Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

3 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 9 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Lily Evans November 22nd 2011, 3:01 am

*snorts*
Well then Lily says she'll practice her very best 'but there must be something I can do to change your mind, Officer' line. Clearly she is taking advice from Jack right now. "Oh I don't know, babe, if you local chip shop is anything like mine you've probably already eaten cement and you just don't know it," Lily smirks. She fishes around in the cupboard Gideon had grabbed the saucepan from and comes up with a strainer. "Want to get some bowls for me, then? We're good to go here." She turns the heat off, drains the pasta in the sink, and tips it back into the saucepan so that she can stir the sauce through. She can't help sniggering a little bit at his confession. "You're such a 'carefree white boy' sometimes, you know? Not that there's anything wrong with that," she tells him, because she doesn't mind at all. It's obvious he really does know how good he has it.

PS - Molly says screw restaurants, her spaghetti is way better. Wink
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 9 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Angelina Johnson November 29th 2011, 2:37 am

-replying as Gideon here because I'm on my netbook and it's too much effort to get Firefox on here-

Gideon hopes that she will practice, and that she stays on her very best behaviour... And while Angelina isn't quite sure she agrees, Gideon thinks Jack give excellent advice. "God, that's a depressing thought. I loved that chippie..." He muses as he moves over to the cupboard where the bowls live, retrieving two and putting them on the bench near the saucepan. "Well, it is pretty hard not to be carefree when you have my life. You should try it sometime - it's pretty awesome, you know."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 29th 2011, 11:49 pm

lol weirded me out for a moment there. >.> Also, working on le AJack post too, Jack's just a bit quieter this week - he goes walkabout when I am braindead I think...

Of course Lily will practice; she never does anything unless she's going to do it well. She pulls a sympathetic face, well, sympathy laced with amusement anyway, at Gideon's musings. "Sorry to burst your bubble there, babe. Suppose it would've been kinder to let you live on in ignorance for that one?" As she finishes fixing two bowls of pasta topped with much cheesy goodness -she doesn't even realise she's taken over the work again despite handing it off to Gideon to begin with, it's just a force of habit for her- she smirks. With Gideon's words, her mind travels back to those couple of weeks where they'd spent in each other's bodies thanks to a teeny tiny potions-related miscalculation on her part. "I have tried it, remember? Your life is definitely not without its charms, but I do like my own life quite a bit, really."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 5th 2011, 10:12 am

-as Gideon-

Gideon appreciates her persistence and enthusiasm. "Yeah, it probably would have been much kinder to let me suffer without knowing, you know. And I do remember, but it's different actually being me, I think, even when compared to being in my body. Not that that wasn't an interesting experience, of course..." He adds, taking a bowl and a fork and mixing in some of the cheese into the pasta.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 5th 2011, 1:31 pm

"But then when you finally did find out, you'd have been mad at me for keeping you in the dark, it'd be as if I was lying to you," Lily points out, punctuating her point with a little wave of her fork. She picks up her own bowl of pasta, pressing the cheese down into the pasta so it slowly melts over the top like a little cheese hat. Looking up at Gideon, she chuckles. "Very interesting. So, table or couch?" she wonders, not minding where they sit but hoping Gideon picks somewhere and goes with it because Lily's tummy is still growling and her mouth has started watering now that the scent of the cooked pasta is wafting right under her nose.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 5th 2011, 1:39 pm

-Gideon-

Gideon smiles. "Not really - if it was in my best interests... And it' snot really like it's super super important or anything, really." He continues absent-mindedly stirring his pasta. "Couch. Much more comfy." He decides, heading over to the spot in question and taking a seat as he takes his first mouthful. "Mmmm, perfect."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 5th 2011, 2:17 pm

"You know me -all about the principle of the matter," Lily murmurs almost apologetically. She follows Gideon to the couch, but instead of sitting down she sets her bowl on the coffee table, fork sticking out of it, and sets to work. Very carefully, she gathers up the books she bought as part of her retail therapy and slides them back into the shopping bags for safe-keeping. Lily is generally very tidy and organised, but nowhere near as OCD about neatness as her sister. Except, of course, when it comes to her books, because it would be a bit disastrous if she spilled something on one of them. Only when her books are stowed safely away, the bags themselves on the floor beyond the far end of the couch because they can't even be risked too close to food within their bags, does Lily take a seat. Gideon's borrowed shirt is just long enough that if she takes care, she can sit next to him on the couch, cross-legged, and keep covered enough to satisfy her modesty. She suspects Gideon wouldn't mind in the least if she wasn't so concerned with making sure she doesn't flash her knickers about the place while it's just the two of them, but Lily has standards for her own respectability. Making a little noise with the strain, she leans forward as far as she can to grab her bowl and pull it back towards herself. Finally, she has a mouthful of their creation. "Mmm! It's so good I think my tastebuds just started dancing. Clearly we're the best team ever, mastering pasta a-la-leftover junk in the cupboard on the first attempt," she grins, then dives back in for another mouthful.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 5th 2011, 3:01 pm

-Gideon-

Gideon watches with an amused smile as Lily rearranges her thing to minimise the potential effect of the pasta - it is only expected, he supposes, that she should put the books first. He wouldn't really have it any other way. Also, Gideon wouldn't mind at all. "It is really good! I'm kind of impressed, I'm not going to lie." He scoops another mouthful with a smirk.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 5th 2011, 3:22 pm

Lily spots Gideon's amused smile and turns briefly to smile back, completely unabashed. She regrets nothing. Also, Lily was fairly sure of that, but she's also fairly sure that satiating that very unsexy tummy growling she's got going on completely trumps anything to do with Gideon's view of her underpants right now. She has another couple of mouthfuls, nodding in agreement with his words. "Impressed, and a little surprised by our success," she confesses, wiping the corner of her mouth with her thumb to take care of an imaginary drop of pasta sauce. "I did half expect that the only food we'd be getting our hands on tonight would be delivered by some poor uni student who doesn't get paid enough to wear those terrible hats most places make their delivery boys wear."

Like this one:
Spoiler:
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 7th 2011, 1:12 pm

-Gideon, obviously-

Tummy growling is not very attractive, I must admit. "Surprised? With the two of us on the case, you shouldn't be surprised about anything, my dear!" Gideon says grandly, before taking another bite. "Terrible hats? I assure you, the only places I have ever gotten delivery from have no delivery boy hats. Only the best for the Prewetts, after all."

Last edited by Angelina Johnson on December 7th 2011, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 7th 2011, 1:39 pm

It can be amusing, though. Lily pulls a face as she considers Gideon's words, finally nodding. "You've got a point there," she concedes between mouthfuls. "It's just a bit weird, though, to think of going from a mad escape from the castle on a flying motorbike and a sword fight in the middle of the Tower of London, to... cooking pasta. Almost a bit mundane for us, in a way. I like it, though," she adds after a little pause, a hint of a smile crossing her face. She shakes her head at Gideon's boastfulness. "I don't know why you don't just employ a cook, then, and be done with it," she says honestly.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 7th 2011, 2:29 pm

This is true. "The mundane can still be fun, though. Besides, I'm sure you'd rather be here than back at Hogwarts, right? An escape is perfect - that's why I like having multiple places, at the risk of sounding too fancy. At least one is empty pretty much all the time... If that makes sense." He chew thoughtfully over the last part Lily said. "Nah - they wouldn't have that much work to do, really. And think about all the take out we'd miss!"
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2011, 10:58 am

Lily chuckles quietly at the surrealism of the moment; Gideon insisting to Lily that mundane moments can be fun. She does agree with him though, because she loved spending her afternoon snuggled on the couch just talking with Gideon every bit as much as she loved running around London with him. She meets his eyes, a soft smile on her face. "Definitely rather be here than Hogwarts," she confirms, then looks away because really, she ought to have reached her quota of mushiness for one day; she's never been a dewy-eyed schoolgirl before and she doesn't intend to start now. "Yeah, it makes perfect sense. Must be nice to know you've always got somewhere to go just to-" Breaking off, she shakes her head to clear the thoughts, and grins. She raises her hands in surrender as best she can while still juggling her bowl and fork. "Hey, just a suggestion, forget I said anything. If you're happy with your takeout diet, babe, go for it."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 9th 2011, 11:52 pm

-Gideon-

"Just to? What are you insinuating, Lily? I just like an escape occasionally, that's all, and even in the castle it can be virtually impossible to escape all of the other students and teachers and everyone else. There are a couple of places, but some of them are common knowledge which makes it even more disappointing." Gideon finishes his sentence before taking another large mouthful. A few moments later, when he has finally finished chewing, he grins. "Well I'm glad you approve because I am happy with it. Tasty food without effort - who wouldn't be happy with that?"
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 10th 2011, 11:34 am

"No!" Lily says quickly, frustrated with herself for cutting herself of and leaving the wrong impression instead of just explaining herself to begin with. She smiled, shaking her head. "I was agreeing with you, promise. I was just thinking how nice it must be to have that option is all, even if just for not having to deal with everyone else's drama for a little while, sometimes. You know, sometimes it's like people see the prefect badge and assume it's my job to take on all their baggage or something ridiculous," she shrugs, her nose wrinkling as she tries to explain her feelings. "I like helping people and all that, but there are just times when I want to scream at people for treating me like I'm their surrogate mummy." She has another couple of mouthfuls of pasta, then chuckles along at Gideon's take on takeout. "True, babe. I know they say things are supposed to be magically better when you've put the effort in for yourself, but forget that; when I'm hungry I don't want to make any effort, I just want someone to bring me food!"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 13th 2011, 1:18 pm

-Gideon-

"Oh, I knew you were agreeing with me, don't worry," Gideon says, grinning and patting Lily's leg affectionately. "Does that mean you're not qualified to give relationship advice and teach all the first years the responsibilities of growing up?" He asks, then properly thinking over what he just said and grimacing. "Oh, God, that does sound horrible..." He adds, before scooping the last of his pasta up and finishing it off.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 13th 2011, 2:18 pm

Lily puts her bowl on the coffee table. There is still a little bit of pasta and sauce in the bottom, but her hunger is satiated now so she abandons her dinner. Her hand moves to cover Gideon's as he pats her leg, enjoying the feeling of his large hand warming the patch of skin on her thigh. Her lips curve into a soft smirk as she watches Gideon talk himself through to the realisation of why she'd not always enjoy that. "Mmhmm. Not that I'm not qualified or anything -I'm actually bloody good at it, thanks!- but it's not always the greatest way to spend your time. Especially when you tell them something they don't want to hear and they turn into a right git about it," she adds, almost as an afterthought as her fingers absently stroke and trace over Gideon's.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 14th 2011, 8:25 am

-Gideon-

Gideon perks up a little as Lily talks. "When you become a prefect, do they warn you about that? Do you get sworn to secrecy before you do anything? Otherwise, you could sell secrets - but only the good ones, that is. The bad ones aren't worth it, really."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 14th 2011, 9:23 am

"Uh, no," Lily chuckles. "I like to think they figure you're not the type of arse who would do that to begin with, if they're choosing you as a prefect. Well, for McGonagall it seems to ring true at least. I don't know about the other Houses, though," she admits with a little shrug. It was hard to fathom how some people had scored the role, after all. Lily smiles cheekily, and leans in to gently nudge Gideon's shoulder with her own. "Why, babe, you think you were angling for an informant? I don't come cheap you know."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson January 5th 2012, 6:37 am

-Gideon, still, obviously-

Gideon snickers. "They figure that, but people have hidden depths sometimes, you know? And they can be... persuaded." He nods along with Lily's shrug - it's hard to know how anything goes on in the other Houses, seeing as they don't (or aren't supposed to) go into their Common Rooms or into their House-only areas, which is of course where most of the stuff happens. "Well, you know," he shrugs with a grin, "I have a lot of informants, but I did have one in particular in mind... A new informant - Prefect, female, long legs, hair like fire. Heard anything about her?"
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 5th 2012, 1:09 pm

"Oh do you, now?" Lily says, arching her eyebrows and playing along. Her cheeks turn a very light shade of pink, flattered by Gideon's description. She turns her head a little towards Gideon so that she can hold eye contact properly as they relax on the couch, side by side in comfortable companionship. The smile on her face begins sweetly enough, but seems to take an unexpectedly hard curve into wickedness. "Yeah, I've heard it's not so easy for her to be persuaded. You know, if knowledge is power and all that, then information is the strongest currency there is. Don't know what you're going to do about it, some people just can't be bought off. Not that easily, anyway," she adds after a little pause. "You might just be lucky, I hear she likes you."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson January 11th 2012, 1:39 pm

-Gideon-

"I most certainly do," Gideon continues, a smirk growing on his face. "Oh, but the thing is, so many people can be persuaded. You just have to learn their weaknesses. Some are physical objects, but not all of them." His right hand slides up Lily's rather bare leg as he talks, not very far, but very slowly. "She likes me - interesting. Maybe that's my 'in'." He turns a little as well, so that he is looking at Lily rather than sideways to her. He likes where this conversation is going, and is quite enjoying talking in hypotheticals.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 11th 2012, 2:31 pm

Lily's cheeks remain pink, she forces herself to hold back a tiny shiver when Gideon's hand begins to inch -excruciatingly slowly- up her leg. Her eyes come to life, sparkling with amusement and holding his gaze when he turns to face more towards her. "Oh? So you've decided she's got weaknesses, have you? Interesting," she murmurs, her voice dropping several octaves. Casually she shifts her weight, making herself more comfortable on the couch, and somehow in the process the leg not currently under the thrall of Gideon's hand ends up just a little more exposed. She appears not to notice, she was only stretching her leg out after all, trying to avoid it cramping up. Her eyes don't stray from Gideon's face the entire time, and the little smile stays on her lips. "That's a dangerous game you're playing, you know. Just because she likes you, doesn't guarantee you an 'in'. You'd best be careful or before you can persuade her to anything you might find yourself getting a little... distracted." Completely, unabashedly shameless, she bites her lip.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9