Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

3 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 2 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 12:39 pm

As Gideon lays his hand on her leg, Lily shifts a little closer, an unconscious gesture increasing the comfort of his contact. She nibbles on her danish and smiles, glad she hasn't wasted the day. "Well, showering is on the top of my list," she says with a little nod, "And then.... well, I don't really know. I don't really come to London much. Where do you like to hang out?" she asks, smirking a little. "All I can think of is things that might bore you to tears."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 2 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 12:49 pm

Gideon smiles. "Showering is definitely a good start. I have a few places I like, mostly around the theatre district. There's always the movies, and I might even be able to manage to get to a museum, if you're lucky. If you're lucky, that is, and I don't fall asleep first." He jokes. He doesn't really enjoy museums much, but it's pretty obvious that Lily is a museum kind of a person, and Gideon would put himself through that for her, certainly.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 1:00 pm

"The theatre district?" Lily asks, her eyes lighting up with curiosity. "But we could see a movie any old place, really, so maybe I'll just have to talk you into that museum after all." Chuckling, she finishes her danish and her coffee. Then she stands. "Won't be long," she promises, then slips into the bathroom to shower and get ready. She conjures toiletries for herself, and ten minutes later she is fresh and clean and a towel is wrapped about her. She emerges from the bathroom, the last of the steam dissipating in her wake, and chews her lip. "D'you think Alice would mind if I borrowed a pair of jeans?" she asks Gideon, given that she hasn't bought any changes of clothing for herself.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 1:08 pm

Gideon simply nods, waiting paitently for Lily to return. He is pleasantly surprised, to be honest, at how quickly she is showered and changed. He has lived (and spent the night with) girls before, but he can't remember the last time it took only 10 minutes for one of them to shower. "Yes, before you start mocking me, the theatre district. Now that I think about it, we should go to Hyde Park too, it looks like it'll be a nice day and there's also a lovely, if a bit exclusive, boat house restaurant. But the maitre d knows me, so we should be able to swing a table if you like." Then he nods. "She's about your height too - of course you can."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 1:19 pm

Lily's not one for long showers, really. If she wants to take a long time in the bathroom, she'll have a bath, preferably with a good book and a butterbeer on hand too. Smiling her thanks, Lily collects her underthings from the master bedroom and slips into Alice's room -it's so very easy to tell Alice's room from Molly's, they are worlds apart in style and taste and contents- to find some clothing. She performs a quick refreshing charm on her bra and panties to make herself feel more comfortable and dresses quickly in a pair of Alice's jeans and a nice shirt because she wants to be presentable for the day Gideon is planning. "Everyone knows you, don't they?" she says, her lips twitching upwards as she joins him back in the living room. She winks cheekily. "Why would I mock you for liking the theatre district when I could mock you over more important things? I'm ready when you are," she announces. She picks up her bag, and takes a small vial out of it -the contraceptive potion she takes daily- to swallow before she forgets [and before Mya forgets again], and then returns it to the bag, automatically refilled.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 1:31 pm

Gideon very much appreciates the speediness, that's for sure. "Yes, most people do in this area, if I'm honest." He stands, picking up the coffee cups (both of them now empty) and throwing them in the bin, as he stashes the rest of the pastries, still wrapped in their paper, in the breadbox on the counter. Grabbing his things and putting them in the pocket of his jeans, he moves towards the door. "So, where to first?" He asks, reaching his arm out for Lily to link with his.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 1:37 pm

Lily glances at the motorbike by the door, almost disappointed that they won't be taking it out for the day but still more than satisfied just to walk or take the underground with Gideon. She slips her arm through Gideon's and stretches up to kiss his cheek. "Come on then, theatre boy, let's go there first, then maybe the park after?" she suggests, waiting for Gideon to lock the door so they can head for the lift and back to the street.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 1:41 pm

Gideon smirks. "Yeah yeah, it's not my fault there are cool shops and cafes around the theatre district." He locks the door behind them, and leads her to the lift, and down to the street. "Come on, it's this way." He says, turning right and leading the way towards the closest Underground station. "It's only a couple of stops to the district from here."

[Short post, but you know, whatever. Shall we make another thread for London, or just use this one?]
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 1:48 pm

[Lazy me says we should just use this one.... mostly so that it reads through in order without having to jump around to different threads... XD]

"Yeah, yeah, just like it's not your fault that you have two sisters and also a brother who might be a fan of musical theatre if one likes to think in stereotypes," Lily quips, because it's just occurred to her [and to Mya] that that might be the reason Gideon has spent so much time in the district. She roots around in her bag as she walks with Gideon to the station, fishing out her purse and inspecting the contents quickly. There are a couple of galleons, a handful of sickles and a knut or two, but no Muggle money. "I'll need to withdraw some money when we pass an ATM, too," she warns him, because there is no way she'll be letting him pay for everything they do for the entire weekend. Not after he's already gone so far out of his way to make her happy.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 1:59 pm

[Sounds like a plan!]

"Well," Gideon protests, "It isn't! And no, you won't need any money. I have this." And he pulls out a credit card from his back pocket. "Look what I found - it's my parents. They keep spares in each house, because they travel so much, and they won't notice or mind us using it." They've already reached the station (Knightsbridge), and as Gideon enters, he presses a few buttons on the ticket machine and it prints out two 3-day passes, one for each of them. He hands one to Lily as he double checks the platform guide, more out of habit than anything else. "Picadilly line, it's only 4 stops to Leceister Square."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 2:08 pm

Lily gives Gideon the look. The 'I am Lily Evans, and I mean business' look. "Gideon, don't. I'm not going to spend the entire weekend living off your parents' credit card. Besides, I'd rather not be walking around London with no money in my pocket," she says, tucking her hair behind her ear and taking the pass with a gracious smile because that's the end of that conversation for her. She walks with Gideon to the correct platform and a couple of minutes later, they are sitting on the train as it hurtles underneath London. Her eyes fall on the map plastered at the end of the carriage. "D'you think it's true, what Dumbledore says about having a scar that's an exact map of the Underground?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 2:12 pm

Gideon literally puts his hands up in the air. "Okay, okay, okay. I know what that look means, and we'll get some when we get out into the Square." His eyes also fall onto the map, because although he has seen the map many times before (hell, he's even got the centre part of it memorised from spending his summers barhopping and tripping around the city), he never actually thought about it like that. "Wow, maybe. I highly doubt anyone has seen his knee to check it, honestly."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 2:16 pm

Lily smirks in satisfaction as Gideon literally surrenders to the look. "Oh! I dare you to ask him for proof next time you see him," she says, laughing and nudging playfully against him. "I wonder how someone could even get a scar like that. Really, what cut or curse in the world makes that?" And she points to the map to which they are referring.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 2:22 pm

Gideon's smile turns into a grimace, although he is obviously still amused. "Great. I suppose I actually have to do that now then, do I?" Then he laughs, imagining walking up to Dumbledore in the Great Hall at dinner and asking to see his leg. Gideon can hardly expect it to go well. "I have no idea, really. Unless everyone just happened to curse him hit him in the knee. Or he uses his knee to defend himself..." He ponders, imagining that and grinning again.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 2:28 pm

"Yes, yes you do. Go on, don't be shy. It doesn't suit you," she tells Gideon, smirking merrily at him. "I don't think he'll be too upset - I once sent him some socks for Christmas and he looked like it was the best gift he'd ever had. Come on," she says, as they near Leicester Square she grabs Gideon's hand and pulls him over to the door. She's just a little bit excited about getting out and doing something different for the day, so when the doors open she's the first back onto the platform, weaving in and out of the Saturday morning crowds in the general direction of the nearest exit sign.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 2:36 pm

Gideon grins. "Oh well, I suppose, but I might save that conversation for when there aren't about a thousand other students, if you don't mind. I've heard that about him, actually - don't know why, but he seems to love socks." He shrugs. He followers Lily, a little more casual - after all, to him this is any other weekend in London, and there's been a fair few of those. Together, they follow, Gideon keeping Lily's hand just in case the crowd would seperate them. They reach the exit and emerge onto the street, and after looking each way, Gideon turns right, heading past one of the half-price ticket sellers and down the laneway.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 2:41 pm

"If you insist," Lily says with a little sigh, as if she's so very disappointed that Gideon wouldn't want to walk up to the Headmaster in front of the whole school and demand to see his legs. She grips his hand tightly, not wanting to be separated, and blinks as they emerge onto the street. Gideon seems to know exactly where he's going, so Lily follows willingly. As they pass the half-price ticket seller, the flicker of a video catches Lily's keen eyes and she stares at what she is pretty sure is a recording of Wicked, only looking away when she has to concentrate on the path ahead of her or trip over her own feet. "What are we looking at first?" she asks, glancing back over her shoulder one last time.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 3:01 pm

"I do insist." Gideon adds, as they pass the ticket seller. He sees her looking almost longingly at the Wicked promotional video, but he doesn't say anything because Wicked is most certainly not his thing, and while he can put up with museums, musicals are to be avoided at all costs. "Well, what do you feel like looking at first? Bookshop, movie store, there's a few department stores around here too if you like. But we might steer clear of Soho, if you don't mind. It's a bit early in the morning for that."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 3:11 pm

"Bookshops?" Lily says, a hopeful tone creeping back into her voice and her attention returning to Gideon without another thought for the video or the half-price ticket seller. Of course, a department store might be a good plan at some point because even with all the cleaning and freshening charms in the world Lily doesn't fancy the same pair of knickers for three days in a row, but that can wait for later in the day. "Oh, sure, lead on." She waves a hand in a you're-leading sort of fashion when Gideon mentions he'd rather avoid Soho, not too fussed because she's never been there herself -it's the sort of place her parents or her sister would never be caught dead, after all- and she doesn't know all that much about it, apart from the fact that its local population might be described as... eclectic. She continues looking around, her face open and curious and trying to take in everything all at once because she doesn't know when she'll next get the chance to do so.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 3:24 pm

Gideon smiles good-naturedly. "Of course bookshops. In fact," he says, as they pass another ticket vendor, "unless I'm mistaken, this is one right here." He stops, turning to his left and looking across the laneway. Just there, with an old sign and a dusty window, is what looks like an antique bookstore. He crosses, dodging and ducking the people in true London style until he is standing right in front of the store.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 3:40 pm

Lily smiles brilliantly at Gideon as he crosses the laneway, taking her with him as her hand is still clamped in his, and they arrive at a beautiful antique bookstore. She doesn't stop as Gideon does, dragging him forwards with her and into the store at once. She stops in the doorway, breathing deeply and savouring the smell and the taste and the atmosphere of dusty books, each with a story of its own. She makes a beeline for the literature, because although she could spend hours and hours going through every section, she does remember that Gideon will be bored within ten minutes and she doesn't want to be rude. Her fingers trail along the spines lightly, collecting a little dust, but she barely notices it. Something catches her eye, and her fingers lightly pluck one of the books from the shelf so that she can turn it over in her hands, inspecting it, then crack it open with near-reverence. "Wow," she whispers, having forgotten Gideon is there for a moment. "It's in Middle English."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 3:48 pm

Gideon just watches as Lily walks into the bookstore, already having forgotten him and lost herself in the books. He doesn't mind - he knows how much she loves books, and this is something that even he can't compete with. But, like he said, he doesn't mind. His hands brush the bookshelves too, but then he dusts his hands off, putting them into his pockets instead as he reads the spines of the books, even though he's only half paying attention.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 3:57 pm

Lily spends another minute inspecting the book in her hand - a copy of The Book of the Duchess printed in Middle English, then turns to Gideon to excitedly gush to him about how she's not been able to find anything but the stupid translated and heavily edited and annotated versions before. But the moment she catches sight of him; hands in his pockets and idly scanning the book spines in a way that suggests he's only moving his eyes to keep them open, she bites her lip and smiles in silence. He doesn't care, but she knows he would make a stab at pretending to for her, and that's enough for her somehow. Lily turns away, back to scouring the shelves and in what seems like no time (it's probably a lot of time in Gideon's world) she is juggling an armload of books and trying to see over the top of them to spot more.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 4:31 pm

Gideon doesn't even notice that Lily is there, looking at him and analysing the books, until she turns to him what feels like a long time later. Really, though, it's only about a half hour, and then they are looking at each other again, Lily over a huge pile of books. "Are you buying all of those, or reading them all now? Because if you're reading them now, maybe I should come back later..."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 4:39 pm

Lily chuckles, which unfortunately means she inhales a little bit of dust and sneezes. Thank Merlin it is a dainty, dry, girly sneeze, ad not the sort of sneeze that people usually give when they're sick, because that would've been awkward and probably lowered the value of the books piled in her arms. "Excuse me," she says politely, then shrugs, which is not the wisest move as she has to adjust her grip quickly to maintain her hold on her pile. "You might have to give me another hour if I was to just read them all. I can't resist them," she admits, a guilty little look crossing her face as she admits her vice as if books are right up there with drugs and alcohol for terrible things she could be addicted to. She takes them over to the counter, sets them down, and fishes out her wallet to unearth the Muggle debit card she always keeps with her just in case she needs it.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next