Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professor Slughorn's Classroom

+12
Albus Severus Potter
Teddy Lupin
Ginny Weasley
Draco Malfoy
Neville Longbottom
Reed Dawson
Dean Thomas
Seamus M. Finnigan
Scorpius Malfoy
Sirius Black
Rolf Scamander
Viktor Krum - Inactive
16 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Professor Slughorn's Classroom - Page 7 Empty Re: Professor Slughorn's Classroom

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 9th 2011, 1:37 am

Al laughed and took a moment to think about this plan before he came up with an answer. "You know what? Why don't you just not tell them anything at all. That way, there'll be all sorts of different rumors and no one will know the truth. Everyone will be talking about us and they'll have loads of stories, but no one will know which one is the real one."
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Professor Slughorn's Classroom - Page 7 Empty Re: Professor Slughorn's Classroom

Post  Teddy Lupin February 9th 2011, 1:55 am

Teddy nodded, "Well, I 'spose I should get going." He stood up and turned to face Al, "I've got a date to get to," He announced with a smile, "But we should do this again sometime. I miss talking to you over the school year, and there's really no reason why we shouldn't talk."
Teddy Lupin
Teddy Lupin
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 9th 2011, 1:58 am

"I've missed talking with you too. We'll see each other again real soon. Have fun on your date," he said, grinning as he waved goodbye to Teddy, then walked out of the room with his guitar to go play somewhere else.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 7th 2011, 3:46 am

Arthur stood in the middle of the potions classroom, book and bag of ingredients in hand. He placed the things on the stool and grabbed a spare cauldron from the edge of the classroom. He turned the book to the page on human essence and pulled out the bag containing his mother's and father's hairs. If he brewed the potion correctly, he would be able to place the hairs in the potion and then into a prototype of the clock and everything would be perfect and he could give it to Molly as a present.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 3:48 am

Audrey walked in with her bag of potions ingredients that she had bought last weekend and the new text she had picked up as well. She saw an unfamiliar ginger in the room and walked in, putting her bag down at her usual work station before turning to the newbie. "Hi, I'm sorry but I don't think I know you. I'm Audrey Stevenson."
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 7th 2011, 3:55 am

"I'm Arthur Weasley," he said with smile. "Do you know anything about Potions? Because I'm utterly clueless and I don't want to blow anything up." Arthur hadn't met Audrey before, but the name sounded familiar and she looked nice and intelligent.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 3:58 am

Audrey raised an eyebrow but couldn't stop the smile from spreading across her lips. "Yes I do know quite a bit about potions. What are you working on?" She figured if this boy had something interesting to brew she would spend the afternoon helping him, if not she would set up a cauldron of her own and supervise him from a distance.
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 7th 2011, 4:03 am

"I'm working on creating a magical clock that will allow you to determine the location of all the members of a family. In order to do this, I need a Potion that will bring out the essences in a strand of hair. If I combine the essence of a mother's and father's hair, I believe that I can create a powerful connection that will allow me to not only figure out their location, but that of their children. Because parents' essences form the basics of a child - it's the magic that binds them. But unfortunately this recipe looks like gibberish for me and I really want to finish the clock so that I can give it to Molly before the end of the year."
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 4:07 am

Audrey took the paper from his hands and skimmed down it, pulling a fountain pen from the back of her bun and scratching out a few things, making a couple of notes on the sides. "Who gave you this recipe? There's a couple of dangerous combinations in here that aren't necessary."
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 7th 2011, 4:10 am

"I found it in an old textbook from the library," he said. "Is it a bad recipe? I bought all the ingredients they listed." Arthur placed the bag from the Potions store on the table. "Some of it is fresh from the greenhouses; I couldn't afford to buy everything, so I tried to get whatever I could fresh. Professor Sprout was really nice in helping me with it."
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 4:15 am

Audrey shrugged and marked a few more things on it, "Well this is an older style recipe. I'm updating it a little for you but it's fairly complicated. I'll help you with it. Here," she reached into his bag and pulled out all the ingredients, arranging them so they were organized by type and toxicity, the same way she always organized her own ingredients. "Now how much do you know about potions?"
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 7th 2011, 4:18 am

"I got an A on my OWL. So pretty much nothing," Arthur said. "I was hoping to find someone to help me with this part of the process." He nervouly twiddled his fingers. "So do you want to help me with this? Please? I need something that I can replicate easily later because Molly wants a clock for her family and I don't have her parents' hairs yet." Arthur hoped that Audrey didn't find this boring or Arthur pitiful.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 4:22 am

Audrey shrugged and nodded, "I'm working as a sort of research assistant to Professor Slughorn right now so this is actually good experience for me. And I'll make sure you understand what to do, you might just want to take notes though as we go." She took the cauldron he had set out and put it next to the table, lighting the fire under it and shooting it half full of water from her wand. "Okay see the first line there that says "BLAH WHATEVER IT SAYS"? That's basically old-fashioned english for heating half a cauldron of water up to a boil"
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 7th 2011, 4:24 am

Arthur read the BLAH text. "Ok," he said, immediately scribbling down what Audrey was saying. "So boil half cauldron of water. I can't screw this up too badly. I have been getting cooking lessons lately." He smiled at the memories of time with Molly in the kitchens; she was so beautiful while she was cooking.

Last edited by Arthur Weasley on June 7th 2011, 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 4:28 am

Audrey nodded, and looked up at him, "Focus on the potion Arthur." She shook her head, knowing that one of the hardest parts of potions for most amateur brewers was the focus and patience it took, that and the counting apparently. She couldn't even remember the number of times people had exploded cauldrons because they mis-counted the times they had stirred. "Now this line explains that while you're boiling the water you need to shred the daisy roots. Do you know how to do that?"
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 7th 2011, 4:31 am

"Vaguely, though probably not well. Slughorn never liked me much; he tended to ignore most of my questions," Arthur said with a frown. He pulled out the daisy roots and a sharp silver knife. "Is this the right tool for the job?" he asked.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 4:47 am

Audrey shook her head and pulled out her own ceramic blade, "Silver is generally better for slicing and crushing, shredding requires a finer tip. Sliver can get the job done but not for something as delicate as this." She picked up the root and stood it on its tip, "This is how you shred properly," she slowly brought the blade down, separating the fibers and pulling them away in a clump instead of a slice, careful of her fingers. "See?"
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 7th 2011, 4:49 am

"Ok," Arthur said, quickly writing that down in his notebook. He took out a cermanic knife, one of his old favorites from some of his previous inventing endeavors. He attempted to shred his own daisy roots; it wasn't half as neat as Audrey, but at least there was no blood, which is always a good thing when Arthur and sharp objects are involved.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 8th 2011, 12:49 am

Audrey shredded most of the rest of the roots, and put them next to the few he did, taking them all and putting them on a scale. She weighed them out and split the pile neatly into two. "Okay Arthur, see where it says 'Mix roots with boiled water, with roots add in powdered frogs blood.'? Well one of the rules of potions is determine your base. The base for this mixture is the daisy and so you need to set the base partially before you begin to add in any other ingredients."
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 8th 2011, 2:29 am

Arthur gave Audrey a confused look. "A base? You mean the first ingredient?" Arthur asked, scratching his head. Potions were a mystery to him, probably more than women. "Sorry if I've being stupid; none of this makes any sense."
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 12:16 pm

[PAUSED FOR TAM UNTIL SHE GETS TO ENGLAND.]
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy June 12th 2011, 9:05 pm

Audrey nodded and looked over the recipie again. "Yes that's right, and ask away, I'm glad to help. I love potions and I'm always up for helping other people learn more. Now do you have powdered centaur hoof?"
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

http://skylinepassion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 13th 2011, 3:51 am

"Yes," Arthur said, pulling out a white powedery substance. "Or least I think it is." Actually, it's highly explosive powdered dragon claw, which was next to the centaur hoof at the store. But Arthur didn't realize this and was getting ready to put it into the cauldron.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7