Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Compiled Diary of James Potter and Sirius Black

Go down

The Compiled Diary of James Potter and Sirius Black Empty The Compiled Diary of James Potter and Sirius Black

Post  Guest March 8th 2010, 6:14 am

Hey guys! This is weird, starting from the beginning again... I was going to post today and I discovered Average Wizard moved. So, should I post from the beginning? Or should I just jump in and re-post later?

I need to remember what shorts I posted. Please help. Here's a list of what I think I had posted so far. If you remember one, just leave me the basic plot you can remember so I can find it on my computer.

Prologue/Introduction
Dorcas Gets Smashed (self explanatory)
Accidentally in Love (where she accidentally gets kissed by Sirius in 3rd year)
Dorcas gets pranked (the tongue twisting hex thing)
The day after (where she confronts Faith)
The Potions Greeting (slughorns sixth year introduction)
The Birthday Present (where Sirius gets her a cat)
The Birthday Sequel (where she explains said cats name)
And it's really late so I don't remember the rest. Please help! I'm trying to pull this fanfic back together!

I know there are a few from first year or second year that I don't remember.... But I know I posted them. I think.

I don't know if I posted this or not, so I'll post it now...and save the other one until I find what I have or haven't posted.

Genius
Year One

Florence Prewett had grown up as one child in five, the youngest, the baby. And Florence Prewett did not like being treated like a baby. She was her own woman now (at the ripe old age of eleven) and wanted no help from anyone.

Florence also supposed this was why she was trying to be friends with Dorcas Meadowes. Despite the blonde girls unnatural height that towered over her, the poor girl was practically screaming for help from her terrified eyes and hunched shoulders.

And now Florence discovered that Dorcas was completely at a loss when it came to magic. They had gone through a week of lessons and Monday had rolled around again. It seemed that the only thing Dorcas had understood was Defense Against the Dark Arts.

“Transfiguration again,” Florence said cheerily on Monday morning at breakfast. Dorcas visibly paled. By far, Transfiguration had been her worst lesson. Professor McGonagall had called on her during their class to try a spell out.

The piece of parchment Dorcas was supposed to be turning into a paperclip burst into flame.

James Potter, the messy haired boy with glasses, and his two new best mates had burst into uproarious laughter at this, causing Dorcas to turn red and trip multiple times back to her seat. Professor McGonagall called the boys to order and continued with the lesson, awarding five points to Gryffindor for bravery.

“T-transfiguration?” Dorcas gulped. “R-right.” She stood shakily and followed Florence out of the Great Hall. Dorcas was quiet for the entire walk. Florence debated saying something to break the silence but decided against it as the Transfiguration classroom came into view.

Two boys with messy black hair were lounging casually against the wall. A very pale sandy haired boy was standing next to them. It seemed that Dorcas and Florence were early.

The boys were James Potter, Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin. Florence remembered them distinctly from their first Transfiguration lesson. And her memory was not a happy one.

“…don’t understand why we can’t start working on Transfiguring something exciting,” James was saying. Remus nodded distractedly.

“I want to learn about animagi,” said Sirius quickly.

“Animagi are really talented at Transfiguration – you’d never be able to do that kind of magic in a million years,” snapped Florence, walking up to pass the boys to get to the classroom.

“Prewett, right?” asked James, pointedly ignoring her insult to his intelligence.

Florence narrowed her eyes. “Yes….?”

“Your brother Gideon – he’s friends with my dad,” said James in a nonchalant way.

“Oh.”

The five stood awkwardly around until McGonagall let them into the classroom, bidding them good morning with a thin lipped smile. Florence dragged Dorcas to their seats towards the front of the room and they sat down. The classroom finally began to fill and the lesson began.

“Today, we’ll be discussing and working on transfiguring a piece of rock to a piece of wood. Elemental transfiguration is the basis of all transfiguring. I’ll assume you practiced transfiguring your parchment as homework, as similar substance transfiguration is essential in today’s lesson, now….”

As McGonagall began to lecture over elemental transfiguration, Dorcas began to pale.

From the back of the class, Florence heard James scoff. “This is easy.”

Unfortunately for him, McGonagall asked him to demonstrate. To Florence’s frustration, the arrogant toe-rag pulled off the transfiguration nearly perfect. James Potter smirked and McGonagall’s eyes narrowed.

“Very good,” McGonagall said shortly. “It seems we have a new resident genius. Five points to Gryffindor.”

James sat in his seat cockily. He turned to his friends. “I told you.”

That was when McGonagall lost it.

The Gryffindors all groaned as McGonagall assigned extra homework to be handed in on the following Monday. A two foot scroll on the difference between elemental transfiguration and more complex forms, with a choice of either Animagi or Animal Transfiguration.

Florence stalked out of Transfiguration with a groan. Dorcas followed her feet slowly, dreading every minute of the already horrible Monday this was turning out to be. She wasn’t following Florence as closely as she had originally thought, because she ran into someone standing in the hallway.

“Oi!”

“Ooof!” Dorcas exhaled as she fell to the ground. She looked up and felt a chill run through her bones. A tall stately fourth year Slytherin was glaring icily down at her.

“Mudblood,” she seethed. “Get off my robes.”

Dorcas frantically scrambled backwards. Before she could get far, a hand grabbed her under her arm and hauled her to her feet.

“Bellatrix,” a spiteful voice said near her ear.

“Sirius,” the fourth year said with an equal amount of spite. Dorcas looked over and saw to her surprise, Sirius Black – James Potter’s best friend – clutching her arm to support her.

Sirius just glared. “C’mon Meadowes,” he said quietly, dragging Dorcas away from the Slytherin girl who looked like she was ready to hex Sirius. Once around the corner, Sirius let go of Dorcas’ arm quickly. “Florence is looking for you.”

Even as he said this, Florence came sprinting from around another corner and nearly ran headlong into the startled blonde.

“Where have you been?”

“I-I-I-I just – I just- I ran into a problem,” Dorcas stuttered. From the corner of her eye she saw Sirius laugh and joke as he rejoined his friends. She brushed aside her confusion and let Florence haul her to their next lesson. Her mind was too busy to be bothered by where she was going.

There was apparently more to Sirius Black than met the eye.

A/N: Yeah, I probably already posted this but I need to get my bearings back. I'm so lost!!! I should have saved the other stories before hand... A lack of preparation on my part does not constitute an emergency on Eowyn's part..... *sigh*....
REVIEW!!!

Back to top Go down

The Compiled Diary of James Potter and Sirius Black Empty Re: The Compiled Diary of James Potter and Sirius Black

Post  Guest March 9th 2010, 5:22 am

DORCAS! You've returned!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

The Compiled Diary of James Potter and Sirius Black Empty Re: The Compiled Diary of James Potter and Sirius Black

Post  Guest March 10th 2010, 1:25 am

Yes!!! I'm back!!! ...I've been here since I found out the site changed at least.... and I'm hoping all my readers come back...... I need help remembering my posts from the other site......... Sad

Help?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest March 16th 2010, 4:58 pm

Everyone's gonna hate me, but since the other site went down, so has my popularity (awww....) and I don't have all my stories so I have to re-write them (long story)....so I quit. Sorry!!!

And also, this site has no draw since I'm not into X rated and they took away the common rooms. Razz So adios. Dorcas is out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett March 16th 2010, 11:02 pm

Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down