Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

3 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 3 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 4:57 pm

Gideon smiles again at the sound of Lily sneezing. "Well, we might have to make a few trips back to the apartment, don't you think?" He says lightly, as she puts the books down and readies her card so that she can pay for them all. He is think that they might have to make a few trips back and forth, after all, and that buying those 3-day passes was probably worth their time.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 3 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Lily Evans June 9th 2011, 5:04 pm

"Maybe," Lily says, because to be honest she thinks that books are too precious to just have a shrinking charm placed on them. Maybe a weightless charm would suffice, though she'd still have to deal with the bulkiness of them. "Don't know how I'd manage them going back to school on the bike, anyway, so I'll probably just post them to myself. Thank you," she says to the shopkeeper as she finishes paying for her books and takes the two heavy bags from him. She turns and grins at Gideon, because that is really her shopping fix for the day and now she's content to do whatever comes their way. "Alright, now you pick something you want to do," she tells him as they head back out to the street.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 9th 2011, 6:25 pm

Gideon shrugs, and begins to open his mouth to say something. Then he stops himself and steps into a side alley, pulling Lily with him. "We can shrink them and put on a weightless charm, if you like. I just didn't want to say that with the Muggles right there. I have enough people thinking I'm crazy already, actually," he finishes, stepping back onto the street. "Well, I don't know. How helpful is that? You're the one who wanted to get away in the first place, and you need the therapy, so you can choose. Whatever you like - well, whatever you like within reason, that is."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 3:17 am

"No!" Lily shrieks, looking at Gideon in horror and turning sharply away as if she's using her own body as a human shield between Gideon and her precious cargo. "You can't shrink them, what if they get damaged? Weightless charms only," she orders, and allows him to do so because her hands are full with the two bulky bags and she cannot reach for her wand. Now that she is much calmer, crisis averted, she smiles playfully. "Did you just tell your girlfriend she needed therapy? Smooth, Prewett. Smooth. Um, I don't really know. I don't want to be selfish, I want you to have fun too," she says, transferring her now feather-light bags into one hand so she can tuck her hair behind her ear. She thinks a moment. "Is it too far or too much to see the Tower of London?" she asks after a brief hesitation.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 4:50 am

Gideon is shocked for a moment, but he quickly recovers, casting the weightlessness charm. "I meant retail therapy, Evans. Not, like, a psychologist. I'm not that stupid, that's for sure." He nods. "We can do that," he says, beginning to lead the way back to the station, "but we need to catch the Tube again. Nothing like London, huh? Unless you want to pop back to the apartment first to dump the books..."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 5:12 am

Lily wrinkles her nose. "Retail therapy? This was it," she tells him, lifting the light bags and shrugging. "There's just a couple of other things I'll need, but I can take care of that if I just pop into Harrod's on our way past this afternoon and that should only take me a few minutes," she smiles, because while Lily likes to save her money and shop sensibly for the most part, the two notable exceptions are books and lingerie and if Lily needs new underwear, she's going to get the best. Gideon will just have to wait patiently. She lowers her voice so that the Muggles streaming around them in the crowds will not overhear. "Dropping the books off might be nice, though. But if there's a quiet corner somewhere nearby, and if your place doesn't have wards up, we could apparate in if you like? Might make things a bit quicker, then we'd not have to take the Tube for one trip," she suggests.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 5:46 am

Gideon snickers. "I say retail therapy, and that's all you say? I knew there was a reason I liked you, babe. And Harrod's is only a couple of blocks from the station nearest the apartment, so that's easy. We'll just have to make sure we get there before they close, is all." Gideon likes the idea of going lingerie shopping with Lily, he's not going to lie. And he will indeed wait patiently. "I thought we would do it the Muggle way, but we could also Apparate. And there aren't really any quiet corners, but I know a place." He says, taking Lily's hand again and leading her towards the large cinema complex half-way across the square.

[I figured they could apparate from a bathroom or something, and the cinema seemed the easiest place to find a bathroom.]
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 6:09 am

"I like books, and this load will take me at least two weeks to get through. That's kind of being spoilt, for me," Lily says simply. She doesn't yet know how she would go if Gideon was right there with her while she was lingerie shopping, but she might be relaxed enough by that stage of the day... "Well we only have a weekend. Plus I'm impatient," she says, voice light and smile on her face. Mya figures it would have only been a couple of months since Lily was legal for Apparating, so she wouldn't have had much of a chance to do so and it would be a bit of a novetly for her. Also, AJ is a genius, so Lily follows Gideon into the cinema complex. They wait for the first opportunity to slip into a wheelchair access toilet cubicle, Lily giggling to herself at how they must look to anyone who might have spotted them, and they Apparate back to the Prewetts' apartment with a spin and a popping noise. She puts her books on a small table out of the way and grins at Gideon. "Ready for round two whenever you are!"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 7:02 am

"You think I don't know that you like books? You must really think very little of me..." Gideon smirks, before leaning in towards her and kissing her lightly. "Round two, hey? Maybe we should save that for later, though." He takes Lily's arm tightly in his own. "Let me do this one - there are some public toilets near the Tower we can apparate into." He says, and with another spin and a pop, they appear in a toilet cubicle in a dingy, badly lit bathroom.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 7:12 am

Lily doesn't respond to his question; of course she knows he is aware of her love of books, and she most certainly does not think little of him but she won't be padding his ego any time soon because she's certain he's suer enough of himself. She simply kisses him back and holds on when he seizes her arm. She laughs at his quip, and is still chuckling even as he guides her to their next destination, but she whacks him lightly on the arm nonetheless. "Don't be rude. Or presumptuous," she smirks, then looks around at their current location with a little grimace. "Ew. Let's get out of here." Using only her very fingertips, she eases the door open and slips out of the toilet cubicle.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 8:32 am

Gideon grins. Obviously, he can tell that she is amused, and it's not like he was being vulgar on anything. Not. At. All. As Lily eases the door open and exits the cubicle, Gideon realises not only that this is the men's bathroom, but that there is a guy standing at the sink. He looks up and catches Gideon's eye - he merely shrugs and winks as the two of them head out into the sunlight of above ground again. Gideon turns left straight out of the bathroom, and just a hundred metres in front of them is the entrance to the Tower of London.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 8:39 am

Lily's mouth hangs open a little in the shock of the moment as she exits the cubicle and is met with the sight of a man at the sink. "Oh, God," she squeaks, biting her lip and averting her eyes -thank Merlin he wasn't at the urinal, that would've been completely humiliating!- and flushing a pretty shade of pink. She rushes out of the men's room as quickly as she can, only slowing when they're back into the open air. "Next time, we're taking the Tube," she mutters, her cheeks still very hot and her eyes fixed steadfastly on the entrance to the Tower, just ahead.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 8:59 am

Gideon just grins as they exit and stand on the street. "Embarrassed? It's not like we were doing anything, you know. But if you insist, we can take the Tube next time." He comments dryly. They walk together to the entrance of the Tower, before Gideon facepalms lightly. "Tickets!" He shouts. "Wait right here." He leaves Lily to look up at the Tower, as he runs across the way to the ticket office, purchasing two tickets with his parents credit card. He comes jogging back, tickets in hand now. "Much better. Shall we?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 9:10 am

"I know, but it sure looked like it, and what if that had been someone I knew? Someone my parents knew?" Lily mumbles, shifting and tucking her hair behind her ear. Her mother would possibly try and pull her out of school or something for such an offence. She waits right there as Gideon requests while he jogs off to purchase tickets, distracting herself from the residual heat in her cheeks by admiring the architecture of the castle/fortress in front of her. "We shall," she agrees when Gideon rejoins her, linking her fingers easily with his and heading in.

[oops, so much for leaving on time.... talk to you later, lovely. BYE! <3]
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 9:21 am

Gideon grins. "I suppose so. It wouldn't bother me, that's for sure. But I suppose it's probably different for guys... Probably." He says, shrugging a little. After he returns to Lily, he gives her hand a quick squeeze as they walk in the outer walls. Inside, there are other tourists milling around on the wide stone walkway, but staying off the grass as the signs suggest. The grey stone walls of the inner Tower loom over them, taking up the exact middle area of the Tower. "Where to first? There's the chapel, the gunroom, the Crown Jewels. And a little shop."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 10:12 am

"You haven't met my mother," Lily says shortly. "She is, well, traditional is the best word for it, I suppose. And I think you're probably right, it's different for guys somehow," she shrugs, although she is far too distracted by her surroundings to give much thought to gender politics at the present moment. She spends a few long moments just staring up at the inner Tower before letting her gaze wander more liberally. "Let's start with the gunroom, that sounds cool," she decides, pulling Gideon impatiently in the right direction as her hand is still in his. Plus, she figures that anything with the word 'gun' in it might be a tad less boring for him.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 3:15 pm

Gideon grimaces a little. "Traditional, hey? Is she too traditional for me? I might just go out on a limb, and say that she won't like me. That's probably a safe bet." He admits as they walk towards the gunroom, which is in one wing of the outer Tower. Upon entering, they are confronted with displays in cases of spears, jousting sticks, swords, you name it. There is a large silver suit of armour in the corner, set upon a model horse. Gideon wanders over to the first display - one with various swords - and admires them. In his head, he is picturing himself doing battle with a mortal enemy, and winning of course.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 3:28 pm

Lily leans closer to Gideon for a moment and wraps her arm around him as they walk, glancing up at him affectionately. "I wouldn't let her do anything but adore you. Don't worry, I'll protect you from the big, scary mother," she teases. Of course, there are some aspects of her life that Lily will never ever be sharing with her mother, but she thinks that might be fairly standard for most teenagers and their parents so she's not too fussed. As the pair walks into the gunroom, Lily pulls away from Gideon so that they can poke around on their own. She inspects a display of jousting sticks, reading the information very carefully before admiring the display itself. She turns around, and all of a sudden she wishes she had a camera because the way Gideon is looking at the display of swords as if he's going to pick one up and start slaying the world's dragons is priceless. Smiling a little to herself, she moves over to the model horse and the suit of armour.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 3:48 pm

Gideon looks down at Lily. "Of course you wouldn't. But as soon as she left me, she'd probably start ranting and raving about how I'm 'dangerous' and 'a risk to society'. Not that that would stop us - in fact, it'd just make everything more exciting, don't you think?" He says with a wink. He finishes off his imaginary foe in the battle of Gideon's Mind, and makes his way over to inspect the armoured horseman. "I like it." He comments to Lily. "You know, jousting would be pretty cool - I wonder if you can still do that."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 4:00 pm

"I don't think she cares so much about society as she does about the reputation of her virtuous daughter who would never ever misbehave in the slightest," Lily smirks, rolling her eyes a little. "Tell you what - you promise not to bring your bike the first time you visit my house, and I'll promise not to leave you alone with her," she compromises. She tucks her hair behind her ear, contemplating the model horse and the armour. "I'm sure you could find some people somewhere who still joust -they have medieval fairs and the like still, don't they?- but the question is, why? Quidditch is one thing, but it seems like a special brand of senselessness to line up two fools on horses and have them charge each other down with heavy sticks." Mya has seen jousting, it's pretty cool. Those watermelon targets exploded like nothing else... "Come on, let's go see the Crown Jewels and loudly make heist jokes in earshot of the guards!"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 4:06 pm

"Well, of course. We don't do anything but whisper sweet nothings into each others ears when we're alone, remember?" Gideon replies, grinning. "And sure - I'll just Apparate instead. Sounds like a lovely plan." He tilts his head, admiring and thinking about the horse and armour again. "Probably - I mean, what else would you do at medieval fairs, other than eat terrible food and wear scratchy clothing. Maybe I'll stick to Quidditch, I mean, it's probably safer. People disappear playing Quidditch, but at least they turn up eventually, right?" AJ would like to see jousting sometime, even though she is allergic to horses. Then, Gideon grins. "Sounds like an awesome plan; if we're lucky, we'll end up in jail for treason!"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 4:17 pm

"Scandalous!" Lily declares, elbowing Gideon in the side (though not sharply). "We are chaperoned at all times, naturally!" Shaking her head and laughing, she pulls Gideon away from the display and on towards the Crown Jewels display. "Never quite understood that whole thing about people disappearing in quidditch," she admits as they step onto the conveyor belt that keeps them moving around the display of the jewels. Well, you can stand far enough back that you won't have to worry about the horses and still see everything and it would still be awesome. "And just so you know, if we get arrested, the bail is definitely one thing I won't argue with you putting on your parents' credit card."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 4:28 pm

Gideon smiles warmly. "Naturally. I would never dare spoil a lady's good reputation, for I am a gentleman." He steps onto the conveyor belt next to Lily, and they begin to move around the display, admiring all the large precious stones and jewels, whcih culminates in seeing the Crown Jewels themselves. "Well, I would imagine it's pretty easy," He admits, "And actually, that's fine with me. To be honest, they probably wouldn't even notice. They don't check any of the accounts, and it's not like there's not enough money in them. And there's been some pretty odd stuff on the cards before too."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 10th 2011, 4:40 pm

Lily just chuckles, deciding that shots about Gideon's claim to gentlemanly behaviour are far too cheap and easy. She keeps her eyes glued on the various jewels, leading up to the crown jewels themselves, and chewing her lip lightly. "Don't you ever wish..." she begins, then hesitates and shakes her head. After a beat, she picks up the thread and tries again. "Do you ever wish they did worry more about things, so that you didn't have to if you didn't want to?" She presumes Gideon has never really thought about it, that looking after his family is something he just does, but sometimes it makes Lily sad to think that he seems to shoulder the responsibilities of someone at least twice his age.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 10th 2011, 5:25 pm

Gideon is glad that Lily doesn't make those shots - there are, indeed, quite a few. He admires the sparkle and shine of the jewels as they pass him by. "Don't I ever wish?" he begins, before listening to Lily finish her sentence. "Well, sometimes, I suppose. They've never been around much - it's just what I'm used to now - I'm the oldest and it's my job to keep an eye out for the others. They have to work, and while we don't need the money, I can't argue with the fact it's nice to have.Why, does it upset you?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next