Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

3 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 5 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 10:45 am

Gideon is glad Lily is grateful for it. He hears her reponse and can't help but snicker again. "I don't think that's what he meant, babe." He says quietly. He sits up, brushing himself off, before looking up at the security guard, who is still standing directly over him. "Sorry, sir, but if you could move back a little then I might actually have room to stand up," he says, polite but forceful. The guard does so, and Gideon stands, holding his hand out to Lily, still on the ground.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 5 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 10:52 am

"Oh." Lily bites her lip, frowning a little because once Gideon points it out to her, it's all too obvious. For a moment she frets at bring caught out of bounds and being apparently disrespectful on top of it, but the moment passes quickly. Really, there's no need for that attitude from the guard. He could just tell them to move, it's clear they haven't meant to do any harm. With a look of gratitude, she takes Gideon's hand and hops to her feet, dusting her bum off quickly and then gathering the two swords and the crown so that they can step back over the low chain link barrier into the cobblestones. She stands there for a moment, not quite sure what to do. "Erm, we'll be going now," she announces, and with the hand not juggling the swords and the crown, she grabs Gideon's and makes a break for the exit. Once they've completely left the Tower and are back into the street, she looks at Gideon, pink-faced, and starts to laugh again.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 1:19 pm

Gideon runs after Lily, throwing a smirk back at the guard for good measure, and join in her laughter after they leave the Tower. "Well, it's a good thing I've been there before," he comments, "because they might never let me in again now!" When they have finished laughing, Gideon takes a sword from Lily and hooks it in the belt loops on his pants. "I think we can say I won this one, don't you? Where to now, Your Majesty?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 1:31 pm

"Somehow I don't see you being too heartbroken about that," Lily chuckles, holding the sword and the crown loosely in one hand and settling the other in Gideon's. She nudges him slightly. "Actually, if you want to get technical about it, I ended up on top," she points out, but doesn't push any further because she's too relaxed and happy as she gets her bearings and heads for the nearest entrance to the Tube. "How about some lunch, then, my good knight? If I remember right, you said something about a place in Hyde Park? Battle is hard work, I'm famished."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 2:51 pm

"Yeah, you think?" Gideon says, smirking. "Sounds like a brilliant plan, milady. And I did mention it, a place in the boathouse. We need to head back to the Tube, my dear." He says regally, offering his arm to her for her to take, before they head back to the Tube. "The nearest station is Tower Hill to here, and it's on the Circle line. We can either get off at South Kensington and walk to Hyde Park, or we can change trains, and then get the Picadilly Line from South Kensington to Hype Park Corner. Basically, it all depends on both how hungry you are, and whether you can be bothered to walk or not. Up to you!"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 2:57 pm

Lily just smirks, because she definitely ended up on top, and she's pretty sure they both quite liked it. Smiling to herself, she slips her free arm through his as they descend to take the Tube again. "Oh, I don't know. It's a nice day, I have a crown and a sword, and apparently I'm the queen now. Let's walk. If we get too hungry we can just become pirates and storm the boathouse demanding food," she jokes, double-checking that they're stepping onto the correct train by force of habit even though Gideon probably knows without even looking.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 3:03 pm

Gideon does know that they're on the right train, and has enough experience with the Tube over many summers to know his way around pretty much without difficulty. "Okay then! Well, it's quite a few stops to South Kensington [11, in case you're wondering] so we'll easily be able to walk from there." He says as he watches the abandoned buildings and graffiti fly by.

[The Circle and District lines, love, are the only ones which are completely or at all overground.]
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 3:12 pm

[Oh well look at Mya learning something today. *nods* Thanks! Just ignore the 'descend' thing then >.>]

"Ok," Lily says lightly, settling into the seat next to Gideon and fiddling absently with the plastic crown in her hands while she lets her eyes wander lazily about the carriage. The stops fly by in easy silence, but as they approach the final stages of the trip Lily speaks again. "After lunch, should we start heading back? I still need to get to Harrod's before closing," she remembers. "Oh, and will we be in tonight, or going out somewhere?" she wonders, not sure if she should rely on borrowing Alice's wardrobe for anything she might need or if she needs to plan ahead.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 3:16 pm

[Oh, I completely missed that - that was more of a general information about London thing. -loves you-]

Gideon nods - a general nod that really could mean anything. "Sure we can! Harrod's is practically on the way back to the apartment, so that sounds good. And you don't need to worry about fancy clothes or anything, I figured we'd just stay in after having a fancy lunch. As long as that's all right with you, of course." Gideon is completely fine with Lily borrowing more of Alice's clothes, but would be happy to help/carry things, should she want to shop properly.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 3:24 pm

[*giggles* *loves you too*]

"That sounds perfect," Lily sighs, actually quite relieved. Even if this has been one of the best days Lily ever remembers having in her life, it is shaping up to be quite a long one. After such a full day, just staying in with Gideon sounds like an amazing plan for their evening. Short!post is short, so the train approaches South Kensington and Lily moves to the doors, awaiting Gideon because she's unsure which way to go once they depart the station.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 3:31 pm

Gideon smiles. "I'm glad." He has been having an amazing day, that is for sure, but indeed, it is a long (and very full) day. As the train approaches, Gideon follows Lily towards the door and they walk to the exit together. As they emerge again, into the sunlight, Gideon can see Hyde Park across the road, leading off into the distance. It really is a beautiful day, despite the few clouds in the sky, as the light falls through the leaves and dapples the gravel paths.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 3:44 pm

Lily smiles across at Gideon, knowing he is appreciating the sentiment of a quiet night in just as much as she is. She stands still for a moment, just taking in the spread across the road that fills even more than her eyesight can take in. "It really is pretty," she murmurs in appreciation as they cross and head into the trees. The sun is barely hindered by the few clouds in the sky, little patches of light hit her skin through the canopy of leaves and Lily tilts her face back a bit, closing her eyes for a few moments and letting the warmth fill her.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 3:49 pm

Gideon smiles back at Lily warmly. He watches her practically absorbing the sunlight, and can't help but to slip an arm around her waist and gently kiss her cheek. "You are beautiful," he says simply. After a moment, he points off to a square building which can be seen in the distance. "See over there? That's where we're headed, babe."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 3:57 pm

Lily keeps her eyes closed as she feels Gideon's arm move about her waist and his lips press against her cheek, warming it further still, but when he speaks, she opens her eyes and turns a look of pure affection up towards him. She thinks he is beautiful, too, but she simply smiles her gratitude and turns to follow where he is pointing. "That one?" she says, her own finger pointing out the square building she thinks he's pointing to. "I'd race you, but that is entirely too much effort," she announces, strolling easily along with his arm still about her waist.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 4:02 pm

Gideon sighs deeply. "Yeah, that one. And I agree - I think one sword fight is entirely enough exercise for today - at least until after we get some lunch." He says as they walk along the path. They must look exactly like every other couple wandering around, very much in love, and Gideon supposes that apart from a few things (such as their schooling and wizarding blood), they are like all the other couples out enjoying the lovely day.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 4:09 pm

"Sword fighting is surprisingly hard work," Lily comments idly. She falls into silence as they walk for several minutes in the direction of the boathouse, Lily's thoughts unknowingly travelling along a similar path to Gideon's. Looking around to see the other couples -young and old, and everything in between- together, she thinks about how some things are universal, and how it doesn't matter if she's at Hogwarts, or Hyde Park, or Tanzania; she'd still feel the same about Gideon, and there's something amazing and comforting about that to her.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 4:16 pm

If Gideon knew what Lily was thinking, he'd be very very very awed. Because he doesn't (obviously), he simply walks with Lily, thinking until his trail of thought runs out, and then walks with an empty mind towards the boat house restaurant.

[Short!Post is short and lame. Sorry!]
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 4:21 pm

[That's ok - I'm starting to get tired and I have a whole pile of crap that needs to be sorted before I can actually uncover my bed tonight. >.> So I will probably go soon for the night. <3]

Lily does not know how to empty her mind, so she lets her trails of thought run on and split into new ones and circle back into old ones and also wonder whether or not she should add that extra four inches to her Arithmancy essay, and finally they reach the restaurant. After only a couple of minutes waiting, despite the fact that it seems quite busy, they are seated at a nice table with glasses of water in front of them, perusing the menu. "You've eaten here before, what do you think is good?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 4:28 pm

Gideon takes the seat offered by the waiter with a muttered 'thanks'. "Well, practically everything is amazing, so I suppose it depends on what you like best. I think I'm going to go for the pork today." He says, taking a quick look over the menu, even though he already knows most of the things on it. "What about you?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 12th 2011, 4:23 am

"I'm starving, I want the steak," Lily says, and she orders it cooked medium, with salad. While they await their meals, she sips at her water and lets her eyes wander around the restaurant, taking it all in. She smiles across the table at Gideon, because while to him it may not seem like all that much, she loves that he seems to want to share nice things with her. "Is it wrong that I almost wish I was graduating this year?" she says after a short while.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 12th 2011, 1:53 pm

Gideon blinks as Lily orders the steak, but he smiles. He takes a long drink of water and simply watches Lily as she looks around - after all, it's not like he's never seen these surroundings before. "What would make you say that, babe?" He asks, although he thinks he might already know at least part of the answer.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 12th 2011, 2:08 pm

Lily just shrugs, turning her full attention back to Gideon and smiling slightly. "I don't know. I love Hogwarts, I really do - it's more home than home is, actually. But being out of there, even for a couple of days, reminds me how cut off and closed in it is, I don't even know if I'm explaining myself at all," she rambles, shaking her head and letting the words come as best they can. "Everything that goes on there just seems so insignificant, I think, that I would rather be somewhere where I could make a difference." She pauses, hesitates, bites her lip, and speaks again. "Besides, when I go back next year, everyone I really... care about... will be gone already." It's true, she's truly realising for the first time. Now only will she be without Gideon, but she'll also be without Ted, her very best friend, and she's going to feel the loneliness of both absences keenly.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 12th 2011, 2:23 pm

Gideon smiles, but it's a sad smile. "I know what you mean - I mean, Fabian and I are graduating at the end of this year, but Molly and Alice will still be in school, and we'll have to be adults and stuff. It's just so strange, to think about going from somewhere like Hogwarts to the rest of thhe world in such a short time. I don't know what I'm going to do next year yet, even," he admits. It's almost as if he's only just realised what's coming, and especially that Lily won't be there.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 12th 2011, 2:35 pm

Lily looks at Gideon, a little taken aback, and she wonders then why she's never thought to ask him before. "You don't have any plans for next year?" She blinks, looking down at her meal for a moment and then looking back up as she struggles with the concept of not having a plan. "Or if not, there must be something you'd like to do once you're free? If you're not thinking of work or career and the like, somewhere you'd like to go? Places to see, travel plans?" She tucks her hair behind her ear, knowing she's probably sounding borderline pushy with all of her questions, but unable to contain her curiosity.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 12th 2011, 2:59 pm

Gideon shrugs. "Not yet - I still have a couple of months until graduation." He says, slicing off a piece of pork and eating it before he continues. "I do want to travel, true, and spend some time relaxing and stuff. Maybe I'll take a year off before I start something. I've been thinking about becoming an Auror or something, you know. Fighting evil." He adds while stabbing a carrot with his fork.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next