of the park. Once they left the park, Reed slowed down their pace. “You have to come right back then?” He looked sad and Kras didn’t like when Reed looked sad. “Yeah, my other friend is going to be here soon. I vish you could stay. I don’t vant to say goodbye. Are you staying in Bulgaria for long?” Reed was becoming more sad. “I wish I could stay too. We’re leaving today.” He stopped walking and looked up to Kras.

Kras looked down as well and frowned. “Vell, vill you come back soon?” He really didn’t want to say goodbye to his new friend. Even though they had just met, he really like Reed and wasn’t ready to say farewell. Reed shook his head and felt like he was gonna cry. “I don’t think so. I don’t get to come with mommy to work. This is the first time. I don’t think I’ll get to come back here again.” Even in his little six year old mind, he understood that he would never get to see this boy again after today. Both boys went in for a hug at the same time, savoring the few moments they had left together.

Reed pulled away with a sniffle and Kras squeezed his hand again. The rest of the short walk back to the model agency was quiet, neither knowing what to say. Just outside the doors, Reed stopped again and looked between the building and Kras. “Um. Thanks for coming with me. I wish we could play longer.” He felt his eyes start to prickle again and noticed that Kras’ looked kind of watery too. “Hey! Vot about if I give you my address, vill you be able to write me?” He looked excited at the idea that he wouldn’t have to lose contact forever. Reed also looked excited at the idea. “Maybe! I’ll ask my daddy if he can help me send a letter. Here.” He brought his bag around and pulled out his paper and some crayons, sitting down on the sidewalk so he didn’t drop everything. Kras followed suit and sat down next to him, grabbing a crayon and writing down his address. “I hope you can. Then ven ve are older ve vill be able to meet again!” Both boys’ eyes lit up at the thought. Reed was smiling again, which made Kras happy. “Yeah! And I’ll be taller too!” This made both boys laugh.

Then the realization set back in that they still needed to say goodbye. Reed silently put everything back in his bag except for Kras’ address, he clung to that as if he were clinging to a part of his new friend. They stood simultaneously, and stared at each other. Reed knew he had to get back inside before he got in big trouble, and Kras knew his parents would be wondering what’s taking him so long. Both went in for hugs again and held on just a little tighter than before. Reed mumbled into Kras’ shoulder, “bye. Thanks for being my first friend.” Kras smiled sadly and whispered into Reed’s hair, “You’re velcome. I vill miss you my little friend.” He knew he would never forget this boy, although they had known each other for such a short amount of time. He was too young to realize that some people met for a reason, that they were meant to know each other.

The two boys pulled apart, Reed had a few tears running down his face and Kras brushed them away with a smile. They both whispered barely audible goodbyes and Reed turned to go back inside, while Kras turned around to walk back to the park. Once he was halfway back , he looked over his shoulder to see an empty sidewalk. He took a deep breath and bit back the tears that were welling up, he didn’t like to cry and didn’t want his parents to see him crying either. He made his way back to where his mother and father were sitting and told them he wasn’t feeling well and wanted to go home. They obliged and the trio left the park, Kras wasn’t even concerned at the moment that he didn’t get to see his friend Andrei, there would be plenty of days he got to see him. But he wouldn’t get to see Reed again.

Reed had made it back inside and just wanted his mom. He got back on the elevator and pushed the button that would take him to her. Unfortunately she was very busy with the models and didn’t even notice the heartbreaking expression on her son’s face. So with nothing left to do, Reed went over to a couch and laid down, not caring about wrinkling his clothes, and he silently cried until he fell asleep. A few hours later he was awoken by his mother, claiming it was time to leave. He nodded sadly and got up, following her into the elevator and back downstairs. Once outside the building, waiting for their car, Reed looked towards the park hoping for a sign of the tall, dark haired boy. When he saw no signs of his only friend, he began crying again. His mother asked what was wrong, and he just claimed he wanted to go home. What he really wanted was for Kras to hold his hand again.

Xx To be continued?
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson September 3rd 2011, 1:35 am

~10 years later~

A sixteen year old Reed Dawson stepped off a plane and breathed in the fresh air of a country he barely remembers visiting. He’s back in Bulgaria, now working for his mother. He may be young, but he’s on the way to taking over his mothers fashion empire. His height kept him from being able to model, so he took care of the other side of fashion. He helped book models and often would help choose outfits during shows and photo shoots.

The trip to Bulgaria was for an open casting, which basically meant, a lot of wanna be models. Some had talent, but most didn’t. Reed knew he was in for a long day, which was precisely why he was here instead of his mother. To make matters worse, he was never taken seriously at first. But once they found out who he was, they all sucked up to him.

Sure enough, as soon as he walked through the doors of the agency , he was given a few dirty looks and the receptionist stated, “sorry dear, we have a height requirement.” Reed rolled his eyes and readied himself for their soon change in attitude. He gave them all a sickenly sweet smile and addressed the receptionist, “I’m well aware. I’m Reed Dawson, I’m here on behalf of my mother Hilde Van Kamp.” And there it was. As soon as the name tumbled from his lips, everyone in the room froze. Hilde had sort of a reputation for being a little bit tough, and she never smiled. Reed was nothing like her, but he did enjoy people’s change in attitude when they discovered who he was. He was actually a really nice person, but he knew he would get nowhere if he was a pushover, so he always acted superior in these settings, even if he hated it.

He was quickly lead to a large room where there was already a handful of models waiting. He noted the ones that gave him disapproving looks, mentally noting not to hire them. He didn’t like models with superior attitudes, no matter how talented they were. Reed removed his pea coat and brushed some of the curls off his forehead before he sat at a long table with a bunch of other agents, designers, and editors. He had been to enough of these to know how they worked. The girls were first, then the guys. Usually when someone wanted a model, there was little bickering. Sometimes though, there was a model worth fighting over. Reed usually stayed away from these unnecessary feuds, since there was always plenty of models to choose from.

Today, he was looking to book three girls and two boys for the fall spread. So, the long day began with many, many portfolios. Reed asked few questions, preferring to let the models do the talking. The few questions he did asked were always directed to the same type of model. He had an unexplained preference for models with dark hair and dark eyes. Whenever he tried to explain why, a memory tugged the corners of his mind, but it was a memory he had long since chosen to ignore.

After a small argument with a blonde model, who was clearly offended by Reed’s complete lack of interest, Reed had his three girls and he was completely happy with all three. At this point, there was an hour break for lunch before the male models would be seen. The agency had food catered, so Reed quickly ate half a salad and grabbed a bottle of water. He had to get out of the building for a little bit. To be honest, he hated doing these bookings. He hated having to judge people like this. If he had his way, he’d be in his room painting. But it wasn’t his way, it was his mothers way and he could not disobey.

Reed quickly left the building, letting the fresh air fill his lungs. He was planning on just walking down the block and back, just to stretch his legs before he had to sit for another three or four more hours.

About halfway down the block, he froze in his tracks. He slowly turned and was facing a small playground. It was familiar to him, but he had long ago blocked this place from his thoughts. Reed stared into the park as if trying to remember. All he knew was, he was suddenly very sad. Without conscious thought, he clasped his hands together, a habit he had whenever he was upset. If only he had realized that the events that happened at this park was what started that habit in the first place.

Reed gazed at the park a little longer, before the unexplained sadness began to make him feel uncomfortable. He turned around and went back to the agency in a bit of a daze. He passed some of the hopeful male models on his way in, but he paid them no attention, far too lost in his own thoughts. He had to get himself together, so he pushed the weird sadness away and decided to ponder them further once he was back on his plane.

He returned to his seat, and re-examined the girls’ portfolios that he had chosen, just as a distraction. Soon enough, the other agents and designers returned, along with the group of male models they would be seeing. Reed was still lost in his own thoughts, so he didn’t notice one model in particular who was staring extra hard at him.

The process began again, only this time, Reed was much more distracted, lost in his own confusion. He was hardly asking questions anymore and most of the time he forgot the model as soon as they walked away. There was one model, however, that made an amazing impression and fit into Reed’s requirements perfectly. He was still jotting down notes about the boy as he stretched his free hand out for the next model to hand his portfolio. He was finishing his notes when he glanced at the name on the new book. It read, “Krasimir ‘Kras’ Svetkova”.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson October 6th 2011, 1:13 am

For some reason the name made him freeze. Reed felt that weird sadness come back as he stared at the name. Slowly, he raised his head and blue-green eyes met deep brown ones. He let out a quiet gasp as the forbidden memories came rushing back to him. It was a bit overwhelming and it was good Reed was already sitting. He remembered everything. Sneaking out, scraped palms, the feel of Kras’ hand in his, the hugs that didn’t last long enough, and the terrible goodbye that tortured Reed for years. He continued staring at Kras while the other boy smiled weakly, recognition in his eyes as well.

It was too much for Reed. He half expected to look down at his palms and still see the scrapes on his hands. He quickly stood, surprising himself and everyone else as well. Mumbling a quick apology, he fled the room leaving everyone extremely confused. He really didn’t know why he was fleeing. It could have been from the rush of the long repressed memories returning, or the fact that Kras had become breathtakingly gorgeous.

Reed rushed out the front doors, which wasn’t wise considering how clumsy he became when feeling stressed. He felt himself start to fall forward, but was stopped by a pair of strong hands gripping his shoulders. Reed looked over his shoulder, and of course it was Kras. Of course the Bulgarian model followed him. Reed turned bright red and stared his long lost friend. He was completely at a loss of what to say. What do you say to someone you haven’t seen in over ten years? Reed glanced up at Kras and mumbled a quiet, “um, t-thanks.”

Kras was looking at Reed with a mixture of sadness and apprehension. Then he put on a small smile and stated simply, “you’re velcome. I am older than you, it’s my job to take care of you.” Both boys looked sad as they both remembered the first time Kras had said that. Reed was frozen again. He had no clue what to say. He felt the need to explain himself, but had no idea how. He wanted to explain that he didn’t understand the strong connection they had after only knowing each other less than an hour. Wanted to explain how much he wanted to write him, but wasn’t allowed.

Kras seemed to be reading Reed’s mind by breaking the somewhat awkward silence. He looked sad, but he kept his eyes locked on Reed’s, “you never wrote me.” He didn’t dare remove his eyes from the smaller boy, afraid he would disappear again.

Reed took a deep breath, his eyes pleading for Kras to understand, “I wanted to! I did. But I had to tell my parents where I got the address and they weren’t happy that I snuck away all by myself in a foreign country. So my punishment was that I couldn’t write you. I’m..I’m sorry.” He wanted to explain more. He wanted to tell Kras everything, but was afraid he would have to say goodbye again.

Kras just nodded in understanding, a less nervous smile appearing on his face. “I-I haven’t forgot about you, you know. I alvays find myself remembering the little boy who captivated me in an instant. I alvays vondered vot you vere doing and if you remembered me. I thought I saw you earlier, by the park, but I vos afraid it was just some sort of illusion. I vasn’t ready to see you and lose you again.” He took a step closer to Reed, keeping their eyes locked and silently asking if this was okay.

Reed didn’t move away. He couldn’t even if he tried. His eyes began to water and he cursed himself for being such an easy crier. He felt terrible though. He hadn’t thought of Kras in a very long time because the memory was too painful. He was glad of one thing though, Kras knew they had some weird connection too. Finally Reed was able to pull himself together and took a step back. “I-I can’t do this right now. I..I have..work. I need to. This is just too..I’m sorry.” He made to walk back into the building but was stopped by Kras gripping his arm.

“Vait. Just..please. I understand you have work. But please. I can’t lose you forever again. I can’t explain it, but I feel like ve vere meant to meet again today. Please can ve...talk. After you’re done in there. I’ll vait out here. Just..please.” Kras wasn’t usually one to beg, but he couldn’t let Reed walk away again. At least not without promises to stay in touch.

Reed was biting his lip, willing the tears not to fall. He wanted nothing more than to stay with Kras, but he had responsibilities. “I..my plane leaves right after I’m done here..I, I’m sorry, but I can’t stay.” He felt that familiar ache he felt long ago. The ache he felt the last time he said goodbye.

But Kras was not going to give up that easy. “I’ll come vith you! I have plenty of money. I can fly back on my own. That will give us time. Please Reed!” Something in Reed caused him to break when he heard Kras say his name. Afraid to speak, he mearly nodded and fled back into the building.

The next couple of hours couldn’t go fast enough. Kras sat waiting outside the building, his heart fleeting while he waited for Reed. He was hardly paying attention to anyone he talked to. Reed knew it was pointless to even go back with how distracted he was, but he still had to book one more male model when suddenly his head snapped up and he realized something. Kras was exactly what he looked for in a model. He had been to distracted before to realize. Quickly gathering his things, he bid farewell to the other booking agents, who were very confused by the young mans behaviour, before he was rushing out of the building.

There was a terrifying moment when Reed didn’t see Kras, and it must have shown on his face because there was a chuckle nearby and Reed looked down to see Kras sitting along the building. “Don’t vorry. I vouldn’t have even thought about leaving. Done already?” Reed felt his heart fly and let the relief rush over him. He nodded and let a smile creep up on his face. “Well mostly. I still need to offer someone a job.” He smiled as if enjoying a private joke, leaving Kras very confused.

They share a short awkward paused before Reed starts leading the way to where his driver was waiting. “So, um, I’m taking my parents jet back to London, so you don’t need to..you know, worry about tickets there. Do you..I mean, you don’t have anything with you?” He didn’t know why he was so nervous. He was usually fine speaking with people, even if he was a little on the shy side.

Kras found Reed’s nervousness rather endearing and shook his head. “No. If I need to, I can buy stuff there. Don’t want you to miss your own plane.” There was a short, somewhat awkward pause, before Reed nodded and hopped into the car. Kras followed suit and they sat in silence for a while, not knowing where to start. Kras decided to start with the easy stuff by asking how Reed was already working in the fashion world. They spent most of the car ride with Reed explaining how he got to start working for his mother. They were nearing the airport when Reed decided to ask how Kras got into modeling, and how long he’d been doing it.

“Vell, to be honest I don’t really know how I got into it. Everyvon alvays told me I should since I vos so tall. I thought I vould give it a try. Plus I knew it meant I vould be able to meet lots of new people, and I love making new friends. As for how long I’ve been doing it, only a couple years. No big jobs. Just local stuff mostly.” Reed nodded and was on the verge of offering the job to Kras when the driver pulled up to the airport. He figured they had a four hour plane ride ahead of them, there was plenty of time to talk.

So after a short trip through security, they were boarding Reed’s plane. Luckily he had told his mother that he wouldn’t need a flight attendant, that if he needed something he would be able to get it himself. It was perfect now, it meant that he and Kras could talk without being interrupted. Both boys were feeling a bit nervous at this point. Once they were in the air, there was no turning back. No running or hiding from each other.

They took seats across from each other. Kras was looking around in wonder, having never been on a private jet before. Reed had his eyes trained on Kras, a million questions in his head. The main one he was struggling with was why he found this other boy so attractive. Reed had never had time to even think about dating before. His parents always kept him super busy, therefore Reed really had no clue if he liked boys or girls. He thought it should be something that was easy to figure out. He knew he was suppose to like girls because that’s what everyone expected. But with Kras sitting in front of him, it was hard to even think of a girl he had ever found this attractive. Did that mean he was gay? Or was the shock of seeing his old friend clouding his judgement?

Kras broke through Reed’s contemplation by leaning over and placing a hand gently on his knee. “Are you okay? You look a little...lost?” He wasn’t sure if that was the right word or not, but he couldn’t really place the look that was in Reed’s eyes.

Reed snapped out of his daze and smiled, continuously glancing down at the hand on his knee. “Sorry. Lost in thought. Do you, want anything to drink or eat? I can go grab something if you want.” Reed was stalling. He knew he was, and he knew that Kras knew he was too.

Kras smiled knowingly and shook his head, sitting back fully in his seat. “No thank you. I really just want to talk. I know ve’re both avoiding talking because ve don’t know vere to start.” He paused briefly to smile at the blush that crept up onto Reed’s cheeks, it was adorable. “I guess I’ll start vith my biggest question. Did you..Did you forget about me? Because before ven I said I thought about you from time to time, you looked...almost guilty?” He lowered his head a bit, not sure if he was ready for this answer.

Reed too was looking down, biting his lip. “Well. I wouldn’t let myself. I repressed all memories of you. After I went back last time, and got in trouble. I spent months thinking of you. I wrote letters that I never got to send. I kept talking about how I was going to see you. My parents got worried, thinking I had just made you up and that I was creating an imaginary friend. They sent me to a therapist and they made me forget. When I was at that park earlier, I felt really sad. I couldn’t explain it, but I knew there was something I was trying to remember. Then when I saw your name on the portfolio, something clicked. When I saw you, it all came rushing back. It was...intense to say the least. I felt like I had been hit by a truck or something.” He let out a weak chuckle and glanced up to Kras, who was staring intently at Reed.

Kras was stunned. “They..They made you see a therapist?” Reed nodded and bit his lip some more. “I’m..I’m sorry Reed. It vos hard for me too. I kept checking the mail, vaiting for your letters. And everyday, ven nothing came, I got sadder. My friend Andrei was there to help me though. He vos able to keep me sane, I suppose. You..you didn’t have anyone beside a therapist to talk to?” He felt terrible, thinking of the little six year old Reed having only adults to talk to.

Again, Reed shook his head. “I told you then. I didn’t have any friends. I..I still don’t really.” This confession made his face grow hot again and made Kras reach a hand over to place on top of Reed’s hand. “Hey. I’m your friend. I’ll alvays be your friend. And I fully expect you to write now. Or email. Or call. Ve don’t have to lose touch this time. Ve’re older now.”

Reed smiled, finally looking up. “Thanks Kras. It means a lot.” Then he smirked, causing Kras to sit back in his chair and look at the younger boy apprehensively. Reed continued, “and we’ll have to talk since you’ll be an employee.” He smiled then added, “if you want.”

It took a moment for this to process in the models brain. “Vait. Vait! You’re offering me a job?” Reed shook his head, “no. Hilde Van Kamp is offering you a job. And I can tell you that people don’t often turn her down.” Reed was pretty satisfied with himself but noticed the look on Kras’ face, it was unsure. “Before you say anything let me explain.” He pulled out the folders of the models he had already booked and spread them on his lap. Kras was confused and Reed rolled his eyes when he didn’t understand.

“Look at them. All tall with dark hair, dark eyes, and slightly darker skin. You fit perfectly with them, and honestly I’ve been known to typecast. Guess I didn’t realize the reason I always book models that look like this.” He looked pointedly at Kras.

Kras was positively beaming right now. A chance to work with Hilde Van Kamp was an amazing opportunity and he hardly knew what to say right now. Plus he knew it meant more time with Reed. “I..thank you Reed! Just. Thank you!” He unbuckled himself and practically flung himself onto Reed, hugging him tightly. Reed was a bit surprised by the sudden hugging, and just sort of froze. “Erm, you’re welcome. You know, usually clients don’t attack their booking agents.” He giggled and Kras pulled back with a shocked look. “Oh I’m sorry! Sorry. Carried away. And I guess it vos an excuse to hug you.”

That statement caused both boys to blush and Reed to laugh. “I was kidding. Now don’t think I gave you this job just because we’re friends. I expect you to work just as hard as the other models. Your performance reflects upon my abilities to book models, remember that.” He realized he just got a bit bossy, but Kras was smiling, so he figured it was okay.

“Yes sir! I promise to be a model employee.” Kras laughed at his own pun and Reed just shook his head.

After that, they chatted non-stop during the flight. Kras told Reed everything about his life in Bulgaria, and Reed told Kras about his life traveling around the world. The flight was nearing an end and Kras still had one big question on his mind. Something he was a bit afraid to ask. When the pilot announced they would be landing in twenty minutes, Kras plucked up the courage.

“Reed, can I ask you something.” Reed looked at him like he was crazy, since that’s what they had pretty much been doing this entire time. Kras smiled, “right. Vell. It’s a bit personal. The thing is. Vell, I really like you Reed. I’ll be thanking every being possible that ve vere able to meet again. But I have to know, so I know how to..act I guess. Are you..Are you gay?”

The question Reed was hoping not to get asked. He froze in his seat, staring at Kras. He stared until he knew the silence had become awkward, and Kras was shifting in his seat. Reed tore his gaze away and looked down at his fingers. “I really like you too Kras. But I don’t know. I’ve never...I’ve never really had the opportunity to find out. I don’t...I don’t know. I’m sorry.” He took a deep breath as he felt the tears surge up again. He didn’t even hear Kras moving towards him until he felt a gentle finger lifting his chin up. Kras was kneeling in front of Reed, so Reed was somewhat looking down on him. Their eyes locked and Kras’ deep brown eyes were searching Reed’s confused blue ones. He whispered gently, “maybe I can help,” and started moving his face closer to Reed’s.

Reed stopped breathing, but felt himself moving towards Kras as well, as if there was some magnetic force pulling them together. Gently, ever so gently, Kras pressed his lips to Reed’s and they both felt their worlds erupt. Reed knew from the moment their lips met, that it didn’t matter if he was gay or straight. What mattered was that he fell for this boy, and nothing mattered besides that. The kiss meant everything. They found each other, without looking, for a second time. This was what coming home felt like. Home had nothing to do with where you lived, or what you labeled yourself as, it was this feeling. The feeling of knowing you can’t live without someone. Knowing that no matter what you do, that person will be there for you.

The kiss was simple and chaste, and over way too quickly. Both boys opened their eyes, not even realized they had closed, and stared at each other. Nothing needed to be said. Everything was already said with a simple kiss. They sat staring at each other for who knows how long. Their hands found each others and held on tight. Soon though, reality set back in as the pilot announced they would be making their final descent.

They broke apart, Kras sitting back in his seat and buckling himself in. Still, they didn’t speak. Instead, they sat smiling at each other. Sure there would be a lot to figure out. They both understood that it would not be easy. But both knew how hard it was to be without the other, and they would never go back to that. They would never say a final goodbye again.

Xx END
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum