Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Desks

+3
Rose Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Lily Evans
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Study Desks - Page 3 Empty Re: Study Desks

Post  Lily Evans October 22nd 2011, 7:03 am

"Luckily, I can be pretty good at that on occasion." Except when it's anything to do with Potter, but Lily's not about to admit that, even to herself. "That's a pretty coloured journal. You like to write, then?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 22nd 2011, 7:05 am

I look up and nod. "I love to write. Unless it has anything to do with history. Obviously." (I meant to say leather bound journal. o.o)
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShyShy17

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 22nd 2011, 7:27 am

"I think almost anybody but Bathilda Bagshot would agree with you," Lily says, snorting softly. "She does write some wonderful histories though, they were the one bright spot about Binns' classes." (No worries - you can edit it by clicking the edit button on each of your posts if you like XD)
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 22nd 2011, 7:33 am

Stops writing for a second and look around the room. "Hmm, yeah. She was the only thing that makes history any fun."
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 22nd 2011, 7:42 am

"Mmhmm," Lily agrees. She falls back into silence, and for a few minutes there is only the sounds of writing, broken by the occasional rustle of parchment as Lily flicks through books and cross-references a couple of the particulars of her essay. She chews her lip as she works, hair tumbling over her shoulder and tickling one cheek lightly.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 22nd 2011, 8:09 am

I look down at my notebook and start to write. I purse my lips in concentration as i think of what to write.
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 23rd 2011, 12:14 am

Lily works silently for the next little while, absorbed in her essay. She reaches for one of the books on top of the pile but, with her eyes fixed on her work and not paying attention to what her hand is doing, she is unprepared for the weight of the book and it thuds noisily to the desk. The ancient wooden desk shudders, and Lily looks around sheepishly. "Sorry," she murmurs, sliding the book closer to her.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 24th 2011, 5:56 am

(Sorry, I had to take my fiancee home and i wasnt in the mood to get on the computer the last couple of days but i am back now.) Lissiana jumps as the book hits the desk. She looks up with wide eyes. "Wow. That was unexpected but its ok. You havent got the chance to see it yet but i am extremely clumzy to. Im surprised i havent dropped or broke something yet. Its been well over an hour. Its over do"
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 27th 2011, 1:21 pm

[No worries.]

"You've probably gone and jinxed yourself now," Lily points out with a little grin. She's glad Pince hasn't come swooping down on them to screech about loudness in the Library and flips through the book to find the page she's looking for. She begins to copy some notes from the book, muttering angrily about magical law being "kind of bloody and barbaric sometimes" as she does so.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott July 15th 2012, 8:19 am

Emily slammed another book down on the table, which is in the library by the way but there's no library thread so this'll do. This one was titled Ancient Curses to Set Your Lover Straight, and while Emily was reasonably sure that it was written by some disgruntled housewife who hadn't done any magic besides self-cleaning dishes since her schools days, she had higher hopes for it than for Jinxes For a Charlatan's Toenails. Just how many jinxes could one think up involving someone's toenails, and how bad could they really be? Still, this collection would have to do, as Emily had reason to believe that all the good curse books were tucked away in the Restricted Section. There just had to be something in the piles of books covering the long table that would help her get some payback on that bitch who raided her potions supplies and, to top it off, stole some of her jewelry. She knew it was one of her dormmates, that was for certain. She'd just track down the stolen goods and then curse the hell out of the thief and that would be that. Was she overreacting? Maybe. But she'd been a little strung out ever since she'd caught Penny and Louis flirting like - like - like two people who were probably going to go have sex later or something. She was too angry to think of a clever name to call them.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley July 15th 2012, 8:34 am

Louis walked into the library in hopes of finding some light reading, and secretly hoping to find his girlfriend, whom he was pretty sure was upset with him. Some chick from Slytherin had decided she wanted to "chat" with him earlier this week, and Emily had found him while he was trying to push the girl out of his personal space bubble, and he hadn't seen her since. He suddenly heard someone muttering in frustration and slamming books around and decided to check it out. He was only slightly surprised to find that the source of the noise was Emily, and he frowned. Hoping that the reason for the extreme frustration wasn't all about him, he sidled up to her table and picked up a book and flicked through it, "Jinxes For A Charlatan's Toenails huh? I've heard it's a boring read." Trying to get a grin out of her, Louis chuckled slightly, but faltered.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott July 15th 2012, 8:44 am

Emily barely even looked up from her place in yet another book. "Yeah and it's completely useless too. Six variations on how to make them grow forever and ten on ingrown toenails. One for each toe, you see." She couldn't deny the slight urge to be closer to Louis, like a fishing line was hooked into her stomach region and he had the other end, and for some cruel reason was pulling it this way and that instead of reeling her straight in. Behind the computer screen, Cat punched herself in the face for such a weird and unnecessary simile what the hell. "Do you think they have a copy of Curses for Inflicting Pain outside of the Restricted Section?" The curses weren't meant for Louis, but she didn't bother to indicate otherwise.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley July 15th 2012, 8:52 am

Louis frowned slightly, cursing people just didn't sound like Emily and he was getting slightly worried, not to mention he was sincerely hoping she wasn't planning on cursing him. "Not sure, probably not though..." he trailed off, wondering how to word his next sentence so as not to inflict wrath upon himself, "uh Em, not that I need to know, but just uhhh, what are you looking at curses for? Is there anyone in particular I need to take care of for you?" and then realizing that he sounded like a total idiot, he tried again "I mean, what's wrong Emily? Cursing? That's not very like you."
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott July 15th 2012, 8:59 am

Emily shoved two or three books aside and reached for 100 Uglifying Spells. It had promise, but they all seemed temporary and temporary just didn't quite jive with her level of wrath. "It's also not very like me to frolick naked through the Scottish Highlands wearing a pickle tub on my head and tin buckets on my feet," she said distractedly. It's not like she was avoiding the question or anything. Though really if he had to word it like she needed taken care of then she certainly shouldn't feel obligated to answer, right? Yeah. She was taking care of her own problems in a calm and rational manner, because people who steal things deserve their noses blasted right off their faces.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley July 15th 2012, 9:07 am

"And have you been frolicking naked through the Scottish Highlands wearing a pickle tub on your head and tin buckets on your feet? Because I have to admit, that's something I would be quite interested in seeing, and would be very disappointed if you hadn't invited me." He waited for a reaction, but after not receiving one he sat on the table next to Emily, put a hand on the book in front of her and looked down at her. "Come on Emily, you usually love my wit and charm. What's going on Em? Is this about that girl the other day because honestly there was NOTHING going on and I was just trying to get away from her I swear!"
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott July 15th 2012, 9:16 am

Emily tried to hold her steely resolve, but after a few moments her eyes flicked to Louis, then quickly away. "No, it's not about you," she said finally. "Some girl stole all my potions stuff and my jewelry and was that girl in Slytherin because seriously, she looked like a total skank and I'm pretty sure I've seen her with a pretty shady crowd and the necklace you gave me for Christmas is missing do you really want to see me naked?" At some point during her rant she had stood up, and now she flopped back down at the table and shuffled some more books around. "Oh my god I totally take that last part back it just sort of oh my god sorry." She reflected momentarily that she would have to buy a large cork to stuff in her mouth for future anxious babbling attacks.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley July 15th 2012, 9:27 am

Louis raised an eyebrow as Emily kept talking in a run on sentence. His eyes widened in total shock at the end of her sentence and a little color flooded into his cheeks. Trying to keep his male hormones at least somewhat in check, he cleared his throat awkwardly, before actually registering what else she had said. He really did have the most adorable girlfriend and he smiled inwardly at that fact before coming back to reality. He cupped the side of her face with one hand, and smoothed out some of her hair, "hey hey hey, Em, look at me. It's gonna be okay, we'll get your stuff back, I promise. Second, yes she was in Slytherin and yes she is definitely a part of the crowd you're thinking of so no I would never go near her willingly. And that last part, well...uh...heh..." Louis could feel more heat rising in his face as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly, all pretense of the smooth operator pretty much gone.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott July 15th 2012, 9:38 am

"But they have my necklace," she protested weakly, though she was starting to come to her senses about the whole cursing the thief inside out thing. "And are you sure because she was all googly eyed and everything. Can I at least curse her? I have the perfect advanced aging spell." She turned back to the table and moved some books around. "She'd be all wrinkly and saggy and everything." In her distraction, she wasn't quite keeping track of the whole nakedness thing, but she added as an afterthought, "Wouldn't want to see her naked..."
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley July 15th 2012, 9:50 am

Louis laughed softly, "No definitely not, only one girl want to see naked, and she is definitely not her." His eyes widened as he thought about what he had actually just said out loud and he coughed "Oh Merlin, I mean just that you, and she isn't and I just..." sighing, Louis dropped his head into his hands, and shook his head. "I'm an idiot...a total idiot." his voice was just a bit muffled by his hands, but he couldn't look up at Emily, he could practically feel the heat radiating off his face.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott July 15th 2012, 9:58 am

Emily just kind of stared at him a little uncomprehendingly as he got more and more tongue-tied. "What? Another gi - Oh." She twiddled her thumbs for a moment, then kind of awkwardly patted him on the back. "Nah, you're just mostly an idiot." She sat for a moment and pretended she could feel the awkwardness seeping away when it really didn't actually go anywhere. "Soooo.... wanna help me put some books away?" Her first impulse had been to joke that she would get naked for anyone who helped her with the books, but she decided that was probably in poor taste, and would do very little help.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley July 15th 2012, 10:09 am

Looking up slightly from his hands, Louis grinned sheepishly at his girlfriend before regaining at least some of his composure "Jeez Prescott, look what you've reduced me to!" He grinned a little bigger this time, before hopping off the table and bending down to give his girl a proper kiss for the first time in days. "I'm at your beck and call, milady, ask and you shall receive!" He held out his arms and waited for her to load them up with books.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott July 15th 2012, 10:18 am

Emily grinned and started handing him books. "Okay, so Potions of Indigestion goes back to the Potions section, and I'm not sure how I meant to use that book because all my potions stuff is missing. And here's 1000 Ways to Curse Your Boyfriend, which belongs in the fiction section, which in retrospect should have been a clue." She stopped for a moment, looked at him, then pitched forward and gave him a huge hug that was somewhat impeded by his armfuls of books, but the emotion was still there. "Sorry I almost set all your chocolate frogs loose in your bed wanna go find some snacks later?"
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley July 15th 2012, 10:25 am

Louis nodded as Emily told him where to put back each of the books she handed him, though his mouth dropped when she handed him 1000 Ways to Curse Your Boyfriend, but he closed it in lieu of laughing and shaking his head. "You're such a sil-woah" he started to tip backward when Emily came at him, but managed to slip an arm around her while balancing the books in the other arm, dropping a kiss on top of her head. "Snacks sound fantas-wait, you were going to let loose my chocolate frogs? Where is your sense of dignity for a man's favorite sweets woman?!" He grinned and laughed as they put away her books together. When they finished, they walked hand-in-hand out of the library.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3