Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

3 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 4 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 5:37 pm

A little frown line appears between Lily's eyes as she mulls it all over, trying to understand as best she can. "I don't know," she says absently. "Sort of, actually. You're only eighteen, you shouldn't have to worry about anything being your job. Not more than the normal ways of big brothers, anyway. I suppose maybe I just don't understand it," she confesses. After a moment, what Lily is actually saying catches up with her and she flushes, hoping she hasn't been too completely offensive. She doesn't mean to be, she just worries about Gideon and doesn't understand how his family operates. "Sorry," she mumbles as they step off the conveyor belt and soon find themselves in what may just be the biggest gift shop Lily has ever seen.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 4 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 5:43 pm

Gideon shrugs. "Why are you sorry? It's just how things are, what I'm used to. I don't know anyone who has as much responsibility as me, but that I know I can deal with. I've had enough practice for now. And when the time comes for me to live alone, I'm all prepared. I just need my own money!" He doesn't mind her saying what she did - I mean, it's merely her opinion. But then he steps off the conveyor belt and takes a look around. "Well, that's impressive. See anything you fancy, babe? And I insist, this time, on paying."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 5:51 pm

Now it is Lily's turn to shrug. "I always seem to be questioning things. I suppose I'm just used to people getting annoyed with it and sometimes I forget that you never really mind, or don't show it if you do." She reaches for his hand, lacing her fingers with his and smiling up at him. For a while she just meanders about the gift shop, looking at this and that, and when she spots a snow globe with little replicas of the crown jewels inside, she laughs and points. "Well you could always show everyone up, babe, and say you've bought your girl the crown jewels."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 6:03 pm

Gideon gently squeezes Lily's hand. "Well, I don't mind people having opinions. Just as long as they aren't stupid about it. And you, love, are certainly not." He continues wandering around the store, looking for nice things to buy. There are pens, snowglobes, soft toys, pictures, puzzles... You name it, they probably have it here, with a logo, slogan or picture on it. "You know what? That is a spectacular idea!" He says excitedly, wandering over to the snowglobes and lifting one to inspect it. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he spots something else. Pulling Lily over, he lifts the plastic replica of the crown jewels up and places them with some ceremony on her head. Then, he bows. "Your Majesty."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 2:28 am

Lily suddenly regrets dragging Gideon here to this very public place, where it would be highly inappropriate for her to tackle him and snog him senseless, so she simply makes a mental note to do so later. She grins as Gideon pulls her along by the hand to something he's spotted, and when he lifts a plastic replica crown onto her head and bows, she laughs in delight. "Well, Merlin, Her Majesty is knocking about with a commoner! One cannot have that!" she gasps, looking around at the myriad of souvenirs surrounding them and lifting one hand to steady the plastic crown as it slips on her head. She spots a box of plastic swords, and her hand closes about the handle of one. "Kneel and be knighted at once!" she commands through her laughter.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 6:24 am

Gideon practically drops to his knees, making quite a loud thump, but he really couldn't care less right now. He tries to hold back his laughter, but is fairly unsuccessful as he waits patiently for the service of the knighthood of Sir Gideon to begin.

[Short!post is short because Lily has to knight him now. >.>]
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 6:33 am

[Replying to this first because it's easier, and Lily won't stop laughing long enough for Jack to finish snogging Angelina. Jack is not amused.]

Lily laughs loudly, then clamps a hand over her mouth and looks around, cheeks pink and eyes bright, as the other tourists look at them with expressions varying from indifferent to exasperated to amused. She looks back to Gideon - what does it matter what other people think? They're not out of control or offensive or disruptive, they're only having fun. "Admit it - it's always been a secret dream to play the knight in shining armour, hasn't it?" she chuckles, and touches the plastic sword to his shoulders, and then the top of his head. "Well then, arise Sir Gideon," she commands, words barely understandable through her chuckles, sword swinging merrily about.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 6:50 am

[Well, Jack amuses me. Does that count? XD]

Gideon doesn't even care who is around and who is watching. He's pretty used to public displays and crazy things happening, and this is just another in terms of the people watching. "Oh, how did you ever guess?" He quips, a hand moving to his heart as if her words have mortally wounded him. "Isn't it every boys not-so-secret dream? I just happen to have a motorbike instead of a horse." He says, before Lily knights him. Then, he rises, shoulder still shaking with laughter, and takes the sword from her. "Better give that to a professional before you take some poor commoners eye out, love."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 7:01 am

[Yes. Yes, it does. XD]

A little frown crosses Lily's face as Gideon takes the sword from her. She's certain there was nobody that close, and really, who would be silly enough to walk into the path of an oncoming sword? Her hands rest on her hips and she assesses the situation. "You know," she says, "I think I've changed my mind. You wear the crown, I want the sword!" And with that, she reaches into the display and pulls out another sword, looking thoroughly pleased with herself. "Actually, no, changed my mind again. I just want it all!" She smirks, pressing the tip of her plastic sword lightly to Gideon's chest in a silent challenge. She is practically glowing with mirth by this stage, happier than she thinks she's ever been, and full of the affectionate knowledge that she is with the one person in the world who would not be shocked or judgemental of this seldom-shown side to Lily.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 7:14 am

Gideon grins and laughs even harder as Lily takes a sword for herself. "While I accept your challenge, I have a feeling that we should probably pay for this stuff and head outside before someone loses their cool, or their head." He admits and grabs Lily's hand, tugging her over to the counter. "These two swords and the crown, please!" He tells the bemused-looking person behind the counter, and within a minute (and with a flourish of the Prewett parent credit card), he drops Lily's hand and runs out of the gift shop, sword in hand as he turns around and prepares to face his opponent. He is, he must admit, a little surprised at the change of tone and mood in Lily, but it's the best surprise ever. He's completely forgotten about school, and about everything, and right now he only knows 2 things: that he loves Lily, and that he has to beat her or forever bear the shame of being beaten by a girl.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 7:25 am

Lily lowers her sword patiently while Gideon pays for their weaponry and her new crown, then runs out of the gift shop with him, her laughter and her red hair trailing behind. She skids to a stop, both hands closing in on the sword as Gideon turns and raises his to her. "For the crown," she smirks, and jabs her sword towards his chest again. Competitive as she is, Lily knows three things in this moment rather than two; she knows that she loves Gideon, she knows that she intends to win the battle, and she also knows that she is willing to do anything to make sure she comes out on top.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 7:40 am

[Oh, this is going to be interesting...]

Gideon smirks right back at Lily. "For the crown? You can keep that. For eternal glory!" He says as he blocks her stab. The thought that he might lose doesn't even cross his mind as he steps back for a moment, adjusting his grip (one-handed) on his sword before leaping forward and thrusting his sword at Lily's arm.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 7:45 am

[Yes. Yes it is. Mya says it's not over until security gets involved. InevercouldresistaKeepOffTheGrasssign. >.> ]

"Afraid it'll mess up your hair, babe?" Lily taunts, hopping back out of the path of Gideon's strike and swinging her sword back at him. She adjusts her grip so that she's only using one hand, too, and slashes back and forth in that way that has absolutely no technique whatsoever, but results in a lot of blows to dodge.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 7:54 am

[Uh oh. Well, AJ says it's not over until I/Gideon win. Igetcompetitive. >.>]

"Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you?" Gideon retorts as he blocks Lily's shot. As she adjusts her grip, he takes the opportunity to move sideways a little - it almost looks like he's fencing rather than sword-fighting, but it seems to be working, because somehow he manages to dodge or block every swipe Lily makes at him. He waits a few seconds before lunging forwards when there's a break in the slashing motions, making a swipe of his own before almost dancing backwards again.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 8:03 am

[Ohsnap. I guess it'll never be over, then. *blinks*]

Lily just laughs, secure in the knowledge of Gideon's weak point even though he doesn't seem concerned. She lets out a short squeal as he breaks through and slashes, the plastic sword smacking into her left forearm before he dances back out of range again. "Ow!" she laughs, and pulls back to regroup. She shifts the sword in her right hand, and forces herself to be calm, to stay the urge to just slash wildly and hope she hits something, to develop a little strategy. She begins circling slowly, her eyes fixed on Gideon's and her wrist loose and ready.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 8:22 am

Gideon has a weak point? "Haha!" He laughs triumphantly, "The Prewett gets the first hit!" As she begins to circle Gideon, he circles in the opposite direction, bending his knees and preparing. He winks at her before lunging again, attempting to fake her out by aiming for her arm again before swinging down towards her leg instead.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 8:38 am

*smirks* Case in point. Lily chuckles, amused at how quick Gideon is to gloat over his hit, and does not respond for fear of losing her concentration. She keeps her eyes on his as they begin to circle each other, because she knows that in theory, his eyes will give him away before his movements do. The little wink almost shakes her. Almost, and it most likely would have succeeded if she had not been so focused on the battle, but as it is she manages to keep up with his fake, side-stepping at the last second and slicing her sword towards Gideon's arm before he has a chance to fall back.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 8:47 am

Gideon is a little surprised by Lily's quick recovery, but he manages to get his sword up in time. Just. However, his grip slips a little and Lily's sword slides down his, catching on his hand. "Damn!" He swears, pulling away and giving his fighting hand a light shake before concentrating on Lily and her sword once again.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 8:51 am

Lily makes no response as Gideon swears, except to lift a slightly mocking eyebrow. Chewing on her lip in concentration, she steels herself, and attacks again, slashing left to right and back again three times in quick succession, trying her best to get close enough so that she can get under Gideon's guard and get to him that way. She practically dances on the spot, trying to keep her feet light and ready to retreat and change tact within a heartbeat.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 9:02 am

Seeing as Lily is so silent and serious, Gideon falls silent himself, watching as Lily prepares to attack again. He backs away a few steps as she moves forward to attack, ducking and blocking all but the last shot, which catches his left elbow. He grimaces (the swords may be plastic, but they are still painful enough), but he leaps forward as soon as Lily has stopped slashing with her sword, jabbing directly towards her stomach.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 9:10 am

Lily squeals, jumping back and grabbing the side of her tummy. She hadn't been prepared for Gideon's move, and his sword hits her stomach and grazes off to the side, stinging a little. Her hand goes to the wound and she rubs at it a little. "Ow," she laughs, and pulls back again. Her eyes playfully rake over Gideon, as if she's looking for her next point of attack. After considering the situation from all possible angles, she does the only thing she can think of; she charges, knocking Gideon's sword to the side with her own, and jumps on him with a battle cry that is mostly laughter.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 9:21 am

Gideon grins as his sword makes contact, although he does feel bad that she is actually kind of hurt. Then again, it's not like he didn't take any hits... Gideon lets go of his sword, lest it be ripped out of his hand, and it's lucky he's got his knees bent already because as Lily jumps on him, his arms wrap instinctively around her waist. He staggers backwards, but his feet catch on the plastic chain marking the border between cobblestones and grass, and he fall backwards heavily, Lily landing on top of him, both still laughing.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 9:27 am

Lily is still laughing, although her eyes widen as Gideon topples backwards and they both go down. Thank Merlin for the grass, she thinks, glad for the soft landing and forgetting the 'Keep Off The Grass' signs that the pair are very much in violation of at the moment. Her crown dislodges and rolls a few feet away. "My crown!" Lily gasps, horrified. "I've been de-throned! My reign has come to an end, and all before I managed to fix the country!" She reaches out for it, although all is laughter and plastic swords and limbs tangled up together until finally Lily falls off Gideon's chest and manages to reclaim her crown. She rolls onto her back, and jumps a little in shock at the security guard standing directly over them, staring them down. "Oh."

Last edited by Lily Evans on June 11th 2011, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 11th 2011, 9:32 am

Gideon would like to point out that most of that soft landing for her isn't in fact the grass, but Gideon himself. He can't do anything but laugh more as Lily goes after her crown, until he is laughing so hard that he is crying with laughter. He fails to notice the security guard until Lily lets out her little 'oh', and then Gideon stops laughing, rubbing the water out of his eyes with the back of his sleeve to see the imposing guard standing right above them.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 9:41 am

And it was a lovely landing pad, for which Lily is very grateful. Mmhmm. Lily bites her lip, the security guard does not look as amused as she and Gideon are. Even the way his sunglasses glint in the light seems stern.

"Can you read?" he grouses at the teenagers sprawled across the forbidden grass.

Lily's eyes widen. "I can read four languages," she says, because she can read English, Middle English, French, and Ancient Runes. "Plus a little bit of German if it's not too complicated. Sir," she adds, hoping her response seems respectful enough. Authority figures simply do not look at Lily with disapproval, she's not certain how to respond and she has completely missed the sarcasm.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next